Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Did anyone else notice this?

"trippster" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:
    Ya know, the stats don't really show a huge difference when you average the attempts.

296? BFD. It was one game. and if 8 games don't mean much (in some of your eyes) then one certianly doesn't.

Besides if that is the logic (looking for straws to support a house) then Grant has more playoff yards than AP, plus he has 200 in one playoff game. Whoop de doo!

Some on this thread were discounting Grant as being a fluke.
    I seriously doubt that many defenses were game planning against Ryan Grant (as they were for Adrian Peterson).
    Grant is a decent back...no more.
    To attempt to put him in Adrian Peterson's class is foolish...but then you ARE a Green Bay Packers fan, so 'nuff said.
    Who the hell put him in AP's class? My God people! You all started throwing around AP's numbers, not me. He averages 1/2 yard more
    per rush for the season than grant. BFD!!!

Marinate on that.

And just for the record, I think Delviking said it best. one game, one season does not a great player make. So at this point I would say that Both grant and AP have to back up their solid performances from last year.

As long as I back up last night's solid performance with your mom I'll be the man.
    No joke.

I kid, I kid.....
    You seem like a pretty decent poster...for a Packer fan that is.
    ;D

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"trippster" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:
    Ya know, the stats don't really show a huge difference when you average the attempts.

296? BFD. It was one game. and if 8 games don't mean much (in some of your eyes) then one certianly doesn't.

Besides if that is the logic (looking for straws to support a house) then Grant has more playoff yards than AP, plus he has 200 in one playoff game. Whoop de doo!

I seriously doubt that many defenses were game planning against Ryan Grant (as they were for Adrian Peterson).
    To attempt to put him in Adrian Peterson's class is foolish...but then you ARE a Green Bay Packers fan, so 'nuff said.
    Who the hell put him in AP's class? My God people! You all started throwing around AP's numbers, not me. He averages 1/2 yard more

Marinate on that.

And just for the record, I think Delviking said it best. one game, one season does not a great player make. So at this point I would say that Both grant and AP have to back up their solid performances from last year.

AP was a known quantity coming out of college...he hardly has the need to prove himself next season.
    The ONLY thing at this point that will stop AP in injury...otherwise expect more of the same as last season.
    His showing in the Pro Bowl against the elite of the NFL cemented the fact that he is one of the top RBs in the game.
    Grant, on the other hand, DOES have a lot to prove next season, especially given the fact that Brett Favre won't be there to take the brunt of the opposing defenses' attention away from the running game.
    I personally don't expect Grant to be up to the task (I expect him to be more like a Samkon Gado...a flash in the pan).
    Just my opinion, of course.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

AP had
    a "solid" performance last year??
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    El underdog.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"trippster" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:

Marinate on that.

There is more than one poster over at pf.com who seems to think that Grant will outperform AD this season...
    I think that the odds of that happening are about as good as me winning the lottery.
    It could happen, but I am certainly not expecting it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:

Marinate on that.

There is more than one poster over at pf.com who seems to think that Grant will outperform AD this season...
    I think that the odds of that happening are about as good as me winning the lottery.
    In that case, my sympathies for you never winning the lottery, Nodak.
    There's always Social Security though...wait, I take that back.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:

Marinate on that.

LOL>

No, I plan on sponging off from my kids when I am old and retired.
    Hey - I am paying for them for the first 22 years of their life, they can pay for me for my last 22.

(Just kidding)
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

trippster is offline Training Camp

"Zeus" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Adrian Peterson: 238 rushes for 1341 yards
    Chester Taylor: 157 rushes for 844 yards
    Mewelde Moore: 20 rushes for 113 yards

Ryan Grant: 188 rushes for 956 yards
    Brandon Jackson: 75 rushes for 267 yards
    Vernand Morency: 29 rushes for 108 yards
    wow...

Petersen 5.63 ypc average
    Grant
    5.08 ypc average.

Whoopie. A whole half a yard.

As far as the total goes, how many wins did those bring you? And since when did this become a Petersen vs. Grant conversation? I simply said that Grant is good and was pointing out to some unknowledgable points that he does not "suck".
    Well, duh - of course that's what's going to happen, Tripp!

I think you'd like the magnetic bumper sticker I have for my car:

"My other ride is your mom."

=Z=
    Hey! My mom is dead, so get off her!
    :P
    12 Championships with more on the way. GoPackGo!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    [quote author=trippster link=topic=44490.msg781713#msg781713 date=1211307239]

Marinate on that.

LOL>

No, I plan on sponging off from my kids when I am old and retired.
    Hey - I am paying for them for the first 22 years of their life, they can pay for me for my last 22.

(Just kidding)
    [/quote]

Yeah, but don't forget about YOUR parents' plans to sponge off of YOU for THEIR last 22 years.

trippster is offline Training Camp

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:

Marinate on that.

I doubt that would happen too. The only way would be for Grant to get a lot of touches and AP shares a lot of touches with your other running back. But realisticly what idiot coach would do that???

Oh wait, nevermind.
    12 Championships with more on the way. GoPackGo!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:

Marinate on that.

AP was a known quantity coming out of college...he hardly has the need to prove himself next season.
    The ONLY thing at this point that will stop AP in injury...otherwise expect more of the same as last season.
    His showing in the Pro Bowl against the elite of the NFL cemented the fact that he is one of the top RBs in the game.
    Grant, on the other hand, DOES have a lot to prove next season, especially given the fact that Brett Favre won't be there to take the brunt of the opposing defenses' attention away from the running game.
    I personally don't expect Grant to be up to the task (I expect him to be more like a Samkon Gado...a flash in the pan).
    Just my opinion, of course.
    A very good opinion.

Hey by the way what ever happened to the great multi pro bowler Ahman Green? What has he done since leaving Favre?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456