Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Favre's Family Thread & issues

Since when has this site become so politically correct that one can't have a little fun. Lemme guess we can't warp packers anymore because that is making fun of people with facial defects. I have never attacked Favre's family making light of the deaths or cancer that has plagued him. But I do find it amuseing that a TV crew has to post Favre's MOM on there and make a big stink about it showing Favre's MOM when there are more important issues at hand like how to donate to the redcross. It wasn't like she was being pulled from a rooftop.

Canadian, I was never making fun of Hurricane victums for being victums of a hurricane, just that his Mom is more hick than i thought.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Del Rio Guest

Re: Favre's Family

Careful buddy don't be "Outta Control." :grin:

Rough day today, I suggest everyone go home get some nookie, relax a bit. I think you should all come hunting with me nothing says stress relief like the wet thud of a 160 grain bullet blowing out Bambi's lung.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Sounds like fun, I always wanted the head of a deer placed on my wall.. staring right back at me.. giving me that "you cold SOB, my family is gonna get you for this" look.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"hovan" wrote:
    Since when has this site become so politically correct that one can't have a little fun. Lemme guess we can't warp packers anymore because that is making fun of people with facial defects. I have never attacked Favre's family making light of the deaths or cancer that has plagued him. But I do find it amuseing that a TV crew has to post Favre's MOM on there and make a big stink about it showing Favre's MOM when there are more important issues at hand like how to donate to the redcross. It wasn't like she was being pulled from a rooftop.

Canadian, I was never making fun of Hurricane victums for being victums of a hurricane, just that his Mom is more hick than i thought.
    When people are attacking each other like they were, that is grounds for locking, and personal issues to be dealt with. Standard rules. I think some people need to lighten up today, as I knew what you meant Hovan, but I knew some folks would fly off the handle on it.

Attacking each other will never be okay. Saying generally: Having fun with each other is okay, and if you dish it out, you better be able to take it.

Same thing with the Daunte thread, what is wrong with people today? Cripes.

RE F-in' LAX!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

There will always be someone out there to take offense at something...it's a fact of life. As annoying as it may be to be misinterpreted in a forum, there's really not much you can do about it. It's inevitable.

I read your original post, Hovan. I understood what you were saying. And I didn't get offended. In fact, I'll go one better on the whole affair...

"Why is Brett favre's Mom even on camera?"

If she was Billy Bob's mom and on camera, we'd all be cackling with glee and making trailer park comparrisons all day long. That doesn't mean we're insensitive to the plight of those who got wiped out by Katrina, it simply means that we were once again treated - by the media - to a quote from the single goofiest person they could find. In this case, however, that goofy person has a famous son.

Ever seen a MIT grad on the news claiming to have been an alien abductee? Even seen a Fortune 500 CEO in a trailer park after a tornado? In fact, have you ever seen anyone even remotely photogenic or credible at the scene of ANY tragedy (Excluding military oriented ones)? I haven't.

Why not? Because those people won't generate PITY. That's what the media is selling in these stories...PITY. If you feel BAD for them, you'll donate money and such...plus, you'll watch more of their coverage because it's supposed to be a "compelling human interest story".

So, they put Favre's mom on there...and she (understandably) looked pretty ragged. But, think it through for a minute...her son has more than enough money personally to rebuild not only HER house, but also the homes of the 22 relatives that were stuck in the attic with her. Under those conditions, the amount of pity I feel for them is reduced to absolute zero.

Further, why were they still there? It isn't like they weren't warned. It isn't like Sri Lanka, where the locals didn't know what was comming until it arrived. They just figured (incorrectly) that they'd be just fine where they were. in short, their own foolishness put them at risk.

So, is it ok to laugh at a picture of a ragged looking Bonita Favre on tv in a post hurricane newscast? It is in my book.

The only people I feel bad for are the ones who have lost homes, jobs, and possessions and have no viable means of recovery. THOSE people deserve my sympathy and support.

So, Hovan, I've now taken the ball and am running with it. If I offfended anyone....too bad. Life goes on. Bonita favre is no more a "tragic victim" than Jessica Lynch was a hero.

Caine

6-KINGS Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Careful buddy don't be "Outta Control." :grin:

a 160 grain bullet blowing out Bambi's lung.
    Good GOD man do I need to teach you how to get a heart shot?

jk

Lung it's whats for breakfast.........

Hot spicy lung breakfast burritos!!

Now that is livin'!

Del Rio Guest

Re: Favre's Family Thread & issues

If I blow the heart up what will I drink out of?

Ahhh Seee damn texans

6-KINGS Guest

"Caine" wrote:
    There will always be someone out there to take offense at something...it's a fact of life. As annoying as it may be to be misinterpreted in a forum, there's really not much you can do about it. It's inevitable.

I read your original post, Hovan. I understood what you were saying. And I didn't get offended. In fact, I'll go one better on the whole affair...

"Why is Brett favre's Mom even on camera?"

If she was Billy Bob's mom and on camera, we'd all be cackling with glee and making trailer park comparrisons all day long. That doesn't mean we're insensitive to the plight of those who got wiped out by Katrina, it simply means that we were once again treated - by the media - to a quote from the single goofiest person they could find. In this case, however, that goofy person has a famous son.

Ever seen a MIT grad on the news claiming to have been an alien abductee? Even seen a Fortune 500 CEO in a trailer park after a tornado? In fact, have you ever seen anyone even remotely photogenic or credible at the scene of ANY tragedy (Excluding military oriented ones)? I haven't.

Why not? Because those people won't generate PITY. That's what the media is selling in these stories...PITY. If you feel BAD for them, you'll donate money and such...plus, you'll watch more of their coverage because it's supposed to be a "compelling human interest story".

So, they put Favre's mom on there...and she (understandably) looked pretty ragged. But, think it through for a minute...her son has more than enough money personally to rebuild not only HER house, but also the homes of the 22 relatives that were stuck in the attic with her. Under those conditions, the amount of pity I feel for them is reduced to absolute zero.

Further, why were they still there? It isn't like they weren't warned. It isn't like Sri Lanka, where the locals didn't know what was comming until it arrived. They just figured (incorrectly) that they'd be just fine where they were. in short, their own foolishness put them at risk.

So, is it ok to laugh at a picture of a ragged looking Bonita Favre on tv in a post hurricane newscast? It is in my book.

The only people I feel bad for are the ones who have lost homes, jobs, and possessions and have no viable means of recovery. THOSE people deserve my sympathy and support.

So, Hovan, I've now taken the ball and am running with it. If I offfended anyone....too bad. Life goes on. Bonita favre is no more a "tragic victim" than Jessica Lynch was a hero.

Caine
    And silence falls over the crowd....................
    Not going anywhere...........
    Damn Caine well put!

Let me kinda loosen things up.

These two lezbeeanns were walking down the road..................
    uh................what...............oh........... .....can't tell that one either?

Rats!!

6-KINGS Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:
    If I blow the heart up what will I drink out of?

Ahhh Seee gol 'darnit texans
    Oh man I got nuthin' for that.............................

As 6-KINGS slowly dies in the corner just like Rocky Racoon............

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Back to the more significant topic.. what happened with those two dykes? do tell.. do tell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast