Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Dynasty brewing in Green Bay?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApE_gT6uI6ixHUL8qCNWNq4H8sMF?slug=packdy nastybrewingingree&prov=tsn&type=lgns
    [size=14pt]Packers could dominate NFC for years[/size]
    Not long ago, the Packers were being widely criticized for refusing to embrace free agency and for stubbornly building through the draft.

Now, coach Mike McCarthy is on the verge of a big-money extension, and G.M. Ted Thompson is being hailed as a genius by publications like the Wall Street Journal.

More importantly, the roster features a nucleus of young, talented players who could very well place the Packers among the year-in, year-out elite in the NFC.

Ryan Grant emerged from a hodgepodge of halfbacks to become a legitimate threat in the running game, and second-year receiver Greg Jennings is poised to become one of the best wideouts in the league. The offensive line has plenty of youngsters, and tight end Donald Lee is just entering his prime.

Apart from the starting cornerbacks, Al Harris and Charles Woodson, the defensive players have plenty of good years left, especially if youngsters like Atari Bigby, A.J. Hawk and Nick Collins continue to improve.

The most intriguing aspect of the Packers is that they're led by an aging quarterback who, less than two years ago, didn't think the team was on the right track. But Brett Favre now is a believer. And not long after it looked as if Favre might want out because the rest of the team didn't do justice to his abilities, his ultimate departure could occur under the same circumstances, in reverse.

But before any of that happens, Favre might just add another Super Bowl ring. Or two.
    Notice the bolded portions of this article -- Isn't that what the Vikes are trying to do and keep catching heck from the fans?

And notice this piece in PFT:
    Owner Dan Rooney explains why the Steelers won't be big players in free agency:
    "We believe that if we bring a player up and bring him through our system, being in this organization, having the coaches train them the way we want, that's the way you develop a team."
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Dynasty brewing in Green Bay?

The packers also had a lot of luck this year. I look for them as next seasons bust.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I used to hang around Packerchatters.com for the past 2 seasons. There was so much venom and anger towards Ted Thompson is was unbelievable. When Free Agency would roll around and the Packers didn't sign any big names, there were people so mad- I don't think I had ever visited an angrier message board in my life.

But now look where it has gotten them. 2 victories away from another superbowl victory.

"There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit after reading that... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

I won't go into the whole Dynasty predictions because we are a long ways away from that.. we have potential to be a solid teams for a couple of years based on youth and depth at key positions.

However, even though in limited playing time Rodgers this year looked good.. he has to prove that he can play to that level over the long haul and stay healthy.. so far two extended playing times in games and two significant injuries.. not a good sign.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

They might be dominant right now, but dont forget that Favre is going to have to retire sometime and it will still be a step down to suddenly start Aaron Rodgers, also we have no idea how good Aaron Rodgers will be when teams starts gameplanning for him, he has never started a game..
    Its like saying the Vikings could dominate the NFC for years if Jackson suddenly at a pro bowl level.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

"happy" wrote:
    I used to hang around Packerchatters.com for the past 2 seasons. There was so much venom and anger towards Ted Thompson is was unbelievable. When Free Agency would roll around and the Packers didn't sign any big names, there were people so mad- I don't think I had ever visited an angrier message board in my life.

But now look where it has gotten them. 2 victories away from another superbowl victory.
    Those were some rough times to be a Packer fan.. alot of people still bicker about that very thing.. if the fans had their way Ted would have been bounced in April this year..

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

"pack93z" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:

Those were some rough times to be a Packer fan.. alot of people still bicker about that very thing.. if the fans had their way Ted would have been bounced in April this year..

Its Janaury 2008, April hasnt happened yet, Stupid Packer Fan
    ;D ;D ;D

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Don't you have to win a whole buttload of Super Bowls to be a dynasty?

"skum" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:

Its Janaury 2008, April hasnt happened yet, Stupid Packer Fan
    ;D ;D ;D
    LOL... year as in season.. ya got me on that one. Grrrrr.
    ;D

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast