Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 104

Thread: Favresexual

  1. #71
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Favresexual

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    He is on pace to have ridiculous numbers. Can you say MVP?
    Peyton Manning.
    Why?

    71.1%, 15 TDs, 4 INTs, 2227 yards, and 109.3 Rating

    8-0

    What powerhouse has Indy played? We took it to the Steelers and should have won. The next 4 games for Indy will be telling.

    This cat will go with the 40 year old tearing it up.
    Why?
    Zeus has to be that way.

    Favre is clearly a MVP over Manning.

    I said it.
    I feel dirty but I said it.
    Why?
    Because of how he is playing this year.
    Inferior running attack (30th in the league), but the team is still undefeated.
    Two rookie WRs (since Gonzalez is out) but still averaging more than 300 yards/game.

    His stats are just *that* much better than Favre, Brees or Brady.

    Just my current opinion.

    =Z=
    Is it possible to have an opinion that is emersed in fact?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #72
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Favresexual

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    He is on pace to have ridiculous numbers. Can you say MVP?
    Peyton Manning.
    Why?

    71.1%, 15 TDs, 4 INTs, 2227 yards, and 109.3 Rating

    8-0

    What powerhouse has Indy played? We took it to the Steelers and should have won. The next 4 games for Indy will be telling.

    This cat will go with the 40 year old tearing it up.
    Why?
    Zeus has to be that way.

    Favre is clearly a MVP over Manning.
    I said it.
    I feel dirty but I said it.
    Why?
    Because of how he is playing this year.
    Inferior running attack (30th in the league), but the team is still undefeated.
    Two rookie WRs (since Gonzalez is out) but still averaging more than 300 yards/game.

    His stats are just *that* much better than Favre, Brees or Brady.

    Just my current opinion.

    =Z=
    I respect your opinion but how are his stats THAT much better than Favres?

    71.1%, 15 TDs, 4 INTs, 2227 yards, and 109.3 Rating
    68%, 16 TDs, 3 INTs, 1925 yards, and 106 Rating

    Vikings avg per carry: 4.1
    Colts avg per carry: 3.7

  3. #73
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Favresexual

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50157.msg1012489#msg1012489 date=1257174171]
    He is on pace to have ridiculous numbers. Can you say MVP?
    Peyton Manning.
    Why?

    71.1%, 15 TDs, 4 INTs, 2227 yards, and 109.3 Rating

    8-0

    What powerhouse has Indy played? We took it to the Steelers and should have won. The next 4 games for Indy will be telling.

    This cat will go with the 40 year old tearing it up.
    Why?
    Zeus has to be that way.

    Favre is clearly a MVP over Manning.

    I said it.
    I feel dirty but I said it.
    Why?
    Because of how he is playing this year.
    Inferior running attack (30th in the league), but the team is still undefeated.
    Two rookie WRs (since Gonzalez is out) but still averaging more than 300 yards/game.

    His stats are just *that* much better than Favre, Brees or Brady.

    Just my current opinion.
    I respect your opinion but how are his stats THAT much better than Favres?

    71.1%, 15 TDs, 4 INTs, 2227 yards, and 109.3 Rating
    68%, 16 TDs, 3 INTs, 1925 yards, and 106 Rating
    [/quote]

    The "*that*" bit was to indicate just a skosh better.
    To me, the biggest reason for Manning (at this point) is that he's doing it, basically, at a higher level than he ever has before with a worse team around him than other years.

    AD > any Colts RB
    Sid Rice, Berrian, Harvin > Wayne, Collie, Garcon
    Shankdog = Dallas Clark

    And since I've totally drunk the Cold Hard Football Facts kool-aid, I'm a big believer in their Yards/Attempt quality stat.
    And Indy (thus Manning) is blowing away the rest of the league:
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...ssing_YPA.html

    2009 Passing Yards Per Attempt (through Week 7)

    Team Att. Yards Sacks Yds Lost YPA
    1 Indianapolis 215 1,880 2 15 8.59
    2 New Orleans 197 1,698 10 70 7.86
    3 Dallas 194 1,652 11 56 7.79
    4 Houston 249 2,074 12 75 7.66
    5 Pittsburgh 234 2,068 19 135 7.64
    6 N.Y. Giants 227 1,805 8 59 7.43
    7 San Diego 213 1,787 15 99 7.4
    8 Green Bay 186 1,714 25 164 7.35
    9 New England 284 2,084 8 47 6.98
    10 Denver 194 1,465 9 49 6.98
    11 Baltimore 228 1,678 10 68 6.76
    12 Atlanta 191 1,360 6 40 6.7
    13 Minnesota 235 1,763 18 127 6.47
    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #74
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,991

    Re: Favresexual

    This race will go all the way to the end of the season. Right now I'd say it's Manning's to lose but if Favre keeps playing the way he is its gonna be a close race. Brees is obviously a contender.

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  5. #75
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Favresexual

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=50157.msg1012497#msg1012497 date=1257174522]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50157.msg1012489#msg1012489 date=1257174171]
    He is on pace to have ridiculous numbers. Can you say MVP?
    Peyton Manning.
    Why?

    71.1%, 15 TDs, 4 INTs, 2227 yards, and 109.3 Rating

    8-0

    What powerhouse has Indy played? We took it to the Steelers and should have won. The next 4 games for Indy will be telling.

    This cat will go with the 40 year old tearing it up.
    Why?
    Zeus has to be that way.

    Favre is clearly a MVP over Manning.

    I said it.
    I feel dirty but I said it.
    Why?
    Because of how he is playing this year.
    Inferior running attack (30th in the league), but the team is still undefeated.
    Two rookie WRs (since Gonzalez is out) but still averaging more than 300 yards/game.

    His stats are just *that* much better than Favre, Brees or Brady.

    Just my current opinion.
    I respect your opinion but how are his stats THAT much better than Favres?

    71.1%, 15 TDs, 4 INTs, 2227 yards, and 109.3 Rating
    68%, 16 TDs, 3 INTs, 1925 yards, and 106 Rating
    [/quote]

    The "*that*" bit was to indicate just a skosh better.
    To me, the biggest reason for Manning (at this point) is that he's doing it, basically, at a higher level than he ever has before with a worse team around him than other years.

    AD > any Colts RB
    Sid Rice, Berrian, Harvin > Wayne, Collie, Garcon
    Shankdog = Dallas Clark

    And since I've totally drunk the Cold Hard Football Facts kool-aid, I'm a big believer in their Yards/Attempt quality stat.
    And Indy (thus Manning) is blowing away the rest of the league:
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...ssing_YPA.html

    2009 Passing Yards Per Attempt (through Week 7)

    Team Att. Yards Sacks Yds Lost YPA
    1 Indianapolis 215 1,880 2 15 8.59
    2 New Orleans 197 1,698 10 70 7.86
    3 Dallas 194 1,652 11 56 7.79
    4 Houston 249 2,074 12 75 7.66
    5 Pittsburgh 234 2,068 19 135 7.64
    6 N.Y. Giants 227 1,805 8 59 7.43
    7 San Diego 213 1,787 15 99 7.4
    8 Green Bay 186 1,714 25 164 7.35
    9 New England 284 2,084 8 47 6.98
    10 Denver 194 1,465 9 49 6.98
    11 Baltimore 228 1,678 10 68 6.76
    12 Atlanta 191 1,360 6 40 6.7
    13 Minnesota 235 1,763 18 127 6.47
    =Z=
    [/quote]

    Vikes Rushing attack:
    4.1 Avg per carry
    229 attempts
    28.6 attempts per game
    118.8 yards per game

    Colts Rushing attack:
    3.7 Avg per carry
    165 attempts
    23.6 attempts per game
    87.3 yards per game

    I am not seeing that much of an inferior rushing attack.

  6. #76
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Favresexual

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50157.msg1012504#msg1012504 date=1257175114]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=50157.msg1012497#msg1012497 date=1257174522]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50157.msg1012489#msg1012489 date=1257174171]
    He is on pace to have ridiculous numbers. Can you say MVP?
    Peyton Manning.
    Why?

    71.1%, 15 TDs, 4 INTs, 2227 yards, and 109.3 Rating

    8-0

    What powerhouse has Indy played? We took it to the Steelers and should have won. The next 4 games for Indy will be telling.

    This cat will go with the 40 year old tearing it up.
    Why?
    Zeus has to be that way.

    Favre is clearly a MVP over Manning.

    I said it.
    I feel dirty but I said it.
    Why?
    Because of how he is playing this year.
    Inferior running attack (30th in the league), but the team is still undefeated.
    Two rookie WRs (since Gonzalez is out) but still averaging more than 300 yards/game.

    His stats are just *that* much better than Favre, Brees or Brady.

    Just my current opinion.
    I respect your opinion but how are his stats THAT much better than Favres?

    71.1%, 15 TDs, 4 INTs, 2227 yards, and 109.3 Rating
    68%, 16 TDs, 3 INTs, 1925 yards, and 106 Rating
    [/quote]

    The "*that*" bit was to indicate just a skosh better.
    To me, the biggest reason for Manning (at this point) is that he's doing it, basically, at a higher level than he ever has before with a worse team around him than other years.

    AD > any Colts RB
    Sid Rice, Berrian, Harvin > Wayne, Collie, Garcon
    Shankdog = Dallas Clark

    And since I've totally drunk the Cold Hard Football Facts kool-aid, I'm a big believer in their Yards/Attempt quality stat.
    And Indy (thus Manning) is blowing away the rest of the league:
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...ssing_YPA.html

    2009 Passing Yards Per Attempt (through Week 7)

    Team Att. Yards Sacks Yds Lost YPA
    1 Indianapolis 215 1,880 2 15 8.59
    2 New Orleans 197 1,698 10 70 7.86
    3 Dallas 194 1,652 11 56 7.79
    4 Houston 249 2,074 12 75 7.66
    5 Pittsburgh 234 2,068 19 135 7.64
    6 N.Y. Giants 227 1,805 8 59 7.43
    7 San Diego 213 1,787 15 99 7.4
    8 Green Bay 186 1,714 25 164 7.35
    9 New England 284 2,084 8 47 6.98
    10 Denver 194 1,465 9 49 6.98
    11 Baltimore 228 1,678 10 68 6.76
    12 Atlanta 191 1,360 6 40 6.7
    13 Minnesota 235 1,763 18 127 6.47
    =Z=
    [/quote]

    Vikes Rushing attack:
    4.1 Avg per carry
    229 attempts
    28.6 attempts per game
    118.8 yards per game

    Colts Rushing attack:
    3.7 Avg per carry
    165 attempts
    23.6 attempts per game
    87.3 yards per game

    I am not seeing that much of an inferior rushing attack.
    [/quote]

    Because you're not looking.
    Lower average/carry, lower yards/game.
    31 yards lower is a HUGE number.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #77
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Favresexual

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Webby link=topic=50157.msg1012510#msg1012510 date=1257176539]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50157.msg1012504#msg1012504 date=1257175114]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=50157.msg1012497#msg1012497 date=1257174522]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50157.msg1012489#msg1012489 date=1257174171]
    He is on pace to have ridiculous numbers. Can you say MVP?
    Peyton Manning.
    Why?

    71.1%, 15 TDs, 4 INTs, 2227 yards, and 109.3 Rating

    8-0

    What powerhouse has Indy played? We took it to the Steelers and should have won. The next 4 games for Indy will be telling.

    This cat will go with the 40 year old tearing it up.
    Why?
    Zeus has to be that way.

    Favre is clearly a MVP over Manning.

    I said it.
    I feel dirty but I said it.
    Why?
    Because of how he is playing this year.
    Inferior running attack (30th in the league), but the team is still undefeated.
    Two rookie WRs (since Gonzalez is out) but still averaging more than 300 yards/game.

    His stats are just *that* much better than Favre, Brees or Brady.

    Just my current opinion.
    I respect your opinion but how are his stats THAT much better than Favres?

    71.1%, 15 TDs, 4 INTs, 2227 yards, and 109.3 Rating
    68%, 16 TDs, 3 INTs, 1925 yards, and 106 Rating
    [/quote]

    The "*that*" bit was to indicate just a skosh better.
    To me, the biggest reason for Manning (at this point) is that he's doing it, basically, at a higher level than he ever has before with a worse team around him than other years.

    AD > any Colts RB
    Sid Rice, Berrian, Harvin > Wayne, Collie, Garcon
    Shankdog = Dallas Clark

    And since I've totally drunk the Cold Hard Football Facts kool-aid, I'm a big believer in their Yards/Attempt quality stat.
    And Indy (thus Manning) is blowing away the rest of the league:
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...ssing_YPA.html

    2009 Passing Yards Per Attempt (through Week 7)

    Team Att. Yards Sacks Yds Lost YPA
    1 Indianapolis 215 1,880 2 15 8.59
    2 New Orleans 197 1,698 10 70 7.86
    3 Dallas 194 1,652 11 56 7.79
    4 Houston 249 2,074 12 75 7.66
    5 Pittsburgh 234 2,068 19 135 7.64
    6 N.Y. Giants 227 1,805 8 59 7.43
    7 San Diego 213 1,787 15 99 7.4
    8 Green Bay 186 1,714 25 164 7.35
    9 New England 284 2,084 8 47 6.98
    10 Denver 194 1,465 9 49 6.98
    11 Baltimore 228 1,678 10 68 6.76
    12 Atlanta 191 1,360 6 40 6.7
    13 Minnesota 235 1,763 18 127 6.47
    =Z=
    [/quote]

    Vikes Rushing attack:
    4.1 Avg per carry
    229 attempts
    28.6 attempts per game
    118.8 yards per game

    Colts Rushing attack:
    3.7 Avg per carry
    165 attempts
    23.6 attempts per game
    87.3 yards per game

    I am not seeing that much of an inferior rushing attack.
    [/quote]

    Because you're not looking.
    Lower average/carry, lower yards/game.
    31 yards lower is a HUGE number.

    =Z=
    [/quote]

    No you are not looking. We run more. 5 more attempts per game. That could easily be 31 yards with a 3.7 average.

    .4 yards per carry is nothing. That is the real number here.

  8. #78
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Favresexual

    Shankdog = Dallas Clark?


    IDK about that one.
    Clark is essentially another WR and while Shank has been reliable since last year, Dallas has been doing this for years and is much more capable of taking one the distance.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  9. #79
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Favresexual

    Added tight end Visanthe Shiancoe(notes), who caught Favre’s first touchdown pass with 10:42 left in the second quarter: “He brings structure, a sense of accomplishment, a sense of winning. When they got back in the game and things tightened up, he kept his composure and was collected – you need that from your offensive leader, ‘cause it’s contagious. He’s not panicking, so the young guys aren’t.”
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

  10. #80
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Favresexual

    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    Shankdog = Dallas Clark?


    IDK about that one.
    Clark is essentially another WR and while Shank has been reliable since last year, Dallas has been doing this for years and is much more capable of taking one the distance.
    Dallas Clark in 2009:
    46 catches for 584 yards (12.7/catch) and 3 TDs.
    Visanthe Shiancoe in 2009:
    22 catches for 203 yards (9.2/catch) and 6 TDs.

    Shank isn't asked to run the seam routes - the Vikings have slot receivers for that.
    However, he has become a touchdown producer which is why I believe him to be an equal of Clark's.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •