Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Favre calls 2009 "the best season I've ever had"

Unlike three prior seasons, Brett Favre's performance last year didn't result in the league MVP award. But he nevertheless believes that 2009 was better than any of his other 18 years in the NFL.

Appearing via satellite at a "Get Motivated!" seminar at the Target Center in Minneapolis that included video appearances from the likes of Rudy Giuliani and Sarah Palin, Favre declared that his first year with the Vikings was "the best season I've ever had."
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/27/favre-calls-2009-the-best-season-ive-ever-had/

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Favre calls 2009 "the best season I've ever had"

4:17 p.m.: Quarterback Favre also appeared via satellite to talk about his ankle surgery and how last year with the Vikings was "the best season I've ever had."

"My biggest accomplishment was winning over the majority of Minnesota Vikings fans. I never thought I'd say that."

Many people had slipped out, and the arena was half full when Favre was asked about a possible next season.

"Physically, I don't feel great," he said. "I'm not getting any younger."

A few people chanted, "One more year!"
    http://www.twincities.com/ci_15169850

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It had to feel good just getting out of those hideous green and yellow clothes and away from those foam cheese hats.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Favre calls 2009

marstc09 wrote:
    Unlike three prior seasons, Brett Favre's performance last year didn't result in the league MVP award. But he nevertheless believes that 2009 was better than any of his other 18 years in the NFL.

Appearing via satellite at a "Get Motivated!" seminar at the Target Center in Minneapolis that included video appearances from the likes of Rudy Giuliani and Sarah Palin, Favre declared that his first year with the Vikings was "the best season I've ever had."
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/27/favre-calls-2009-the-best-season-ive-ever-had/
    Well Giuliani and Palin were there so you know that it has to be true.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

All the more reason to come back
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"My biggest accomplishment was winning over the majority of Minnesota Vikings fans. I never thought I'd say that."

Many people had slipped out, and the arena was half full when Favre was asked about a possible next season.
    Obviously he hasn't won over the majority if 50% left. Throw me in the mix and he surely doesn't even have a 50% approval rating if you ask me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:

Obviously he hasn't won over the majority if 50% left. Throw me in the mix and he surely doesn't even have a 50% approval rating if you ask me.
    where did you get that 50% number from exactly?

I'd be willing to be more than 50% of fans were happy with what he did for us this season.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

where did you get that 50% number from exactly?

I'd be willing to be more than 50% of fans were happy with what he did for us this season.
    Did you read the quote?

He (the Noodle) said majority of fans. The writer then said that half (= 50%) left before he talked.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

here's the entire article:

That quote comes courtesy of Richard Chin of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, who adds that Favre also said, "Physically, I don't feel great."

A PFT reader who attended the event says that Favre explained he'll have the stitches removed from his surgically-repaired ankle next week, and that the emotional pain of losing in the NFC title game to the Saints would be a factor in his final decision regarding whether to return to Minnesota for a second season. (Apparently, he'll now be showing up on the injury report as "probable (heart).")

Of course, the difference this year is that he's under contract. So at some point before the Vikings head to Mankato for training camp, Favre needs to let the team know whether he'll be eventually showing up.

Given that he didn't need to have ankle surgery in order to ride his tractor, the safe bet continues to be that he'll be back.
    am I blind?

Blog Entries

I was looking at the wrong link h

how about this:

4:50 p.m.: The emcee promised the next speaker would tell us the secrets to making "staggering amounts cash" on the Internet. But by then, most people were motivated to go home.
    Seems to me, by the time Favre came on, most people were tired of being there.

Add to the fact that this was a financial/business function, perhaps not exactly Favre's Target audience, and I severely doubt it was full of only VIking fans (Keep in mind, Minnesota has a huge Packer fan population)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast