Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Favre calls 2009

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    I was looking at the wrong link h

how about this:

4:50 p.m.: The emcee promised the next speaker would tell us the secrets to making "staggering amounts cash" on the Internet. But by then, most people were motivated to go home.
    Seems to me, by the time Favre came on, most people were tired of being there.

Add to the fact that this was a financial/business function, perhaps not exactly Favre's Target audience, and I severely doubt it was full of only VIking fans (Keep in mind, Minnesota has a huge Packer fan population)
    Excuses, excuses.

Why was he even speaking then if no one wanted to listen to him? :dry:
    Give it a rest. It was a taped video segment. LOL! Do you have any silly putty?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

how about this:

4:50 p.m.: The emcee promised the next speaker would tell us the secrets to making "staggering amounts cash" on the Internet. But by then, most people were motivated to go home.

Add to the fact that this was a financial/business function, perhaps not exactly Favre's Target audience, and I severely doubt it was full of only VIking fans (Keep in mind, Minnesota has a huge Packer fan population)
    Excuses, excuses.

You have no clue about that which you are posting, as usual.

This "seminar" happened to be hosted, downtown, on the same day as a Twins game. Right next to Target Field. The traffic was a nightmare. People left early because this ludicrous "event" was paid for by their businesses (at less than $20 to "Get your whole office in!") and people were leaving in droves to avoid the Twins traffic - which was made even worse by the early 4pm resumption of the previous night's suspended Twins game.

Favre was speaking for the same reason that any of the other people were speaking - because he got paid. End of story.
    I might not now what I am posting about, however, it sounds like you are spinning the same excuses.
    Explaining why things actually happened is not "spinning the same excuses". No one went to this stupid thing to hear Favre. Hell - in the advertisements, he wasn't even guaranteed to speak, and when he did, it was "via satellite".

Have you ever once on PPO acknowledged that you have no clue?

=Z=
    No clue. Gimme a break. You wanna talk football, lets see who has a clue. You wanna talk office parties, well, you probably have me.

As to how "it actually happened", how do you know it actually happened? Were you one of the Saps that had to go there?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

how about this:

Excuses, excuses.

Well, at least your not giving out lame excuses, you resort to other options when it comes to trying to defend a cat 50% of the audience walked out on.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

how about this:

Excuses, excuses.

Well, at least your not giving out lame excuses, you resort to other options when it comes to trying to defend a cat 50% of the audience walked out on.
    yeah, excuses...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

how about this:

Excuses, excuses.

This "seminar" happened to be hosted, downtown, on the same day as a Twins game. Right next to Target Field. The traffic was a nightmare. People left early because this ludicrous "event" was paid for by their businesses (at less than $20 to "Get your whole office in!") and people were leaving in droves to avoid the Twins traffic - which was made even worse by the early 4pm resumption of the previous night's suspended Twins game.

Favre was speaking for the same reason that any of the other people were speaking - because he got paid. End of story.
    I might not now what I am posting about, however, it sounds like you are spinning the same excuses.
    Explaining why things actually happened is not "spinning the same excuses". No one went to this stupid thing to hear Favre. Hell - in the advertisements, he wasn't even guaranteed to speak, and when he did, it was "via satellite".

No clue. Gimme a break. You wanna talk football, lets see who has a clue. You wanna talk office parties, well, you probably have me.

As to how "it actually happened", how do you know it actually happened? Were you one of the Saps that had to go there?
    I know how it actually happened because it was reported in the local papers and on the local news. I prefer those sources over some internet article.

No, I didn't go - no reason to waste my time listening to this sort of hoo-ha.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

how about this:

Excuses, excuses.

I know how it actually happened because it was reported in the local papers and on the local news. I prefer those sources over some internet article.

=Z=
    wait, are you saying perhaps you might know about this a little bit better than some yutz living in Virginia?

Freya is offline Team Alumni

marstc09 wrote:
    Unlike three prior seasons, Brett Favre's performance last year didn't result in the league MVP award. But he nevertheless believes that 2009 was better than any of his other 18 years in the NFL.

Appearing via satellite at a "Get Motivated!" seminar at the Target Center in Minneapolis that included video appearances from the likes of Rudy Giuliani and Sarah Palin, Favre declared that his first year with the Vikings was "the best season I've ever had."
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/27/favre-calls-2009-the-best-season-ive-ever-had/
    His first year? Not in quotes, but I'd love to know if that is how he referred to it leading up to what was quoted.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re:Favre calls 2009 "the best season I've ever had"

You know what? I was there. It was about 2/3 full still at that point in the afternoon and it was running LATE.

It was a very positive interview; if you walked away from what he said having been there and thought he either didn't like MN, didn't enjoy his time here, or had complaints, I really think you were on something.

It was typical Favre; non-committal but definitely gave the feel he wanted to be back this year.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

ThorSPL wrote:
    You know what? I was there. It was about 2/3 full still at that point in the afternoon and it was running LATE.

It was a very positive interview; if you walked away from what he said having been there and thought he either didn't like MN, didn't enjoy his time here, or had complaints, I really think you were on something.

It was typical Favre; non-committal but definitely gave the feel he wanted to be back this year.
    Thanks for clearing this up.

Go figure, the local hacks got it wrong. Sure glad I don't believe them.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

how about this:

Excuses, excuses.

=Z=
    wait, are you saying perhaps you might know about this a little bit better than some yutz living in Virginia?
    That guy is a chucklehead isn't he? :lol:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast