Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Favre a horrible mentor?

I heard the worst part about what is going on in GB is that Favre is doing nothing to help develop Rodgers. He is apparently treating Rodgers like a competitor trying to steal his job rather than a successor. If this is true, Favre is pathetic. Yeah I udnersand you are tough and you still want to play, but you have a had a great career, there is no reason to try to hinder someone else's. Favre you suck!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Del Rio Guest

Re: Favre a horrible mentor?

How does Favre treating his competition for his job like a competitor = him trying to hinder him?

The way I look at it is he isn't trying to hurt him, he just isn't going out of his way to help him.

Hell you could argue that by Favre not helping his he is actually doing him a huge favor. If Rodgers went under center on that crappy team right now he would be diagnosed with Leaf syndrome in 3 weeks lol.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

most young quarterbacks would pick farve to watch and learn from. rogers should have been very happy to land wher ehe did. but farve knows he is on his way out and he doesnt want to be remember for losing his job to a rookie.
    We're bringing purple back.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Favre said early in training camp that he would not help Rodgers because he was more worried about winning the Superbowl! Nobody in the media called him on it, they were saying things like "he is such a competitor" and "there will be time for that when Favre is done playing".

If you watched their games it looks like that time is now!

Maybe you should stop being a d*ck, and try and help the kid out.

But, he is old giving Brett, the angel, he can not do any wrong, he can walk on water, he only gives! Maybe the will make 5 or 6 more specials on him this year and run them every week, makes me want to puke!

Bet you the Walker would like to get his hands on him and rip his head-off!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

farve cannot do wrong in that city. throws 4ints in the playoffs, and its 'ooo better luck next time' and 'he did the best he could' and 'we still love him no matter what.' what are the packers going to do when he finally leaves? i cannot wait for the day.

Del Rio Guest

The way I took his offseason comment was it isn't my job to get him ready it is his job.

To me it sounded like he wouldn't be opposed to answering questions, giving advice, if the young buck asked for it.

Either way it is obvious he is on his last leg. I heard he is going to be traded to the Ravens/Dolphins/Jets lol so we will see.

it isnt his job to get him ready to play. thats what coaches do. his job is to wins games and throw touchdowns.

no way is farve going to be traded. wow. think about the consquences.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah, I agree with Favre's attitude. Why groom your successor when you're still trying to win football games? Besides, the faster Rodgers comes along the faster Favre will be forced into retirement.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Frave is a Over the Hill idoit. he needs to quit and stick to starter shoe commericals.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

6-KINGS Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:
    The way I took his offseason comment was it isn't my job to get him ready it is his job.

To me it sounded like he wouldn't be opposed to answering questions, giving advice, if the young buck asked for it.

Either way it is obvious he is on his last leg. I heard he is going to be traded to the Ravens/Dolphins/Jets lol so we will see.
    Maybe even the cowboys.
    I could see Favre and Jerry Jones boozing it up together, raping sheep and cattle in the Stockyards.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast