Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favre

souls-fan is offline Waterboy

Re: Favre

I hate Favre as much as the next guy...not because he's average. His numbers are slipping a little bit but you still have to be wary of what he is capable of...not necessarily his yearly stats.

We all think that the Pack will be worse this year, how much worse is debatable but Packer week is still the two weeks that is in the back of everyone's mind (and not because of their defense!!)

realmeandogg is offline Training Camp

"nextvikingsstar" wrote:
    favre is becoming more and more average i dont think hes avergae yet but whens the last time he totally took control of a game its been awhile his team has gotten him outta a lot of jams i hate him but he used to do it every day hes get it done but latly it hasnt been the case
    [b]

The last reg. season game they played us he looked like he had pretty good control. As much as I hate green bay he will never be an average
    QB he is in my book the best QB I have seen play in my life time!
    (I cant beleave I just said that)

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Also note that Favre still has a freakin CANNON

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Wow. Some pretty passionate views on Favre.

I think the guy is still one hell of a QB...I think that the team around him is falling apart, however, and that he can't carry the load the way he once did.

He's always been a bit wild, that was a given, but he took chances and they paid off more times than not. Even in the last Play-Off game, I didn't count them out until the clock read 0:00. His entire career has been about making the impossible possible.

I don't think he's slipping...I think his team is. I don't think it's Ahman's team - he fumbled that opportunity away last season...literally. And I think that he could play another 2-5 years and remain a top 10 QB.

But, Green Bay needs him to move on. They NEED that cap space. They NEED to commit to rebuilding, and stop trying to win it all with a patchwork team. Favre has seen his last Superbowl in Green Bay.

Hopefully, none of that will happen. Hopefully, he stays put for another 5 years, Green Bay keeps dropping huge dollars on him, and they keep eroding away one player at a time.

But as for Favre himself...I respect him. I just bash him to get a rise out of the "Favre is the Messiah" crowd...they piss me off.

Caine

toemaster6 is offline Rookie

Some good points about the team around farve not being up to snuff. He yes still has an incredible arm in his arsenal that can light an opponent at will as long as his receivers are on the same page. Which IMO has been a big reason for his decline over the past few years. As far as I'm concerned I hope that his receivers never get on that page with him. Too many times he's pulled some shizite out of his arse and lit up the Vikes to come out on top. This I would love to see stop. Down wth favre!!! Other than that he's a nice guy and I wish him a happy retirement when that day comes.
    This year the Vikes D is really going to find out if Farve tastes like chicken and to any Charger fans

THE CHARGERS SUCK!

mark is offline Asst. Coach

If farve wasnt on the pack i would probably root foe him to do well but when its aginst the viks Icant stand him
    <!--
    sig -->

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

My feelings against a team usually affects my opinion of a player. I hate the Broncos and thus hated Elway with a passion. After Favre retires I'll probably be able to look at him more as a great football player much as I did with Elway.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

no ones saying that he wasnt great, i just think that he cant do wat he used to do and is gettin closer and closer to being ordinary every year. Time to hang it up? YES!!!!!

bryonfos is offline Starter

If he hangs it up the packers are done, he is the life blood of that team. The fans probably won't come out in as big of #'s, and the season ticket waiting list will shorten.
    The only thing worse than a Packer is a Cowboy

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"bryonfos" wrote:
    If he hangs it up the packers are done, he is the life blood of that team. The fans probably won't come out in as big of #'s, and the season ticket waiting list will shorten.
    are you kidding me? the packers have some of the most loyal fans in the world..
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast