Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Did anyone else notice this?

"trippster" wrote:

Come on now. He was the second leading rusher in the last 8 games of the season behond only Ladanian Tomlinson. How can that be bad? how can that be a fluke? I guess with that logic, I can say that Petersen's season was a fluke too. Oh, and he can't remain healthy either? Doesn't make sense.

Grant also backed up his last half of the season with a 200yd effort against seattle in the playoffs. Maybe a fluke, but I sincerely doubt it.

we got a RB in the second round last year in Brandon Jackson. there was no need for another RB to be drafted.
    You got to love how he only includes the last 8 games of the season, which happened to be his best 8. When you look at the full season, Grant finished 19th in the rushing leaders category.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

trippster is offline Training Camp

"singersp" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:

Come on now. He was the second leading rusher in the last 8 games of the season behond only Ladanian Tomlinson. How can that be bad? how can that be a fluke? I guess with that logic, I can say that Petersen's season was a fluke too. Oh, and he can't remain healthy either? Doesn't make sense.

Grant also backed up his last half of the season with a 200yd effort against seattle in the playoffs. Maybe a fluke, but I sincerely doubt it.

we got a RB in the second round last year in Brandon Jackson. there was no need for another RB to be drafted.
    You got to love how he only includes the last 8 games of the season, which happened to be his best 8. When you look at the full season, Grant finished 19th in the rushing leaders category.
    Get your facts straight. He didn't play in the begining of the season.
    12 Championships with more on the way. GoPackGo!

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"trippster" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:

come back and talk 2 us about Ryan Grant when and if he plays a full season

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"trippster" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:

Neither of those guys is any Adrian Peterson though (well, maybe the Chicago version).
    That works good for me...especially once the Vikes DL starts putting Aaron Rodgers on his back time and time again.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:

Neither of those guys is any Adrian Peterson though (well, maybe the Chicago version).
    That works good for me...especially once the Vikes DL starts putting Aaron Rodgers on his back time and time again.
    no one said they were. At least not me. AP is special, when healthy. But as Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, and last year Adrian Petersen proved,
    one good/great runner does not guarantee any kind of winning team.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"trippster" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:

Do you have any football knowledge?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7635/gamelog;_ylt=Ag0qLEng_bD59JvjdwN5Mk7.uLYF

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Adrian Peterson: 238 rushes for 1341 yards
    Chester Taylor: 157 rushes for 844 yards
    Mewelde Moore: 20 rushes for 113 yards

Ryan Grant: 188 rushes for 956 yards
    Brandon Jackson: 75 rushes for 267 yards
    Vernand Morency: 29 rushes for 108 yards

"marstc09" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7635/gamelog;_ylt=Ag0qLEng_bD59JvjdwN5Mk7.uLYF
    Apparently and with much more analytical skills than you too. he had a total of 6 rushes in the first 7 weeks. We got him from the giants as the season started. he didn't even start a game til the 8th week. That is why he is always compared by only 8 weeks.

In the games he started he was one of the best in the league.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"marstc09" wrote:
    Adrian Peterson: 238 rushes for 1341 yards
    Chester Taylor: 157 rushes for 844 yards
    Mewelde Moore: 20 rushes for 113 yards

Ryan Grant: 188 rushes for 956 yards
    Brandon Jackson: 75 rushes for 267 yards
    Vernand Morency: 29 rushes for 108 yards
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"trippster" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:

Apparently and with much more analytical skills than you too. he had a total of 6 rushes in the first 7 weeks. We got him from the giants as the season started. he didn't even start a game til the 8th week. That is why he is always compared by only 8 weeks.

In the games he started he was one of the best in the league.
    But you said... and I quote.... "He didn't play in the begining of the season."

And you just said, yes, in fact he did... so that's his point. You don't even know these "facts" you're dribbling out.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast