Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Funny Favre Video

"Garland" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Garland Greene posted this earlier today.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=40096.0
    I never saw it. He should have used a more fitting thread title.
    Yeah I guess I should of my bad :-[
    Don't feel bad. I thought it were fitting where you put it.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Trivia pursuit:

Favre currently has 281 career interceptions. Of those how many were picked-off by the Vikings?
    48?
    Is that just another one of your random numbers?
    :P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Trivia pursuit:

Favre currently has 281 career interceptions. Of those how many were picked-off by the Vikings?
    48?
    Is that just another one of your random numbers?
    :P
    I just figured you needed someone to guess before you gave us the answer.

rttsbgtgb is offline Rookie

"singersp" wrote:
    Trivia pursuit:

33 regular season, 4 post season.

What do I win?

None of it even matters. The tribute to his interception record - doesn't matter. I'd rather have a QB like him who never quits and continues to try to make plays than a QB who's scared to go out there and risk it all for big rewards.

I ALWAYS want my team to go out and play free, play like there's nothing to lose. I hate this conservative, play to not lose crap. It always does the opposite - makes you lose.

Besides, I don't need to remind you guys who he broke the touchdown record against....right?
    "We want the ball, and we're gonna score." - Matt Hasselbeck

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"rttsbgtgb" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Trivia pursuit:

What do I win?

None of it even matters. The tribute to his interception record - doesn't matter. I'd rather have a QB like him who never quits and continues to try to make plays than a QB who's scared to go out there and risk it all for big rewards.

I ALWAYS want my team to go out and play free, play like there's nothing to lose. I hate this conservative, play to not lose crap. It always does the opposite - makes you lose.

Besides, I don't need to remind you guys who he broke the touchdown record against....right?
    I think you forgot the whole fact that he has a superbowl ring.
    Which is more than all the Vikings teams put together.
    Really I'm no big Green Bay fan but I always find it funny when all my fellow Viking fans try to pile on him like he's a horrible QB.
    Lay off the man, just realize he's a good QB and is in the upper level of QB's who have played the game.

"rttsbgtgb" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Trivia pursuit:

What do I win?

I guess you didn't celebrate either when they apparently had to stop the game as he took the TD record.

And of course you want a QB like that, you have been brought up with one on your favorite football team.

rttsbgtgb is offline Rookie

"cogitans" wrote:
    I guess you didn't celebrate either when they apparently had to stop the game as he took the TD record.
    What do you mean by "stop the game"? They stopped the game?

All I saw was a tribute video from Marino being played and Vikings fans cheering. The camera wasn't on the game, but the extra point proceeded. It wasn't some long break in the action.

How often do you see the all time TD record broken? It's not just one of those things that happens, so it's something to be celebrated when it happens.

Besides - your team didn't have to play the Marino video and your fans didn't have to cheer. So take it up with them if there's an issue.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is. If I was a Vikings fan, I would have cheered him on. At the very least, he's not arrogant or selfish. It's not like Bonds breaking the homerun record. Favre has battled all this time, fought off the retirement talk, played through years he's supposed to be washed up, and is still setting records and has his team at 10-2. I'd think it's easier to set aside rivalries for something like the all time TD record.

If Adrian Peterson ever approaches the yards or TD record for a RB, I'll certainly put aside my rivalry with the Vikings to cheer him on. Of course, a lot could happen in between now and that time to make me hate him, but currently, he doesn't seem like the kind of player that you despise due to arrogance or selfishness. He just goes out and does what he's paid to do. Anyone can admire that.

Same with Favre.
    "We want the ball, and we're gonna score." - Matt Hasselbeck

"rttsbgtgb" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    What do you mean by "stop the game"? They stopped the game?

All I saw was a tribute video from Marino being played and Vikings fans cheering. The camera wasn't on the game, but the extra point proceeded. It wasn't some long break in the action.

How often do you see the all time TD record broken? It's not just one of those things that happens, so it's something to be celebrated when it happens.

Besides - your team didn't have to play the Marino video and your fans didn't have to cheer. So take it up with them if there's an issue.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is. If I was a Vikings fan, I would have cheered him on. At the very least, he's not arrogant or selfish. It's not like Bonds breaking the homerun record. Favre has battled all this time, fought off the retirement talk, played through years he's supposed to be washed up, and is still setting records and has his team at 10-2. I'd think it's easier to set aside rivalries for something like the all time TD record.

If Adrian Peterson ever approaches the yards or TD record for a RB, I'll certainly put aside my rivalry with the Vikings to cheer him on. Of course, a lot could happen in between now and that time to make me hate him, but currently, he doesn't seem like the kind of player that you despise due to arrogance or selfishness. He just goes out and does what he's paid to do. Anyone can admire that.

Same with Favre.
    That's right, the Marino tribute were on the jumbothron and during that the game were stopped, as it took longer than there would normally pass after a TD. I'm not taking anything away from Favre, and I congratulate him on the record. It's just if you don't want to recognize one landmark you shouldn't want the other one either.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"rttsbgtgb" wrote:

I'd rather have a QB like him who never quits and continues to try to make plays than a QB who's scared to go out there and risk it all for big rewards.
    sounds like someone advertising for a commentators job. Keep practicing the man-love and the job will be yours soon.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12