Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Favre trumps Thompson soundly

"C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=54066.msg1014638#msg1014638 date=1257539979]
    [quote author=NordicNed link=topic=54066.msg1014637#msg1014637 date=1257539833]

[size=42pt]When the season started, the only people in the Favre bunker were Brett, Deanna, Bus Cook, Brad Childress, Zygi Wilf and John Madden, NORDICNED and MARSTC09[/size]

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

don't forget me
    And the rest of us said he'd get off to a great start and hit a slump the second half of the season.

Might be a bit early to declare yourself correct, but here's to hoping we were wrong.
    gonna have to be one hell of a slump.
    So, if we lose in the Divisional round of the playoffs, you'll still declare yourself right about Favre?

Granted, you're right, it would have to be one hell of a slump... but I don't see us being one-and-out in the playoffs much of an improvement... actually, it wouldn't be one at all.

I will reserve my judgment till then.
    If he does this at home in the playoffs, sure. I will admit I am wrong.

Tarvaris Jackson Gets Lit Up By Chris Clemons
    [/quote]

You could also show clips of the Pittsburgh game this year. If he does that in the playoffs, you'd be wrong as well.
    [/quote]

You mean the catch that Chester dropped?

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=54066.msg1014638#msg1014638 date=1257539979]

[size=42pt]When the season started, the only people in the Favre bunker were Brett, Deanna, Bus Cook, Brad Childress, Zygi Wilf and John Madden, NORDICNED and MARSTC09[/size]

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

don't forget me
    And the rest of us said he'd get off to a great start and hit a slump the second half of the season.

Might be a bit early to declare yourself correct, but here's to hoping we were wrong.
    So, if we lose in the Divisional round of the playoffs, you'll still declare yourself right about Favre?

Granted, you're right, it would have to be one hell of a slump... but I don't see us being one-and-out in the playoffs much of an improvement... actually, it wouldn't be one at all.

[/quote]

You could also show clips of the Pittsburgh game this year. If he does that in the playoffs, you'd be wrong as well.
    [/quote]

Does what?
    Get hit from the side as a 300 pound Dlineman knocks the ball out of his hand?
    Or hit the receiver in the hands, only to have the receiver fail to bring it in, causing a pop-up fly for an easy INT?
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Formo" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=54066.msg1014639#msg1014639 date=1257540291]

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

don't forget me

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does what?
    Or hit the receiver in the hands, only to have the receiver fail to bring it in, causing a pop-up fly for an easy INT?
    [/quote]

The funny thing is this......

TJ 5.5 games in 2008 - 5 fumbles/3 lost
    FAVRE 8 games in 2009 - 1 fumble/1 lost

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Formo" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

don't forget me

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does what?
    [/quote]

We've all seen Jackson make FAR worse mistakes than Favre has so far.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=54066.msg1014642#msg1014642 date=1257540518]

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

don't forget me

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does what?
    [/quote]

[/quote]I never really have and I won't start now, to compair Favre VS TJ, there is no comparison.
    They both are who they are.
    Fact is, TJ has improved during his time here and I hope he only continues to improve. He has a great opportunity at this time to learn from one of the best to ever play their position. What I'de love to see is for TJ to take the ball from BF, when Favre calls it quits,and lead this team to many more victorys.
    TJ is a Viking, just as much as BF is, and because of that fact, he gets all my support and well wishes, and always will, for as long as he wear the Purple and Gold of our beloved Vikings.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=54066.msg1014644#msg1014644 date=1257541235]
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=54066.msg1014642#msg1014642 date=1257540518]

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

don't forget me

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does what?
    [/quote]

[/quote]I never really have and I won't start now, to compair Favre VS TJ, there is no comparison.
    Fact is, TJ has improved during his time here and I hope he only continues to improve. He has a great opportunity at this time to learn from one of the best to ever play their position. What I'de love to see is for TJ to take the ball from BF, when Favre calls it quits,and lead this team to many more victorys.
    TJ is a Viking, just as much as BF is, and because of that fact, he gets all my support and well wishes, and always will, for as long as he wear the Purple and Gold of our beloved Vikings.
    [/quote]

Best post yet on the subject. Three cheers Ned.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D
    don't forget me

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does what?
    [/quote]

[/quote]

To the last thing Ned said, I agree with Jargo.
    Best part of this conversation.

To the rest of the post I say........
    [size=40pt]Tired Topic[/size]

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

don't forget me

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does what?
    [/quote]

[/quote]

** starts slow clap

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=54066.msg1014671#msg1014671 date=1257544027]

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

don't forget me

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does what?
    [/quote]

[/quote]

** starts slow clap
    [/quote]

Well, I see my point was lost on everyone.

And I also see that it's ok to blame other players for tipped INT's or Dropped passes... as long as it's not defending Jackson.... lol
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=54066.msg1014672#msg1014672 date=1257544077]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=54066.msg1014671#msg1014671 date=1257544027]

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

don't forget me

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does what?
    [/quote]

[/quote]

** starts slow clap
    [/quote]

Well, I see my point was lost on everyone.

And I also see that it's ok to blame other players for tipped INT's or Dropped passes... as long as it's not defending Jackson.... lol
    [/quote]

Generalizing is bad, mmmkay?
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast