Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mattwaukee is offline Training Camp

Re: Favre to Peppers: “Beat the Packers”

Thank you favre for givin' us the good ole' Bret jynx..... LOL I guess it's only second nature, If your team can;t beat us, go ask your long time divistion rival to try..... SMFH, wth BF????

Anyways What do ya think Vikings Fans????? Super Bowl Champs!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Mattwaukee" #1089329
    Thank you favre for givin' us the good ole' Bret jynx..... LOL I guess it's only second nature, If your team can;t beat us, go ask your long time divistion rival to try..... SMFH, wth BF????

Wow. Suddenly I am overcome with respect and admiration for you, and all Packer fans, on account of your teams victory in the Superbowl. I am on the brink of rescinding every criticism I have ever uttered towards the4 Packers and their fans based solely upon the outcome of that one game and your compelling post. Once I am done typing this, I will gather up all of my Viking memorabilia and immediately deposit it in the dump, at which point I will race to my nearest sports collectibles store and buy up as much green and gold Packer attire and decorative items as my credit card will allow...

or...

I still think your team sucks, and that most Packtards are knock kneed idiots.

You decide.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1089334

Wow. Suddenly I am overcome with respect and admiration for you, and all Packer fans, on account of your teams victory in the Superbowl. I am on the brink of rescinding every criticism I have ever uttered towards the4 Packers and their fans based solely upon the outcome of that one game and your compelling post. Once I am done typing this, I will gather up all of my Viking memorabilia and immediately deposit it in the dump, at which point I will race to my nearest sports collectibles store and buy up as much green and gold Packer attire and decorative items as my credit card will allow...

or...

You decide.

Caine
    I say we sneak in and replace there Lombardi's with a couple of used 4H bowling trophies and some ribbons for first place dairy cattle and they wouldn't even figure it out.
    I have respect for all teams and fans but for some reason Pukers fans have that extra obnoxious vibe to them, not all and most of the ones on this site are great.
    My friends own a resort in Wisconsin and it's on the flowage and it's a really nice place and pretty country. Anyway, I'll go up there and visit sometimes and the locals will come in there and belly up to the bar and get to talking with me. As soon as they find out I'm from Minnesota they go into obnoxious ass hole mode and don't come out of it. Now I can take a jab and my hats off to them for a great team, but when I'm trying to enjoy a few days off with friends and relax, I have to deal with these inbreeds almost every time I go over there.
    It's not bad, it's not like they want to kick my ass, although one guy wanted to fight but he could hardly stand up and only had 3 teeth that were visible. I don't even talk about football, at least bring it up. I would rather talk about fishing and whatever when I'm over there but not the locals. They come in with blaze orange on and Pukers jerseys and suck down PBR like it's the last beer on earth. It never fails.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "battleaxe4cheese" #1089336
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1089334

or...

You decide.

Caine
    I say we sneak in and replace there Lombardi's with a couple of used 4H bowling trophies and some ribbons for first place dairy cattle and they wouldn't even figure it out.
    I have respect for all teams and fans but for some reason Pukers fans have that extra obnoxious vibe to them, not all and most of the ones on this site are great.
    My friends own a resort in Wisconsin and it's on the flowage and it's a really nice place and pretty country. Anyway, I'll go up there and visit sometimes and the locals will come in there and belly up to the bar and get to talking with me. As soon as they find out I'm from Minnesota they go into obnoxious ass hole mode and don't come out of it. Now I can take a jab and my hats off to them for a great team, but when I'm trying to enjoy a few days off with friends and relax, I have to deal with these inbreeds almost every time I go over there.
    It's not bad, it's not like they want to kick my ass, although one guy wanted to fight but he could hardly stand up and only had 3 teeth that were visible. I don't even talk about football, at least bring it up. I would rather talk about fishing and whatever when I'm over there but not the locals. They come in with blaze orange on and Pukers jerseys and suck down PBR like it's the last beer on earth. It never fails.
    I know what you mean. I lived in Ashland for 5 years and spent many nights in bars from there to Hurley to Hayward and it was the same for me.Sadly I married someone from there so now I have to still put up with my wife and worse her family at times like this.

dfosterf is offline Coach

Seven (7) of Green Bay's thirteen (13) championships have been won since the Vikings entered the league.

That's the most in the NFL over that time-span, including a very good Steelers organization.

13. B)

Btw-- I just took a poll of (one) of the 168 million people that watched at least a part of the latest Super Bowl. The poll was conducted on the eastern seaboard, (that isn't in the midwest, for the slower amongst you)

Q-- "What's the difference between a Packer fan and a Vikings fan?"

A-- "Well, I know they are both cold places, they all like to drink too much, seem to like weird sports like ice fishing. I think they have a lot of dairy farmers in Wisconsin, and a lot of pig farmers in Minnesota.
    In Wisconsin, they have great football teams, but I think the ice hockey might be better in Minnesota. Also, I think those people in Minneapolis are afraid of the cold or something. They all talk like rubes."

Q- "Why do you think people from Minneapolis are afraid of the cold?"

A- "Well, they play in that domed stadium and spend their lives in those hamster tubes going from place to place, plus they seem to be proud of having an indoor shopping center as a claim to fame."

Now I know why I married that girl, lol

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

How many of those 13 happened since you were alive?

How many since you were old enough to understand the game & watched it?

How many in the last 30 years?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1089344

7 since I have been old enough to watch.
    One of them less than a week ago.
    How many for you?

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1089347

How many for you?
    I suppose it must be nice to cheer for the winning team, and to brag about their accomplishments.

How much more dedication must you have to cheer for a team that LOST?

It's pretty easy to be a Packer fan right about now. Where were you in the 80's? I remember living in Wisconsin in the 80's and the ONLY people wearing Packer garb were the poor people who shopped at Goodwill (Not an exaggeration). It was all Chicago Bears, San Fransisco 49'ers, and Dallas Cowboys. It wasn't until Favre showed up that Packer fans - or, as I call them, "Packtards" - started coming out of the woodwork.

And they all do the same silly thing...they run their suck about how many championships the Packers have won, and all claim to have been lifelong Packer fans...

Furthermore, it isn't like those 13 "Championships" were all back to back.
    3 of them occured before 1932, when there were 12 teams in the league. In '36, '39, and '44, there were only TEN teams in the NFL.

'61 and '62, our first two seasons in the NFL, Green Bay managed to come out on top of a 14 team League. They did it again in '65....

So, 9 of your 13 Championships were against much smaller fields than we face today.

'66-'69, after the AFL and NFL had agreed to merge but BEFORE they acvtually DID, Green Bay won 2 more Championships (And we won one too). And while the NFL alter decided to back date the "superbowl" to include the '66 and '67 games, it wasn't ACTUALLY called the "Superbowl" until '68.

Further, the first 4 - pre-merger - are somewhat problematic in their classification...because they ARE pre-merger.

So, 11 of your 13 "World Championships" came before the merger, and before the competition field diversified.

That leaves you with 2...and 3 appearances. That leaves us with 3 appearances.

Not a whole lot of difference after all, is there?

So, again, brag it up. Enjoy it. Tell us again how many empty championships your team has won. But consider this, I have FAR more respect for a Lions fan than I do for most Packer fans...because they've stuck it out. Just like we have.

It's easy to cheer for a winning team. Let's see how deep your loyalty runs when the chips are down....

Caine

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

How many for you?
    Ouch! This isn't even a fair fight.
    None

Quote Originally Posted by "jrjohn" #1089352

How many for you?
    Ouch! This isn't even a fair fight.
    Well, he ASKED, lol

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast