Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Favre trumps Thompson soundly

Great article:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1...Thompson-wrong

"So last week the media performed a full rectal examination of Brett Favre's emotions, and no one — that I saw — took a peek into the empty cranium that upon being given control of the Packers franchise in 2005 decided its first order business was to develop the Brett Favre Relocation Plan."

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Favre trumps Thompson soundly

That's right. Halfway through the season Favre is the clear-cut MVP. It ain't even close.
    Yup

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    That's right. Halfway through the season Favre is the clear-cut MVP. It ain't even close.
    Yup
    I hope Sharper gets it so people can have more fun on pp.o.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

The media felt burned by Favre. Fans were sick of the nonstop coverage. Fran Tarkenton made a return to relevancy blasting Favre in radio and TV interviews. Adam Schefter floated a theory/story there was tension in the Vikings locker room over Favre's arrival.

Favre has made [size=12pt]assclowns[/size] of everybody, particularly Ted Thompson.
    LOL

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

The best read I've had in some time....I'll have to look into this guys writings.
    Jason Whitlock, finaly a sports writer, who tells it like it is....Bravo to you Jason !

Some things that really stood out to me..

The 40-year-old Favre, however, is having the greatest season of his 19-year career. His 106 QB rating is seven points higher than his previous best. He's on pace to throw just six interceptions, which would be seven fewer than he's thrown in any season as a starter.

He wanted better support. He wondered why Thompson's first significant act as GM was picking Aaron Rodgers in the first round of the 2005 draft.

Think about that. Five years ago Thompson used a critical draft pick on a player to replace the QB capable of a 106-passer rating in 2009. The Packers had their quarterback of the future — Brett Favre.

The rift between Favre and Thompson became irreparable when Thompson refused to go after Randy Moss, who shares the same agent (Bus Cook) as Favre. We can assume that Favre had inside knowledge that Moss would strongly consider signing with the Packers.

He tired of the Favre offseason drama, tired of catering to Favre's ego. What an idiot. Favre was right. A year after Favre led the Pack to 13-3 and the NFC Championship Game, Green Bay finished 6-10 and out of the playoffs. This year it appears the supporting cast Thompson gave Rodgers is inadequate. The offensive line can't protect Rodgers and the defense looks weak against top competition.

Meanwhile, Favre has Adrian Peterson in the backfield and Jared Allen rushing the opposing quarterback. Favre has the most talented offensive and defensive players in the league. And he's not simply riding their coattails. They're all pushing each other. Favre is doing the most.

When the season started, the only people in the Favre bunker were Brett, Deanna, Bus Cook, Brad Childress, Zygi Wilf and John Madden, NORDICNED and MARSTC09

Hell, I could copy and past
    the whole dam story and it would still be dead on....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

The more I hear people trounce on Ted Thompson, the more I agree.

While the Aaron Rodgers pick has worked out, it seems like Thompson doesn't get much else.

It's like someone told him 'you build through the draft' and that's the only thing he knows.
    The Packers have traded down for more draft picks more than any other team since Thompson took over, yet they have demonstrated no special ability to find good players.

Again, Aaron Rodgers looks good, but how many busts and low impact guys have they picked?
    In his five years, Thompson has picked 51 players.
    How many are even decent?
    Every team makes mistakes on draft day.
    But it seems that if you are going to trade down constantly to pick up an average of 3 extra picks each year, you should be pretty sure you know something other people don't.

And he has refused to upgrade through free agency.
    Charles Woodson is always the name brought up.
    It wasn't a small signing, and the guy has been okay for them.
    But he was signed at the end of April.
    The Raiders didn't want him back.
    The only other team with any interest was TB.
    This guy was a name, but because of injuries and age (29 at that time) wasn't a top draw.

I really prefer the way the Vikings front office has worked over the past several years.
    In a period of years where cap space isn't as hard to come by, they have cleared it out to allow for the acquisition of solid young players.
    Obviously they have done well in the draft.
    The one area of concern has been the quarterback position, but they seem to have that figured out at least for this year.

With the terrible offensive line Thompson has put together with a QB that likes to hold the ball, I get a feeling it is only a matter of time before Rodgers gets hurt and Ted is run out of town.

I hope there is much suffering in Packerland in the meantime.

"Prophet" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Yup
    I hope Sharper gets it so people can have more fun on pp.o.
    A noble motivation, for sure.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

[size=42pt]When the season started, the only people in the Favre bunker were Brett, Deanna, Bus Cook, Brad Childress, Zygi Wilf and John Madden, NORDICNED and MARSTC09 I_Bleed_Purple[/size]

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NordicNed" wrote:

[size=42pt]When the season started, the only people in the Favre bunker were Brett, Deanna, Bus Cook, Brad Childress, Zygi Wilf and John Madden, NORDICNED and MARSTC09[/size]

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

don't forget me

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

[size=42pt]When the season started, the only people in the Favre bunker were Brett, Deanna, Bus Cook, Brad Childress, Zygi Wilf and John Madden, NORDICNED and MARSTC09[/size]

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

don't forget me
    And the rest of us said he'd get off to a great start and hit a slump the second half of the season.

Might be a bit early to declare yourself correct, but here's to hoping we were wrong.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

;D

don't forget me
    And the rest of us said he'd get off to a great start and hit a slump the second half of the season.

Might be a bit early to declare yourself correct, but here's to hoping we were wrong.
    gonna have to be one hell of a slump.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast