Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Favre sucking up reaches an all time low ....

I've said it before about favre, I respect the hell out of him. He is the biggest reason that Green Bay has even been in contention for the last 12 years. Without Favre, Green Bay is at the bottom of the NFCN.

That said, I think what everyone here is tired of is hearing about how great he is...we already KNOW how great he is, we already KNOW what he's accomplished (As impressive as it is). Tell us something NEW. Is there so little going on in the NFL that the media has to rehash the same old tripe over and over again?

The thing that kills me is when Favre makes a completion, we get the "Only Brett Favre can do that"...then I flip the channel and watch 5 other QB's do exactly the same thing. He is no longer unique in his abilities, yet to hear the media (And Madden especially), the sun rises and sets around Brett.

As for Culpepper, he has flashes of brilliance...then he'll turn around and do something stupid - sort of like Favre. But, to compare the two is difficult. Culpepper is disciplined, Favre is improvisational. Culpepper waits for things to develop, Favre forces things to develop. Which is better? Time will tell.

Bottom line, it isn't Favre we dislike, it's the medias overreaction TO Favre. For the first time in a loooong time, I saw an article in the paper bashing Favre...and I sort of felt bad. After all, the end of an era is approaching.

Caine

Favre sucking up reaches an all time low ....

Good Caine, that's what I was saying in my post, dislike the medea, not favre for all the reasons stated above.
    GO PACKERS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12