Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

FAV-RAY IS THE GREY GHOST

How many of you have seen the movie "Everybody's All-American"? Those of you that have seen it, doesn't the career path of "The Grey Ghost" remind you of Fav-ray? I mean, was once the greatest thing since sliced bread, now, just a average player who continues to go down hill, and doesn't know when to call it a career.[][]

sig courtesy of PPE

Biggs is offline Rookie

Average?

I have been away from these boards since the Superbowl ended and now with the NFL Draft quickly approaching, I thought I would visit some of the NFL boards that I had been ignoring. I come to this site as a Packer fan for several reasons.

1. I enjoy poking Viking fans in the ribs with a stick
    2. This is a very well run site
    3. I like to defend the Packers and Packer fans whenever I get a chance
    4. Some of you guys are very amusing (kinda like that annoying little rat like character that Jabba the Hut kept chained to his side in Star Wars) :P

Posts like this one are the ones that are the most amusing because they are based on little to no fact and make the author look ignorant :?

I agree that Favre's skills have eroded from the glory days but to suggest that he is just an average player that doesn't know when to call it a career is simply wrong and based solely on emotion rather than fact. You want Favre out of the NFL because he has been a thorn in the side of Viking fans for years just like "Sweetness" was to us Packer fans during the 1980's.

Fact: in 2003, Favre threw for 3, 361 yards in the regular season (#11 in the NFL) and another 499 in the playoffs. In a 32 team league, being ranked #11 in any catagory is better than average. (FYI - Culpepper was ranked #9 in this catagory)

Fact: In 2003, Favre had a 90.4 passer rating (#6 in the NFL). Again, far from average. FYI - Culpepper was #3 at 96.4)

And this one is the most telling:

Fact: In 2003, Favre once again led the league in TD passes with 32, and that was in an offense that put a much larger emphasis on running the ball than they had in previous years. (do you still think he is average and needs to retire?)

I will give you the fact that his INT's and Rushing stats suck but you and I both know he is not and never was a rushing QB and the INT issue is something ALL Packers fan's have come to expect from his style of play. It is simply a fact of life that we have to live with (but we don't have to like)

Hawgski...come on and admit that you just want ole Favre to go away so the Vikings don't have to continue to deal with a Hall of Famer twice a year any more.

All in good fun :lol:
    "if you look down to tie your shoes and see nothing but peanuts and confetti...you know the parade has passed you by"

"Some bleed purple as if they were a clown...I bleed Green and Gold as in cash money"

"behold the power of cheese!"

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Average?

Hey Biggs, we know you'll never stop your love sessions with Favre. Crushes are dangerous things, my friend, you and the packer faithful with their tiresome Bayou Orgies. :3some:

"Biggs" wrote:
    I have been away from these boards since the Superbowl ended and now with the NFL Draft quickly approaching, I thought I would visit some of the NFL boards that I had been ignoring. I come to this site as a Packer fan for several reasons.

1. I enjoy poking Viking fans in the ribs with a stick
    2. This is a very well run site
    3. I like to defend the Packers and Packer fans whenever I get a chance
    4. Some of you guys are very amusing (kinda like that annoying little rat like character that Jabba the Hut kept chained to his side in Star Wars) :P

Posts like this one are the ones that are the most amusing because they are based on little to no fact and make the author look ignorant :?

I agree that Favre's skills have eroded from the glory days but to suggest that he is just an average player that doesn't know when to call it a career is simply wrong and based solely on emotion rather than fact. You want Favre out of the NFL because he has been a thorn in the side of Viking fans for years just like "Sweetness" was to us Packer fans during the 1980's.

Fact: in 2003, Favre threw for 3, 361 yards in the regular season (#11 in the NFL) and another 499 in the playoffs. In a 32 team league, being ranked #11 in any catagory is better than average. (FYI - Culpepper was ranked #9 in this catagory)

Fact: In 2003, Favre had a 90.4 passer rating (#6 in the NFL). Again, far from average. FYI - Culpepper was #3 at 96.4)

And this one is the most telling:

Fact: In 2003, Favre once again led the league in TD passes with 32, and that was in an offense that put a much larger emphasis on running the ball than they had in previous years. (do you still think he is average and needs to retire?)

I will give you the fact that his INT's and Rushing stats suck but you and I both know he is not and never was a rushing QB and the INT issue is something ALL Packers fan's have come to expect from his style of play. It is simply a fact of life that we have to live with (but we don't have to like)

Hawgski...come on and admit that you just want ole Favre to go away so the Vikings don't have to continue to deal with a Hall of Famer twice a year any more.

All in good fun :lol:

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Personally I hope Favre stays in the league for a long time. His skills are only going to continue to get worse. Plus he is usually good for a few pick a game, and those will always hurt the pack!
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

GOOD CALL!! =D>

sig courtesy of PPE

Biggs is offline Rookie

Come on Boys....these one line responses, juvenile cracks about "Bayou love fests" and silly smiley's are funny but weak. I know you got more than that. I've seen you guys give it back better than that. Someone PLEASE dispute the facts with cold hard truth's and at least spark a good debate. Have you all gone soft since I was away?

Bring it...I ain't Skeeeeered....are you? :shock:
    "if you look down to tie your shoes and see nothing but peanuts and confetti...you know the parade has passed you by"

"Some bleed purple as if they were a clown...I bleed Green and Gold as in cash money"

"behold the power of cheese!"

weeds is offline Waterboy

Favre's going to the Hall and has a Super Bowl ring and two NFC championships.

He'll retire soon enough guys, then whomever replaces him will beat the Vikes (or, they'll beat themselves -- more historically correct) ... and you all will despise that person.

Gawd, you guys sound more like Bears fans. :roll: