Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Favre sucking up reaches an all time low ....

Little article on ESPN on how it wasn't the Eagles that stopped #4's consecutive TD streak .. with a classic extract below

Favre failed to throw a touchdown pass for the first time in 37 games, a streak dating to Oct. 20, 2002. He fell 11 games short of tying Johnny Unitas' league record of 47 consecutive games with a touchdown pass. The Eagles' defense did a fabulous job against Favre, limiting him to 14-of-29 passing and 131 yards and picking him off twice. For that, Philly should be commended. But it shouldn't be credited for snapping the streak. Favre should. He deserves credit for that.

With the Packers trailing by 44 and about 11 minutes left, Favre, football's iron man, grabbed some pine. He gave way to backup Craig Nall, who threw two touchdown passes in the fourth quarter. If he wanted, Favre could have stayed in until he tossed a touchdown. Up more than six touchdowns, the Eagles kept Donovan McNabb in into the fourth quarter. But the only record that mattered to Favre was 7-5, the Packers' mark after the loss.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Favre sucking up reaches an all time low ....

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Little article on ESPN on how it wasn't the Eagles that stopped #4's consecutive TD streak .. with a classic extract below

Favre failed to throw a touchdown pass for the first time in 37 games, a streak dating to Oct. 20, 2002. He fell 11 games short of tying Johnny Unitas' league record of 47 consecutive games with a touchdown pass. The Eagles' defense did a fabulous job against Favre, limiting him to 14-of-29 passing and 131 yards and picking him off twice. For that, Philly should be commended. But it shouldn't be credited for snapping the streak. Favre should. He deserves credit for that.

With the Packers trailing by 44 and about 11 minutes left, Favre, football's iron man, grabbed some pine. He gave way to backup Craig Nall, who threw two touchdown passes in the fourth quarter. If he wanted, Favre could have stayed in until he tossed a touchdown. Up more than six touchdowns, the Eagles kept Donovan McNabb in into the fourth quarter. But the only record that mattered to Favre was 7-5, the Packers' mark after the loss.
    Maybe Favre deserves some credit for not caring about the streak...I am just glad that the streak is one less thing that we have to hear the sycophant announcers blab about when the Packers play! ukeright:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

This isn't that bad, but other things are getting pretty bad. You cannot deny that Favre is one of the best QBs to ever play the game, and the length that he's been doing it is just as impressive. All I ask of you guys is not to change your opinion on Brett Favre simply because of all the idolizing John Madden and Co. are doing. It's a lot overdone, I know... I mean for pete's sake there was a SEVEN hour on the guy on ESPN classic on saturday. It's going way to far, but do you see the point I'm making, it's not Brett's fault... if it were up to him he wouldn't get any added attention and just wants to be any a football player in the NFL. He really humbles himself, he doesn't care about records, etc. he just wants what's best for his team. I respect him for that, I just wish the media would back off.

Also, being jelous is no good, 'pepper is young, he's a n amazing QB and I have a lot of respect for him, if he steps up even more and sticks it out for many years to come he'll get plenty of attention and ass-kissing. You'll have plenty of packer fans complaing and 'pepper-hating because they lack tact.
    I think I do better job at being realistic and fair, with an open mind, trying to see the whole picture, I also will take to heart any critizim I get when I'm not. So, that's my daily rant-thing.
    GO PACKERS!

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

"Steamed Turtle" wrote:
    This isn't that bad, but other things are getting pretty bad. You cannot deny that Favre is one of the best QBs to ever play the game, and the length that he's been doing it is just as impressive. All I ask of you guys is not to change your opinion on Brett Favre simply because of all the idolizing John Madden and Co. are doing. It's a lot overdone, I know... I mean for pete's sake there was a SEVEN hour on the guy on ESPN classic on saturday. It's going way to far, but do you see the point I'm making, it's not Brett's fault... if it were up to him he wouldn't get any added attention and just wants to be any a football player in the NFL. He really humbles himself, he doesn't care about records, etc. he just wants what's best for his team. I respect him for that, I just wish the media would back off.

Also, being jelous is no good, 'pepper is young, he's a n amazing QB and I have a lot of respect for him, if he steps up even more and sticks it out for many years to come he'll get plenty of attention and ass-kissing. You'll have plenty of packer fans complaing and 'pepper-hating because they lack tact.
    I think I do better job at being realistic and fair, with an open mind, trying to see the whole picture, I also will take to heart any critizim I get when I'm not. So, that's my daily rant-thing.
    When I think about it, I don't really hate Favre. I hate the Packers because they're the Packers, but I think the reason a lot of people say they hate Favre is because of the media. That isn't fair to him, but it's the way things are. I'm sure after he retires he will be remembered as a great QB.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

It's too bad, because Favre is a pretty stand-up guy. You would have to admit, if he had been playing Minnesota all these years and brought you a Super Bowl, you'd be lining up to lick his nuts, just like Madden.

The NFL has a knack for over hyping its veterans, the ones with a "link" to some of the glory days of the league. It did the same with Aikman for a while, and Young, and Elway. When Favre retires, it will be all-Peyton, all-the time.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

you're right Los... except for Madden... who will be talking about Favre for many years to come (until the happy day he is no longer apart of MNF)

Just like they're talking about jerry rice on mnf right now.
    GO PACKERS!

T-Bone is offline Rookie

[quote="LosAngelis"]It's too bad, because Favre is a pretty stand-up guy. You would have to admit, if he had been playing Minnesota all these years and brought you a Super Bowl, you'd be lining up to lick his nuts, just like Madden.

Change Favre's jersey and we would all like him....I don't know about the nuts part but some folks have posted some things here to make me think it might be possible.

Other than that, thanks for making me laugh. Funniest thing I've read here in a while.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah, I will pass on the nut-licking...unless it is my nuts that are getting licked...and only by a good-looking female! :tongue:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Eyesore is offline Pro-Bowler

[size=24px][/size]

B
    L
    O
    W

M
    E

!
    Please do not read this. For office use only.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast