Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Dynasty brewing in Green Bay?

Hard earn the title of Dynasty in this day and age.
    Can't quiet go there, however,

They have a very good looking team with alot of talent that had some downs mixed in with thier ups. (i.e. the 2 Bear losses).

It appears they have a front office that will continue to develop a home grown team with a few select FA mixed in to fix holes.

The are one of a few teams that have a significant amount of CAP with the biggest available related to rookie allocation pool.

Long story short, a talented young team with a front office that now appears to have a clue and you see a team that will only get better and not worse IMHO.

It makes me sick just to think about it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2434786
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Everyone here is missing the point of this thread. You are keying in on the "dynasty" phrase rather than how this writer says they are doing it -- by building through the draft rather than free agents.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Overlord" wrote:
    Except for their annual 0-2 set against the Vikings (past two years were a fluke).
    Yep a fluke.. no doubt.
    ;D

I hope we continue it next year.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Hard earn the title of Dynasty in this day and age.
    Can't quiet go there, however,

They have a very good looking team with alot of talent that had some downs mixed in with thier ups. (i.e. the 2 Bear losses).

It appears they have a front office that will continue to develop a home grown team with a few select FA mixed in to fix holes.

The are one of a few teams that have a significant amount of CAP with the biggest available related to rookie allocation pool.

Long story short, a talented young team with a front office that now appears to have a clue and you see a team that will only get better and not worse IMHO.

It makes me sick just to think about it.
    Come on.. admit it.. closet Packer fan.
    ;D

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Everyone here is missing the point of this thread. You are keying in on the "dynasty" phrase rather than how this writer says they are doing it -- by building through the draft rather than free agents.
    I think they took that angle and are hashing it out in the Giants vs Green Bay thread.. but point taken.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I think it was the use of the word Dynasty in the title of the thread.
    The article itself didn't use the term.
    A dynasty dominates everyone, not just their conference.
    At this point the Chargers are more of a dynasty than the Packers.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I tried.
    :
    :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Remember the Packs record the last three years...
    2005: 4-12.
    2006: 8-8.
    2007: 13-3.

If they can do it through the draft, so can we. I believe in filling "unfillable" spots in the draft, but I still want to see the bulk of pur players come from a draft like we had last year.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Remember the Packs record the last three years...
    2005: 4-12.
    2006: 8-8.
    2007: 13-3.

If they can do it through the draft, so can we. I believe in filling "unfillable" spots in the draft, but I still want to see the bulk of pur players come from a draft like we had last year.
    Looking at the last two draft classes and then soon to be hitting their prime.. you purple folks are well on your way. We had a major advantage in the jump starting of the turnaround.. A veteran QB that still has it.

Patience my purple friend, patience.. I will say it from the wrong side of the state line.. the Vikings with a little growth at QB next year will be a force. A Jacksonville type team that you don't want to have to face.. if not for the Pats.. I swear that the Jags would be the AFC representative in teh Super Bowl this year.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

no team in the absolutely pathetic NFC can be a dynasty..samkon ga-i mean ryan grant 200 yards in a playoff game? eli manning 1 win from the superbowl? yah the nfc should probably just fold at this point, or become its own minor league for the afc
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast