Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Re: "Favre Should Retire"

"sterlinghudson" wrote:
    Favre wont get traded nor would he keep playing if they wanted to...honestly , thats so far from reality. i cant belive some people think the packers would trade him.

the packers know that if they even thought about trading him, they would lose so many fans, not that i think some of them would care. The only people that make these rumors and assumptions are people from other teams that dont realize the relationship between favre, the packers, and the fans.

favre will not be traded nomatter how bad things get, mark my words
    So if they traded Favre most Packer fans would jump off the bandwagon, they're not Packer fans but Favre fans, I see, do Packer fans know they didn't draft him and that he actually came from another team in a trade. Vince Lombardi didn’t drop him from the heavens, other wise he would be a Giant were Vince finished his career.

Favre will chase his records as a......Card or Dolphin...thats where the old people go to retire :lol:

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"sterlinghudson" wrote:
    Favre wont get traded nor would he keep playing if they wanted to...honestly , thats so far from reality. i cant belive some people think the packers would trade him.

the packers know that if they even thought about trading him, they would lose so many fans, not that i think some of them would care. The only people that make these rumors and assumptions are people from other teams that dont realize the relationship between favre, the packers, and the fans.

Could they get any worse? :razz:

CynicalVike is offline Starter

If Favre were to approach the team managment and tell them he wants to play 2 more years with a team that has a chance for him to get one more shot at a SB, or he'll retire, I'd bet that the team would feel they owed him that much for everything he has done for them. They have an expensive 1st round QB sitting on the bench, and letting Favre go would free up a lot of cap space. You can bet that they would never let him go to a division opponent.

Kansas City, Oakland, Buffalo, Tampa, Miami, Jets, Baltimore??
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Maybe Green Bay's intent is to keep Favre out there knowing they'll lose so they can pick high in the draft.. sneaky.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

the longer farve is around the better for us because he sucks. so many interceptions, so little time. and the more he plays means the less rogers plays. he has potentional but will need field time to get better. it will take at least a year for him to get good.
    We're bringing purple back.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"sterlinghudson" wrote:
    No one is saying they WILL trade Favre...they're saying they SHOULD trade Favre. Big difference. Face it, the only thing keeping the Packers afloat right now is Favre, which is ironic when you consider the fact that he is also the very reason they're in a pickle. His cap money could've brought quite a few better players in. And it'll be the same story next season.

"sterlinghudson" wrote:
    So, the Packers would lose Favre fans, not Packer fans. Then they would have to admit that THEY aren't the most popular TEAM...they simply have enjoyed having one of the most famous and popular PLAYERS. If Favre retires, the Packers instantly drop back into obscurity, cheered on only by a bunch of disgruntled old men who sit in taverns on Sunday, nursing tap beers and gorging on the free eats. The Favre fans will find a new Player to hitch their wagon to (Like Brady), and begin buying THAT teams merchandise and acting like they have been fans of THAT team "forever".

I can't wait.

"sterlinghudson" wrote:
    You're right, Favre won't be traded...but not for the reasons you suspect. The pure and simple TRUTH is that no team would offer anything up on Favre because he keeps making "retirement" noise. If he were instead saying he wanted to play another 4-5 years (Which he easily could), Green Bay would likely look for an offer on the sly, hoping to expedite their rebuilding process.

Instead, they are now slaves to the whim of their largest cap drain. Will he retire or won't he? If he does, Green Bay frees up beau coup cap space. If he doesn't, Green Bay has to try and rebuild via the draft as they won;t be able to afford many of their higher priced players whose contracts are expiring.

As for the fan relationship...let's see how favre feels about it when he keeps hearing those boos, and the papers start ripping him for blowing games (Something they've NEVER done in WI). He blew the game today...plain and simple. Had he run for the first in the last minute instead of throwing a bad pass towards Franks, Green Bay could've pulled it out (More than likely). Instead, he CHOKED.

The love-fest lasts only so long as you win. Being 2 loses away from your first EVER losing season with Favre, Brett's about to find out how true that statement is. And with your upcomming schedule, I'm guessing that the love-fest will end in 3 weeks.

Caine

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    "sterlinghudson" wrote:
    No one is saying they WILL trade Favre...they're saying they SHOULD trade Favre. Big difference. Face it, the only thing keeping the Packers afloat right now is Favre, which is ironic when you consider the fact that he is also the very reason they're in a pickle. His cap money could've brought quite a few better players in. And it'll be the same story next season.

"sterlinghudson" wrote:
    So, the Packers would lose Favre fans, not Packer fans. Then they would have to admit that THEY aren't the most popular TEAM...they simply have enjoyed having one of the most famous and popular PLAYERS. If Favre retires, the Packers instantly drop back into obscurity, cheered on only by a bunch of disgruntled old men who sit in taverns on Sunday, nursing tap beers and gorging on the free eats. The Favre fans will find a new Player to hitch their wagon to (Like Brady), and begin buying THAT teams merchandise and acting like they have been fans of THAT team "forever".

I can't wait.

"sterlinghudson" wrote:
    You're right, Favre won't be traded...but not for the reasons you suspect. The pure and simple TRUTH is that no team would offer anything up on Favre because he keeps making "retirement" noise. If he were instead saying he wanted to play another 4-5 years (Which he easily could), Green Bay would likely look for an offer on the sly, hoping to expedite their rebuilding process.

Instead, they are now slaves to the whim of their largest cap drain. Will he retire or won't he? If he does, Green Bay frees up beau coup cap space. If he doesn't, Green Bay has to try and rebuild via the draft as they won;t be able to afford many of their higher priced players whose contracts are expiring.

As for the fan relationship...let's see how favre feels about it when he keeps hearing those boos, and the papers start ripping him for blowing games (Something they've NEVER done in WI). He blew the game today...plain and simple. Had he run for the first in the last minute instead of throwing a bad pass towards Franks, Green Bay could've pulled it out (More than likely). Instead, he CHOKED.

The love-fest lasts only so long as you win. Being 2 loses away from your first EVER losing season with Favre, Brett's about to find out how true that statement is. And with your upcomming schedule, I'm guessing that the love-fest will end in 3 weeks.

Caine
    I am gonna enjoy the neck outta watching this...Pack fans will NO LONGER be able to say that their little Bretty Boy has never had a losing season! :lol:

I hope he comes back for more...then he can have TWO (or more) losing seasons on his resume!

Good comebacks (as usual), Caine!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Maybe the Vikes should get him?

hmm....Brett Favre ending his carrer with the purple..talk about the sucide rate going up in GB.

I'm not saying that I want him...or that he'd come here...but it would sure be fun to read the threads about that huh?

Does anyone else think that Favre's streak is as amazing as I do? As much as I hate the guy....I think this is bigger than Cal Ripkins consecutive game streak...football is a brutal sport...and for him to play that many games...I mean Vicoden couldn't help THAT much...could it?
    I'm sure there have been a tom of threads on Favres streak...I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

yah i doubt anybody is going to touch his streak, it's really mind boggling because you know he has played with some major injuries but he just keeps running out there. i hate him but i have a lot of respect for Favre.

can't quite seem to see Favre in purple though :???:

Thanks Josdin

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple27" wrote:
    Maybe the Vikes should get him?

hmm....Brett Favre ending his carrer with the purple..talk about the sucide rate going up in GB.

I'm not saying that I want him...or that he'd come here...but it would sure be fun to read the threads about that huh?

Does anyone else think that Favre's streak is as amazing as I do? As much as I hate the guy....I think this is bigger than Cal Ripkins consecutive game streak...football is a brutal sport...and for him to play that many games...I mean Vicoden couldn't help THAT much...could it?
    I'm sure there have been a tom of threads on Favres streak...I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.
    In reverse:

Favre's streak is pretty impressive...but not as impressive as Jim Marshall's. A Defensive Lineman gets hit every play...yet Marshall never missed a game. Amazingly enough, while the media made a big deal out of Favre's streak, they still can't vote Jim Marshall into the Hall. Idiots.

As for Favre in purple...to quote T-hoe, we'd be "much better off". While I loved Brad's performance today against the Lions, Favre would get the most out of our Receivers...something neither Daunte or Brad has done (Yet). But, at this stage of his career, I don't think it would be a good investment...even if he wanted to come.

Caine

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast