Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: "Favre Should Retire"

"CynicalVike" wrote:
    Actually, I think Favre could still play for another year or two, but not for the Packers. It would make alot of sense for the Packers to trade or cut him so he could finish his career with a team thats close to going deep in the playoffs. Favre wants another shot at a SB title, and the Packers will not be back to that level before he can no longer play. Letting him go gives him a shot while at the same time gives G.B. cap room to bring in a few younger needed FA's.

Wheather or not he or the organization would do it is something else though.
    that would never happen. The packers love him too much. They would die without their daily Favregasms. :roll:

Prophet Guest

I read somewhere that Favre wasn't interested in going to another team. If I was coaching the Packers I would definitely be working some reps in for Rodgers.

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "CynicalVike" wrote:
    Actually, I think Favre could still play for another year or two, but not for the Packers. It would make alot of sense for the Packers to trade or cut him so he could finish his career with a team thats close to going deep in the playoffs. Favre wants another shot at a SB title, and the Packers will not be back to that level before he can no longer play. Letting him go gives him a shot while at the same time gives G.B. cap room to bring in a few younger needed FA's.

that would never happen. The packers love him too much. They would die without their daily Favregasms. roll
    UMMMMM YEAH..... IF THAT HAPPENED PACKERS FANS WOULD START A RIOT AND MASS SUICIDES ACROSS THE WHOLE STATE

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"vikeswin2005" wrote:
    As hard as it would be for Favre he should hang it up NOW actually b4 season started...but too late I feel bad for Rodgers I have a feeling he will be booed if not worse by the fans forever in comparison to Favre, but really what else does Favre have to acheive??? oh yeah a career ending injury.
    Isn't it ironic how the Vikings had the boat party, but it's Captain Favrey going down with his ship! :lol: :lol:

Some photoshop experts here should be "revising that Titanic poster to be Favre & Packers oriented!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"CynicalVike" wrote:

plus you have to ask yourself which superbowl conteding team would want Favre, last time i checked most of them had good QB's

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "CynicalVike" wrote:

plus you have to ask yourself which superbowl conteding team would want Favre, last time i checked most of them had good QB's
    I could probably see the Ravens picking him up. They'll want to draft a QB this year if at all possible, and maybe sit him behind a veteran for a year. Not to mention their defense won't be intact by the time their rookie QB develops. I could seriously see them picking up Favre and trying to make a run next year.

The Packers will never drop Favre. He is like a God to them. Besides, even if he is on a losing team, he still has a lot of pride in his team. He's won one Superbowl with them and gained his fame. He is revered by them, and frankly, I don't think the fans could stand Favre being traded.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Favre has already said if Sherman goes, he goes.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

I know that I will catch heat for this, but I really dont hate favre THAT much. true I hate him when he plays us but other than that I kind of like him, with that being said I think that he should retire b/c right now he is doin what Jordan did when he came back for his 37th return.
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Favre wont get traded nor would he keep playing if they wanted to...honestly , thats so far from reality. i cant belive some people think the packers would trade him.

the packers know that if they even thought about trading him, they would lose so many fans, not that i think some of them would care. The only people that make these rumors and assumptions are people from other teams that dont realize the relationship between favre, the packers, and the fans.

favre will not be traded nomatter how bad things get, mark my words

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast