Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

GB v 49ers pre season comments on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_i...2008&week=PRE2

Gotta love reading this

Packers' offensive line needs a lot of work: Green Bay is still trying to find a cohesive starting unit, and it showed against San Francisco. The line did not give QB Aaron Rodgers much time to throw, and gave up four first-half sacks of the new starting QB.

Rodgers on the run: Aaron Rodgers was inconsistent throughout the game, and running away from the rush didn't help him at all. Even when he wasn't trying to avoid defenders, or getting sacked, Rodgers couldn't find a rhythm, going 9-of-16 for just 58 yards in the first half.
    Jared Allen will love it if the Packs OL plays like this opening night
    ;D
    It could get ugly for Rodgers
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: GB v 49ers pre season comments on NFL.com

It was a great game to watch, i cannot wait to put our D (a lot better then the 49ers defense) against that wannabe O-line. Can i say Allen will have about 4 sacks, along with Edwards 3 and the williams combine for 6? haha j/k that would be awesome. As long as we destroy them i will be happy.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"AngloVike" wrote:

Gotta love reading this

Packers' offensive line needs a lot of work: Green Bay is still trying to find a cohesive starting unit, and it showed against San Francisco. The line did not give QB Aaron Rodgers much time to throw, and gave up four first-half sacks of the new starting QB.

Rodgers on the run: Aaron Rodgers was inconsistent throughout the game, and running away from the rush didn't help him at all. Even when he wasn't trying to avoid defenders, or getting sacked, Rodgers couldn't find a rhythm, going 9-of-16 for just 58 yards in the first half.
    ;D
    And with the way Favre played for NY, it could also get ugly for McCarthy, Thompson & Murphey.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:

Gotta love reading this

;D

And with the way Favre played for NY, it could also get ugly for McCarthy, Thompson & Murphey.
    It Sends shivvers down my spine
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I love how screwed the pack is... I hope favre does well enough to piss off all the packer fans, but not to well because I don't want the pack to get a good draft pick.

dfosterf is offline Coach

Could I please borrow a decent OG?
    ... just until my hunch-back brother straightens out.
    :'(

I live in the middle of 49er land.....I hate them.....but this was one of the few times that I wanted them to dominate....and they did.....

I hope we bring the entire house after AR on the first couple of possessions and make him $hit himself on Monday night football!

I “get” the criticism that Tarvaris gets from the national media….they don’t follow the team closely and their entire assessments are based off of past performances…..
    it just pisses me off that AR gets a free pass……WTF has he ever done in his NFL career?

2008 Preseason

Player Att Comp Yds Comp %

TD INT Sack Rating
    A Rodgers 31 18 175 58.1 1 1 6 71.3
    T Jackson 22 15 200 68.2 2 0 0 127.1

(Sorry, I couldnt get the columns to line up correctly)
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    I live in the middle of 49er land.....I hate them.....but this was one of the few times that I wanted them to dominate....and they did.....

I hope we bring the entire house after AR on the first couple of possessions and make him $hit himself on Monday night football!

I “get” the criticism that Tarvaris gets from the national media….they don’t follow the team closely and their entire assessments are based off of past performances…..
    it just pisses me off that AR gets a free pass……WTF has he ever done in his NFL career?

2008 Preseason

Player Att Comp Yds Comp %

TD INT Sack Rating
    A Rodgers 31 18 175 58.1 1 1 6 71.3
    T Jackson 22 15 200 68.2 2 0 0 127.1

(Sorry, I couldnt get the columns to line up correctly)
    Those are great stats. I guess I never looked at them before carefully. And you are right, Rogers is getting a lot of love from the national media while TJ gets little or none. Although the think the media is starting to get more excited about TJ.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"AngloVike" wrote:

Gotta love reading this

;D

That is fantastic.
    I've always said/thought that the packers line was overrated, and the only reason they looked so good is because of Favre and his extremely quick release.
    I have a feeling that Rogers will learn what its like being a starting qb the hard way this year.

dfosterf is offline Coach

Most of us (Packer fans) have not been happy with our offensive line and would call it over-rated.
    We do attribute most of whatever success was achieved last year to Brett Favre.
    We are scared right now, especially after that fiasco in SF.
    But, just like you would be, we are hopeful and (mostly) faithful.
    I hope your QB is ok, I haven't had time to delve into it here or elsewhere, I heard he was going to start vs. us but miss the remaining 2 pre-season games.
    I'd be lying if I said that aspect of things upsets me, as I'm sure the more snaps TJ gets, the worse it is for me.
    Hopefully this will be the acme of your devilish delight in our misfortune... can't say I blame ya', though.
    ;D

Aaron is pretty good.
    The cognoscenti in Green Bay has known that for over a year now.
    Just like what many of you have complained about, the national media has ignored this... just like TJ.
    The difference is Favre leaving, the whole circus in town, and most of them saw what we already knew... he does have a hell of an arm.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"dfosterf" wrote:
    Most of us (Packer fans) have not been happy with our offensive line and would call it over-rated.
    We do attribute most of whatever success was achieved last year to Brett Favre.
    We are scared right now, especially after that fiasco in SF.
    But, just like you would be, we are hopeful and (mostly) faithful.
    I hope your QB is ok, I haven't had time to delve into it here or elsewhere, I heard he was going to start vs. us but miss the remaining 2 pre-season games.
    I'd be lying if I said that aspect of things upsets me, as I'm sure the more snaps TJ gets, the worse it is for me.
    Hopefully this will be the acme of your devilish delight in our misfortune... can't say I blame ya', though.
    ;D

Aaron is pretty good.
    The cognoscenti in Green Bay has known that for over a year now.
    Just like what many of you have complained about, the national media has ignored this... just like TJ.
    The difference is Favre leaving, the whole circus in town, and most of them saw what we already knew... he does have a hell of an arm.

The agony and pain has yet to begin. Ted Thompson has got to be out of his mind to think Rodgers can produce anything near what Favre can.
    The sad thing for you guys is, McCarthy will go down with the ship.

Thompson has taken Green Bay down the tubes on a decision based on his ego and pride.
    Why would he want to have a power struggle with Brett Favre?

So as a Vikings fan I say thank God for fools.
    And thank Ted for virtually handing us the NFCN championship.

Rodgers is accurate and has potential, but he holds the ball too long and gets rattled under pressure. He lacks experience.

I see 7-9 at best.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast