Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Farve Ripped Walker

Well what im seeing is that the vikings are getting better, while the packers situation with walker is showing them falling apart, leaving the division open for the vikings, and then the eagles situation with T.O. leaves the NFC open to either the vikings or ron mexico. im taking the vikings on this one.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I agree with Favre I am tired of hearing big mouthed WRs sign a contract and then b!tch and moan a couple of months later because they want a new contract!

Favre also knows that w/o Walker they have no shot ZERO CHANCE to do anything!!!!!!!
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Walker is one guy that I wouldn't mind seeing getting a new contract. I think he makes like 1 million a year. Other recievers on his level make about 5 million a year. Pay the guy. He is the best player on their team.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

i agree.. ppl say he only had 1 good season but he actually had a couple pretty good ones before that.. he deserves more money.. although i think ppl should go with the contract they signed to begin with

packer_painkiller is offline Training Camp

I guess I don't care whether they sign him back or not, there is going to be resentment either way don't you think. I mean seriously he has two years left on his ROOKIE contract, rookies need the min. contract to prove they can do it over time. Walker had one good season and he is demanding that kind of money. Christian Okoye had one great season for the KC Chiefs but what did he amount to. Sustained ability is more important and if he can prove himself in the next two years he can prove himself. and the way things are going he might prove himself in purple and gold because we are in the business of taking the packers best players!
    Does it matter what anyone says here? ---The packers still suck!!!!!!!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

now i hate brett favre with a passion, but im very glad to see somebody with his kind of star power come out and say something like that..its about time these big name vets stepped up and called out the younger guys that are crying over their contracts
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

oldschoolmikey is offline Starter

I agree, more proven vets in this league should step up and say how guys holding out on their contracts is not cool. Players listen to and respect proven players in this league like Favre,Culpepper,Manning, and Brady just to name a few.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

This punk needs to have another good season in order for him to demand more cash. 1 good season is not enough, probably a fluke!

ElBarto is offline Starter

I hope he gets a nice long contract. Plenty of years playing with Aaron Rodgers :lol:

Maybe he's looking for a way out 'cos he knows Bertt will be gone next year probably.
    My head is spinning round, I don t know what to do...

Although I agree that Walker plays at a higher level than what he is currently paid, he signed the original contract. He'll get his big paycheck in the future if he continues to play consistently well.

I know that this could be considered sacrilege on this website, but you've just really got to respect Favre for his stance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast