Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Favre's Family Thread & issues

"hovan" wrote:
    Since when has this site become so politically correct that one can't have a little fun. Lemme guess we can't warp packers anymore because that is making fun of people with facial defects. I have never attacked Favre's family making light of the deaths or cancer that has plagued him. But I do find it amuseing that a TV crew has to post Favre's MOM on there and make a big stink about it showing Favre's MOM when there are more important issues at hand like how to donate to the redcross. It wasn't like she was being pulled from a rooftop.
    [size=18px]
    Canadian, I was never making fun of Hurricane victums for being victums of a hurricane, just that his Mom is more hick than i thought.[/size]
    Where did I come into all of this??????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thanks PPE for the sig.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Favre's Family

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Careful buddy don't be "Outta Control." :grin:

Rough day today, I suggest everyone go home get some nookie, relax a bit. I think you should all come hunting with me nothing says stress relief like the wet thud of a 160 grain bullet blowing out Bambi's lung.
    Good idea...I am calling the woman right now to tell her to light up them candles and to put some Barry White tunes on the ol' hi-fi! Big Daddy is on his way home, so warm up the massage oils and pull out the feather tickler. As Jack Black would say, "We are talkin' Sex Supreme!" :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Only YOU would say something like that. :laughing3:

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Not you, canadian_vikes_fan, he actually meant CanadaViking, who came after him in the (now locked) "Favre's Mom LMAO" thread.

Hovan, I read your first post in that thread, and realized that you weren't going all out on her, and that you just didn't expect a football star's mom to be that "rurally-oriented". However, when you call the thread what you did, especially including the LMAO, you have to expect that many people will have formed an opinion about how insensitive you are being before even clicking on the thread. I knew it would get ugly as soon as I saw that title. I don't think it's a case of this site getting politically correct, just that when a disaster happens like this, there is a tendency for people to overreact if they don't think someone is treating the situation with the proper respect.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"josdin00" wrote:
    Not you, canadian_vikes_fan, he actually meant CanadaViking, who came after him in the (now locked) "Favre's Mom LMAO" thread.

Hovan, I read your first post in that thread, and realized that you weren't going all out on her, and that you just didn't expect a football star's mom to be that "rurally-oriented". However, when you call the thread what you did, especially including the LMAO, you have to expect that many people will have formed an opinion about how insensitive you are being before even clicking on the thread. I knew it would get ugly as soon as I saw that title. I don't think it's a case of this site getting politically correct, just that when a disaster happens like this, there is a tendency for people to overreact if they don't think someone is treating the situation with the proper respect.
    O ok thanks for the clear-up Josdin. I wasn't online all day so I didn't see anything about this big debate. lol. Then I logged on now, and I thought people were mad at me! :lol:

Thanks PPE for the sig.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Caine, you stated exactly how I feel. I only wish I was as articulate as yourself to be able to convey my feelings on the situation. I think the new job, way too many fantasy football teams, Dog broke his leg, best friends wife left him, has all been effecting my brain. I should have titled and directed my post more towards the media as that is what I was alluding to. This Bonita event will and has become the major focus of the Media. This morning on the way to work all the morning radio show was going on about how "Brett Favre has to face another adversity, his boy hood home is now destroyed!" There are obviously more important stories to cover.

Josdin, thanks for clearing it up with Canadian, yes it was the other Canadian Vike fan. Your right I probably hurt some feelings with the title and others just hate me because I thought Chris Hovan wasn't a "Sack of s**t" just a man trying to play a childs game and believing Daunte Culpepper shouldn't be benched for Todd Bouman or Gus.

Webby, thanks for locking the thread and as always you are right, it needed to be locked, I probably would have written something I shouldn't have concerning the sexual orientation of said PPO troll.....errr member.

And lastly, Del, let me know when I can come up. As soon as my Pup is done healing I am going to start training hime on Bobcats and Lions.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

SKOL_Master is offline Rookie

Perhaps we can find some pertinent information from today's story in JSOnline: http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/aug05/352405.asp

Some highlights:

Favre's boyhood home isn't the only building on the property Bonita affectionately calls "the Ponderosa." Meemaw lives in a double-wide trailer about 100 yards from the main house and Kay Kay lives in another house on the property.

Yes, Farve's grandmother, "Meemaw", lives in a double wide trailer.

further:

The Favre house was built on a hill about 25 feet above the Rotten Bayou
    c36083684f6cb51c68ec9ce28f2be935

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"hovan" wrote:
    Since when has this site become so politically correct that one can't have a little fun. Lemme guess we can't warp packers anymore because that is making fun of people with facial defects. I have never attacked Favre's family making light of the deaths or cancer that has plagued him. But I do find it amuseing that a TV crew has to post Favre's MOM on there and make a big stink about it showing Favre's MOM when there are more important issues at hand like how to donate to the redcross. It wasn't like she was being pulled from a rooftop.

Canadian, I was never making fun of Hurricane victums for being victums of a hurricane, just that his Mom is more hick than i thought.

I have to agree with you hovan. Sure I feel bad for him and his family as well as the other victims of the hurricane, but I don't care to see Bonita "ultra hick" Favre on SPORTSCENTER five times in two days and I don't want to hear her d@mn voice on the radio three times in two days. I'm am so sick of the Favre family publicity. I'm not trying to be insensitive, but I just don't want to hear it. I wouldn't want to hear it for anybody, including any vikings. It just gets old! Rant over.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Meh.

I think the Jessica Lynch analogy was pretty good. The media wants to put a face on a story.

This may be a little harsh, but most of the people who stayed behind were poor people, and there isn't a lot of name recognition there in the national media. I think the Bonita Favre thing was basically just getting a picture of someone that people would know, and the fact that she was actually talking to Brett made it "newsworthy".

I won't debate the whole overpublicization stuff. Not an issue to me. There's a whole lot more on the tube that is making me run a full gamut of emotions, from sadness, to shock, to anger, to occasional relief at the rare positive story. A lot of anger lately.

I don't think its a matter of political correctness, just a matter of emotions becoming more and more charged as we hear about rapes of tourists in Canal Street. People are just going to be at different levels when this topic comes up.

Just my two cents.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12