Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Farvee worship at a sickening level...........

"MVIKING7" wrote:
    Other then longevity, passing for over 5000 yards(due to his longevity), and winning one supe, am I missing something in all the adulation bestowed upon Farve? And I'm not speaking from a Viking fan's head, just a football realist. The media portrays this guy to be in the company of Montana, Elway, or Staubach. when in fact he has a career 61.5 %completion rating(which is good but not great) has thrown 273 INT's to his 414 TD's, and he has never had a passer rating of 100.
    Check out this Football HOF link and see if you can find his name, I can't. Bye Brett. IMHO.......you were good but not great. :Phttp://www.profootballhof.com/history/release.jsp?release_id=1303
    Didn't you make that same exact post in another thread?

patistheman is offline Starter

"MVIKING7" wrote:
    Other then longevity, passing for over 5000 yards(due to his longevity), and winning one supe, am I missing something in all the adulation bestowed upon Farve? And I'm not speaking from a Viking fan's head, just a football realist. The media portrays this guy to be in the company of Montana, Elway, or Staubach. when in fact he has a career 61.5 %completion rating(which is good but not great) has thrown 273 INT's to his 414 TD's, and he has never had a passer rating of 100.
    Check out this Football HOF link and see if you can find his name, I can't. Bye Brett. IMHO.......you were good but not great. :Phttp://www.profootballhof.com/history/release.jsp?release_id=1303
    Ok, no I am not a Packer fan, and yes I get sick of hearing how great farve is, however your arguement that he is high in statistical ranking of those categories is because of his longevity is null and void.
    Why do you ask.
    Because next year, counting his first year in the league with the Falcons where he threw 5 passes for no completions and 2 INTs, Brett Farve if he comes back will tie Dan Marino for being in the league for 17 seasons.
    So you cannot argue that he is so high in those categories because of how long he has played when he still has not played as long as the guy he is behind in those categories.
    And if Farve retired this year he would do so after playing the same length of time as John Elway.

Please don't jump all over me for this arguement, I am just stating a fact.
    Brett Farve is a great player, nobody should argue that, but yes, the worship the media gives him is very sickening!!!

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

"patistheman" wrote:
    "MVIKING7" wrote:
    Ok, no I am not a Packer fan, and yes I get sick of hearing how great farve is, however your arguement that he is high in statistical ranking of those categories is because of his longevity is null and void.
    Why do you ask.
    Because next year, counting his first year in the league with the Falcons where he threw 5 passes for no completions and 2 INTs, Brett Farve if he comes back will tie Dan Marino for being in the league for 17 seasons.
    So you cannot argue that he is so high in those categories because of how long he has played when he still has not played as long as the guy he is behind in those categories.
    And if Farve retired this year he would do so after playing the same length of time as John Elway.

Please don't jump all over me for this arguement, I am just stating a fact.
    Brett Farve is a great player, nobody should argue that, but yes, the worship the media gives him is very sickening!!!

All I'm saying is overrated. The numbers speak for themselves. You had better have Monatana or Elway credentials if your gonna have him in their company, and I just don't see it.

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "MVIKING7" wrote:

Yes I did post this same thing in another thread, but something worth saying is worth saying twice!

Didn't you make that same exact post in another thread?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

It's getting even more sickening..

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    And delusional.
    Here's hoping that broken down old fart won't agree to come to the mini-camps.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"MVIKING7" wrote:
    Check out this Football HOF link and see if you can find his name, I can't. Bye Brett. IMHO.......you were good but not great. :P http://www.profootballhof.com/history/release.jsp?release_id=1303
    top 20 career passer ratings of all time:

15 Brett Favre 85.05

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    And delusional.

=Z=
    What is delusional about bringing in a HOF QB?

poisoning16 is offline Rookie

Maybe the fact that he's 40 years old, hasn't been too good for 3 of the last 4 years, and is playing with half a bicep? The only thing Favre will provide now is merchandise sales...that's all good and fun...for the NFL, but will Viking fans be loving that when he ends up not being the missing piece they envisioned?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    And delusional.
    What is delusional about bringing in a HOF QB?
    The delusional part is assuming that he is better than anything the Vikings already have based upon stats from the past.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast