Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Dynasty brewing in Green Bay?

I don't know about dynasty, but they sure seem to be building a contender.
    Rodgers was a very highly tauted QB coming from college...SF couldn't make up there mind between him and Smith for quite some time...or at least thats what they lead on.
    That, coupled with the way he has played given the little game time he has seen, just might show he is capable of at least moderatly filling the shoes of Favre.
    With the right players and coaching in place, the Packers future QB wouldn't necessarily have to be HOF worthy to produce a highly effective offense.

Puke.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Rodgers was a very highly tauted QB coming from college...SF couldn't make up there mind between him and Smith for quite some time...or at least thats what they lead on.
    That, coupled with the way he has played given the little game time he has seen, just might show he is capable of at least moderatly filling the shoes of Favre.
    With the right players and coaching in place, the Packers future QB wouldn't necessarily have to be HOF worthy to produce a highly effective offense.

Puke.
    My biggest concern is durability with Rodgers at this point followed by performance over an extended period. They built this team to be a defensive oriented team that could keep an offense in the game. We aren't there yet on Defense in my opinion but we are getting better.. plus we lack proven depth at CB yet.. and with Harris and Woodson on the wrong side of 30.. we need to resolve that this year.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"pack93z" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Puke.
    I wish the biggest concern with my beloved team was 2 aging CBs.

My biggest concern is durability with Rodgers at this point followed by performance over an extended period. They built this team to be a defensive oriented team that could keep an offense in the game. We aren't there yet on Defense in my opinion but we are getting better.. plus we lack proven depth at CB yet.. and with Harris and Woodson on the wrong side of 30.. we need to resolve that this year.

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Puke.
    I wish the biggest concern with my beloved team was 2 aging CBs.
    Oh we have more issues than that, depth at RB, DE, Oline still needs work.. etc... I am not buying this dynasty talk until they prove it on the field.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

The vapors of limited success wipe away reason and reality.

Potential to be a very good team in the future and certainly the team to beat in the NFCN, granted.
    But the NFCN is on the rise in general. And the Bears swept the Packers this season.

Dynasty is a bit presumptuous when you have won 1 superbowl in the last three decades.

This is a clear case of counting chickens before they hatch. And that's a dangerous proposition for an NFL fan.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    The vapors of limited success wipe away reason and reality.

Potential to be a very good team in the future and certainly the team to beat in the NFCN, granted.
    But the NFCN is on the rise in general. And the Bears swept the Packers this season.

Dynasty is a bit presumptuous when you have won 1 superbowl in the last three decades.

This is a clear case of counting chickens before they hatch. And that's a dangerous proposition for an NFL fan.
    100% agreed... and if a single Green Bay sports hack starts to print any of this garb.. they should be chased out of town.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

No dynasty.

Colts couldn't do it, repeat.

San Diego was suppose to be the up and comer a few years ago.

Packers will have to prove it.
    They can't be labeled such.
    They haven't even won the Super Bowl yet.

I will say that they will be a tough team to beat and that teams will mark their calendars when they will play the Pack.
    Everyone will be gunning for them.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

a young team yes but not a dynasty on the rise they stick out out in the weak NFC confrence. Next year's schedule may have something to say about that. 13-3 in the regular season I see a TOUGH schedule for the packers next years.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Absolutely no dynasty in Puke land whatsoever!!!!

The pack have to be the luckiest team in the NFL this year. Crappy division. Snowy day for the first playoff game against a crappy Seattle team. They will not be able to beat NY this week and even if they do, they will get pounded on by NE and I am talking 42-0 type of beating.

I think the Packers are set up to be the second best team in the NFC North for years to come.
    They have done well with their young offensive linemen and on defense, so they should be a solid team for awhile.

The question I have is how good will your team be if/when Favre does retire.
    The guy could probably play 5 more years and be okay, but he could quit at the end of the season.
    I know people there like what they've seen of Rogers, but until you get to see him in significant action - that is a larger number of games - I'm not sure how much it means.
    He could be okay, but I think it will probably be a huge step down.

And even if they are good, that doesn't mean they are going to win the Super Bowl.
    But they'll probably be fun for Packers fans to watch for a few years at least.
    Except for their annual 0-2 set against the Vikings (past two years were a fluke).
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast