Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,013

    Re: Drink the Kool Aid, Packer Fans...

    Yeah, Favre has played pretty well this year, but I don't think he's going to be able to make up for their deficiencies on defense this year!!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  2. #12
    GBFan is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    290

    Re: Drink the Kool Aid, Packer Fans...

    Pats lost 37-27 to the Aints...I mean Saints



    preseason is where you evaulate rookies, have players fighting for a roster spot, and veterans to just polish up on their skills a bit

    Packs starting D wasn't that bad, but they weren't great. They didn't have Hunt, Grady Jackson, or Harris playing. The real problem yesterdays game was their special teams.

  3. #13
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Drink the Kool Aid, Packer Fans...

    "GBFan" wrote:
    Pats lost 37-27 to the Aints...I mean Saints



    preseason is where you evaulate rookies, have players fighting for a roster spot, and veterans to just polish up on their skills a bit


    Packs starting D wasn't that bad, but they weren't great. They didn't have Hunt, Grady Jackson, or Harris playing. The real problem yesterdays game was their special teams.
    I agree with that statement.

    Some people have yet to learn that.

  4. #14
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Drink the Kool Aid, Packer Fans...

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "GBFan" wrote:
    Pats lost 37-27 to the Aints...I mean Saints



    preseason is where you evaulate rookies, have players fighting for a roster spot, and veterans to just polish up on their skills a bit


    Packs starting D wasn't that bad, but they weren't great. They didn't have Hunt, Grady Jackson, or Harris playing. The real problem yesterdays game was their special teams.
    I agree with that statement.

    Some people have yet to learn that.
    Yeah, I think we're being hypocritical here. We keep saying "it's only preseason, blah, blah, blah" about our own defensive and running woes yet we jump on the Pack cuz they lose two preseason games. Which is it guys? Don't get me wrong, I love watching them suck, but it is only preseason, and don't forget they started 1-4 last year and still beat us to the division crown. In the words of Han Solo: "Great kid, don't get cocky."

  5. #15
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: Drink the Kool Aid, Packer Fans...

    Yeah, let's wait until the regular season starts. THEN we can make fun of the fact that they suck. :lol:


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,232

    Re: Drink the Kool Aid, Packer Fans...

    "ltrey33" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "GBFan" wrote:
    Pats lost 37-27 to the Aints...I mean Saints



    preseason is where you evaulate rookies, have players fighting for a roster spot, and veterans to just polish up on their skills a bit


    Packs starting D wasn't that bad, but they weren't great. They didn't have Hunt, Grady Jackson, or Harris playing. The real problem yesterdays game was their special teams.
    I agree with that statement.

    Some people have yet to learn that.
    Yeah, I think we're being hypocritical here. We keep saying "it's only preseason, blah, blah, blah" about our own defensive and running woes yet we jump on the Pack cuz they lose two preseason games. Which is it guys? Don't get me wrong, I love watching them suck, but it is only preseason, and don't forget they started 1-4 last year and still beat us to the division crown. In the words of Han Solo: "Great kid, don't get cocky."
    some of us may be hypocritical. i'm still gonna call an orange an orange . and the truth be told the offencive line is simply offencive . the defencive line has put no pressure on opposing qbs . and the starting defence has been shut down against the run. not to mention the fumbles on punt returns and lack of anything special in the special teams

    but as for the packers , sure it's the preseason . but this also reflects the inability of the back ups . putting up 17 points in 2 games will not due , be preseason or the playoffs . you have'ta ramember that it's your back ups against thier back ups . so unless no one gets injured or tired then alot of these guys will end up on the playing field. it's not like there just downing the ball every play . if anything you'll see teams leading running the 2 minute drill . they are tring to score.

    they may not be the starters , but keep in mind while you watch them sucking it up , alot of them will end up on the field .

    http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

  7. #17
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Drink the Kool Aid, Packer Fans...

    "fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "GBFan" wrote:
    Pats lost 37-27 to the Aints...I mean Saints



    preseason is where you evaulate rookies, have players fighting for a roster spot, and veterans to just polish up on their skills a bit


    Packs starting D wasn't that bad, but they weren't great. They didn't have Hunt, Grady Jackson, or Harris playing. The real problem yesterdays game was their special teams.
    I agree with that statement.

    Some people have yet to learn that.
    Yeah, I think we're being hypocritical here. We keep saying "it's only preseason, blah, blah, blah" about our own defensive and running woes yet we jump on the Pack cuz they lose two preseason games. Which is it guys? Don't get me wrong, I love watching them suck, but it is only preseason, and don't forget they started 1-4 last year and still beat us to the division crown. In the words of Han Solo: "Great kid, don't get cocky."
    some of us may be hypocritical. i'm still gonna call an orange an orange . and the truth be told the offencive line is simply offencive . the defencive line has put no pressure on opposing qbs . and the starting defence has been shut down against the run. not to mention the fumbles on punt returns and lack of anything special in the special teams

    but as for the packers , sure it's the preseason . but this also reflects the inability of the back ups . putting up 17 points in 2 games will not due , be preseason or the playoffs . you have'ta ramember that it's your back ups against thier back ups . so unless no one gets injured or tired then alot of these guys will end up on the playing field. it's not like there just downing the ball every play . if anything you'll see teams leading running the 2 minute drill . they are tring to score.

    they may not be the starters , but keep in mind while you watch them sucking it up , alot of them will end up on the field .
    I agree that there is SOMETHING to be said about sucking in the preseason, but it is a long season. Seriously though, it's always nice to watch the Pack lose, regardless of what time of year it is.

  8. #18
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Drink the Kool Aid, Packer Fans...

    There is no way you can judge a teams quality by the way they perform in the preseason no way at all.

  9. #19
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Drink the Kool Aid, Packer Fans...

    You cannot really judge quality by the preseason, but you can get a slight feel for a team.
    I think it seems that the Packers starting defense has already thrown in the towell this year ... they look that bad and seem not to care at all ... a lot of people don't care in preseason, but they end up paying in the regular season when they look this heartless.
    Favre on the other hand has looked quite good and the offense has not looked bad at all.
    I still don't think they have a shot at us, but I don't think you can learn a whole hell of a lot from the preseason either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Bye Week Kool-Aid
    By Redmption in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 06:38 PM
  2. Vikings fans drink lots of beer
    By Pmak in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 04:53 PM
  3. Where have all the Packer Fans Gone?
    By Kleinsasser40 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 01:01 PM
  4. Why do packer fans come here
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 02:04 PM
  5. Kinda Kool
    By in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 08:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •