Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 106
  1. #71
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,576

    Re: The Favre intercetion & fumble tracker

    Taylor should of had 5 ints. he dropped 3 and caught two. it was pretty crazy
    We're bringing purple back.

  2. #72
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: The Favre intercetion & fumble tracker

    "jobusrum" wrote:
    watching the highlights but obviously didn't watch the game, correct? Skins should not have beaten them, actually. Packers had 2 TD's taken away because of terrible officiating by the refs. They called a phantom hold on Tauscher on a Favre TD to Jones, and then he threw another TD later in the game(which would have iced it) to Franks in the corner of the EZ. He had one foot down and might have gotten his other foot in, if only he wasn't forced out of the EZ. Should have been a TD on a forceout
    Correct, I didn't watch the game, so there could have been 10 phantom calls that went against the Skins.

    When a team has the chance (and literally drops 3 of them through the arms) to get 5 INTs only getting 2 of them.

    Also:
    The difference in the game proved to be each team's ability to recover fumbles. The Redskins lost two of their four fumbles, including the one that was brought back for the Packers' winning score. Green Bay, meanwhile, managed to recover all four of its fumbles.
    Packers are the luckiest team in the world.... LOL!
    JMHO!

  3. #73
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,204

    Re: The Favre intercetion & fumble tracker

    Update (week 6):

    Interceptions: 6 (279)

    Fumbles lost: 1

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #74
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: The Favre intercetion & fumble tracker

    [size=12pt]Dan Marino Hosts Hour-Long HBO Special Celebrating Favre's Interceptions[/size]
    October 18, 2007 |

    [img width=450 height=207]http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Dan-Marino-art.article_large.jpg[/img]

    NEW YORK—Dan Marino, the former Dolphins quarterback, former multiple NFL all-time record holder, and current co-host of HBO's Inside The NFL, was the host, producer, and head writer of the hour-long HBO special Mr. 278, which aired Monday and commemorates Brett Favre breaking the all-time record for interceptions.

    "Join me in saluting Brett Favre for breaking the all-time interception record of 277 set by George Blanda—truly a milestone for the ages," Marino intoned during the opening montage, which featured Favre throwing some of his most memorable picks. "Some say records were made to be broken—personally, I've never believed that—but in any case the career interception mark was believed to be unreachable. It takes a player with an unusual combination of not knowing when to retire, not knowing when to stop trying to rack up the completions, and not knowing when to stop trying to throw touchdowns. And it seems that lucky player is everyone's big hero quarterback, Brett Favre."

    "I once held all the major records, but I never came close on interceptions," Marino added. "Also, I want to make it clear that I still have the records for passing yards in a season and in a career, but I have to hand it to Brett: He is now the interception record holder. Congratulations there, buddy."

    Marino began work on Mr. 278 late in the 2006 season, when it became apparent that Favre was on pace to break Blanda's interception record, as well as Marino's for touchdown passes, sometime in the 2007 season. When HBO producers balked at the idea of expanding their original planned 30-second supporting segment, Marino offered to work the show without pay and secured advertising commitments from NutriSystem, Papa John's Pizza, and Isotoner gloves.

    "I played in the NFL for many good years, which is why I set records for attempts, completions, and total seasons with 3,000 yards passing," Marino's voice can be heard to say as an on-screen graphic displayed the dozens of defensive players who had intercepted a Favre pass. "I even set a record for consecutive 3,000-yard seasons. Brett Favre has broken all of those, largely since he decided not to retire yet. And now, he has one of the most memorable records of all: interceptions."

    Marino then interviewed more than 30 current and former NFL players who had participated in Favre's record interception streak, including Brain Urlacher, Deion Sanders, Troy Vincent, and John Lynch. Marino devoted special attention to Sean Taylor, who was on the receiving end of Favre's record-breaking 278th interception, an ill-advised downfield sideline attempt thrown off the back foot, which Taylor neatly high-pointed.

    Marino also interviewed players who had intercepted Favre passes in college, during Favre's high school career in Mississippi, and during Packers training camp. In one poignant segment, Marino tracked down advertising copywriter Leroy Holsapple, the man who may have first intercepted Favre when, as an 8-year-old, he picked off a wild toss across the middle of the field during a 1979 Pop Warner game.

    "We've seen a lot of interceptions tonight," Marino said in conclusion as another painstakingly edited Favre interception montage, the ninth and last in the program, played behind him. "Were all of them were his fault? Maybe not—it's not for us to say. Am I jealous of his record? Maybe. I never considered myself to be all that concerned with statistics, and with my plus-168 TD-to-interception record, I'll never know what it's like to be "Mr. 278," the all-time interception king. Because the man who holds that record, perhaps forever, is Brett Favre."
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #75
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: The Favre intercetion & fumble tracker

    Laugh and make the jokes when we are in the playoffs and you are again sitting home contemplating who you should draft next April and what quarterback might stay with the team more than a season or two.
    ;D

    But at least you got yourself a running back to pin your hopes to, albeit with his injury history, hold on tight because history says it will not last long.

    Any bets that you stay within 10 points of the Cowboys this weekend.. I think maybe Romo will quit throwing scores on Tuesday next week on ol' man Sharper and "how did Hester get behind me" Smith. This is not a good matchup for you this weekend.

    Oh have I mentioned that Favre holds the TD record?
    ;D


  6. #76
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: The Favre intercetion & fumble tracker

    "pack93z" wrote:
    Laugh and make the jokes when we are in the playoffs and you are again sitting home contemplating who you should draft next April and what quarterback might stay with the team more than a season or two.
    ;D

    But at least you got yourself a running back to pin your hopes to, albeit with his injury history, hold on tight because history says it will not last long.

    Any bets that you stay within 10 points of the Cowboys this weekend.. I think maybe Romo will quit throwing scores on Tuesday next week on ol' man Sharper and "how did Hester get behind me" Smith. This is not a good matchup for you this weekend.

    Oh have I mentioned that Favre holds the TD record?
    ;D

    I'm your huckleberry.
    Where have I heard that before.
    What is the wager this time?

  7. #77
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: The Favre intercetion & fumble tracker

    "vikingivan" wrote:

    I'm your huckleberry.
    Where have I heard that before.
    What is the wager this time?
    First.. the wifey should be dropping the reward for the first bet in the mail today..

    Second.. If your Vikings can stay within 10 points of the Cowboys.. hmmm let me give that some thought today and post an update later today.. if you got any ideas.. post em'.


  8. #78
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: The Favre intercetion & fumble tracker

    "pack93z" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:

    I'm your huckleberry.
    Where have I heard that before.
    What is the wager this time?
    First.. the wifey should be dropping the reward for the first bet in the mail today..

    Second.. If your Vikings can stay within 10 points of the Cowboys.. hmmm let me give that some thought today and post an update later today.. if you got any ideas.. post em'.

    Sorry 93z, having to wear a Packer jersey is not a reward.
    It is like getting the death penalty for jay walking.
    I will also try to come up with an idea for the wager.

  9. #79
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: The Favre intercetion & fumble tracker

    "vikingivan" wrote:
    Sorry 93z, having to wear a Packer jersey is not a reward.
    It is like getting the death penalty for jay walking.
    I will also try to come up with an idea for the wager.
    After you see the nobility of wearing the Green & Gold on Viking game day... ahhh you will see my friend. It truly is a reward, especially after we sweep the Vikes again.
    ;D

  10. #80
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: The Favre intercetion & fumble tracker

    "pack93z" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    Sorry 93z, having to wear a Packer jersey is not a reward.
    It is like getting the death penalty for jay walking.
    I will also try to come up with an idea for the wager.
    After you see the nobility of wearing the Green & Gold on Viking game day... ahhh you will see my friend. It truly is a reward, especially after we sweep the Vikes again.
    ;D
    I would rather walk naked at night in the BWCA with no mosquito repellent than wear a Packer jersey.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Favre Interception, Fumble & TD Tracker - 2009
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 11:18 AM
  2. Favre vs. Rodgers tracker
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 02:26 AM
  3. FIRST FUMBLE
    By vikesfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 08:55 PM
  4. the fumble
    By poult in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 07:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •