Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: GB v 49ers pre season comments on NFL.com

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

Rodgers is accurate and has potential, but he holds the ball too long and gets rattled under pressure. He lacks experience.

I see 7-9 at best.
    Nice to see he did learn something from Favre.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    That is fantastic.
    I've always said/thought that the packers line was overrated, and the only reason they looked so good is because of Favre and his extremely quick release.
    I have a feeling that Rogers will learn what its like being a starting qb the hard way this year.
    And I remember saying they wouldn't look as good without Lord Favree, but would be good enough to give Rodgers enough time.

Wow, seems I missed the mark on that.
    Seriously, did anyone else see the time they gave the kid against the 49rs.
    Sometimes less than 2 seconds.
    WOW. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

dfosterf is offline Coach

Just a friendly reminder, just as I have been reminded by some of you... Do not count your probable poultry production until precipitory predications have preceded.
    ;D
    On a side note, if in fact the Vikes cook our goose on MNF, I will be here for any and all that wish to revel in it, not that I would expect anyone wanting to do THAT! :

"dfosterf" wrote:
    Just a friendly reminder, just as I have been reminded by some of you... Do not count your probable poultry production until precipitory predications have preceded.

;D
    On a side note, if in fact the Vikes cook our goose on MNF, I will be here for any and all that wish to revel in it, not that I would expect anyone wanting to do THAT! :
    See there ya go again......

PUKER fans like you and Packz93 take all the fun out of it.

;D

I strangley suspect it is gonna be a fun week leading up to that game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    ;D

;D

Yes.. we probably will have to start gearing up a little for the MNF game eh.. I see we have been joined by another fine Packer fan here huh.

As far as the egg we laid out west, lots of kinks to work out between now and the Vikes game, but please note that Wells (C) was still smarting from a midsection injury and is back sitting out of practices and Spitz (LG) was getting his first game action in on the left side.. that doesn't excuse the piss poor blocking techniques.. but I sure in the hell expect alot more intensity out of that group this weekend.. don't be surprised if they play most of the game to get things down.

All in all.. I think if we can fix the interior line issues.. Rodgers will be fine.. not in the same company as Favre at this point but will do enough for us to be very competitive.

All I can say.. is I can't wait til the Vikes game.. to see what we really have post Favre.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Oh... so now the Pack's offensive line is to blame for Rodgers ineptitude, where as back in Jan 2008 some considered the Packs O-line the best in the NFC.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story;jse...o&confirm=true

1. Green Bay Packers (104.5 points) The Packers ranked a mediocre 18th among offensive lines in 2006 based on our parameters, so their improvement this past season should be evident. Green Bay led all NFC lines and finished second to New England overall, and that was an important part of the success of both Brett Favre and Ryan Grant. Favre had some tremendous protection as he was sacked just once for every 30.4 pass attempts, and quarterbacks averaged a solid 7.4 yards per pass attempt behind the Packers stout linemen.
    Hmmmm....
    Was it the O-line that made Favre look great?
    or was it Favre that made the O-line look great?

IMO Favre made the entire GB offense, including WR's look great.
    I might go as far to say Favre made the GB D look good too, as Favre gave the D rest with TOP and gave them good field position.
    Plus, only 5 games did GB go into the second half down in points.
    Lot less pressure on D when the O can score.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:

;D

;D

Yes.. we probably will have to start gearing up a little for the MNF game eh.. I see we have been joined by another fine Packer fan here huh.

As far as the egg we laid out west, lots of kinks to work out between now and the Vikes game, but please note that Wells (C) was still smarting from a midsection injury and is back sitting out of practices and Spitz (LG) was getting his first game action in on the left side.. that doesn't excuse the piss poor blocking techniques.. but I sure in the hell expect alot more intensity out of that group this weekend.. don't be surprised if they play most of the game to get things down.

All in all.. I think if we can fix the interior line issues.. Rodgers will be fine.. not in the same company as Favre at this point but will do enough for us to be very competitive.

All I can say.. is I can't wait til the Vikes game.. to see what we really have post Favre.
    Good to see you back online and posting.

If we don't start avoiding the damn injury bug it won't be much of a contest my friend, but if we are relatively healthy it should be a good gauge.
    ;D

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    That is fantastic.
    I've always said/thought that the packers line was overrated, and the only reason they looked so good is because of Favre and his extremely quick release.
    I have a feeling that Rogers will learn what its like being a starting qb the hard way this year.
    And I remember saying they wouldn't look as good without Lord Favree, but would be good enough to give Rodgers enough time.

Wow, seems I missed the mark on that.
    Seriously, did anyone else see the time they gave the kid against the 49rs.
    Sometimes less than 2 seconds.
    WOW. ;D
    I'm sure Jared Allen was licking his chops watching that. Rodgers needs to be afraid, very afraid.

dfosterf is offline Coach

;D ;D Watch this one, 93z ;D ;D

gagarr-- I wish we had Booty.

"dfosterf" wrote:
    ;D ;D Watch this one, 93z ;D ;D

gagarr-- I wish we had Booty.

Aha, you are a pot stirrerererererrrrrrr.
    ;D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast