Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60
  1. #21
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Did anyone else notice this?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    I am not that surprised by the Packers moves actually. I mean I would love to bag on them but these moves make since.
    They are going to need SOMEONE to back up Rodgers after all. And Brohm is a GREAT pick. If Rodgers goes down, or is not all there this season, they have someone to turn to in the future. At worst, Brohm looks good in camp, preseason and all and they have a solid commodity in a tradable QB.
    Flynn is a lock to be the No. 3 and emergency filler. And is not terrible in that role. I mean if you are down to your third QB on the season then you probably are not feeling good about your chances anyways.
    Jordy will likely be a special teams guy and end up being their No. 4 if they cut Koren.
    I don't think they had a SPECTACULAR draft, but they were not that bad really.
    I am not suprised either.

    This pick in no way unseats or jeopordizes Rodgers role as the starting QB in GB.
    What it does do is give the PUKERS a damn good QB on thier roster that they can groom in the system to take over for Rodgers should he get hurt or leave for a bigger contract in the out years.

    Again, every team should be doing this.
    Heck, even the Colts drafted a QB this year. You think Manning or Sorgi are worried about thier jobs?
    I am surprised. I think Ryan Grants year was a fluke and thought they might take a RB with their first pick or at least somewhere early. With Farve gone the Packers running game will suffer. Save this quote.

  2. #22
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Did anyone else notice this?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    He should stop being his own agent for starters
    I hope not! Its just one more area that he's failing in, him failing as his own agent only makes him more pathetic!
    ;D
    He got himself signed to both Miami & Oakland on his own didn't he?

    With the exception of 2003 when he got a $10 mil signing bonus with the Vikings, he made more money in Miami than in any year with the Vikings.


    The Oakland deal brought him more money than 4 of 6 years with the Vikings as well.

    http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/playerdetail.aspx?lname=C&player=492

    I wouldn't scoff at that at all.

    His agent was a piece of pooh.

    Nah, the Vikings front office is just that much smarter...

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  3. #23
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: Did anyone else notice this?

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    I am not that surprised by the Packers moves actually. I mean I would love to bag on them but these moves make since.
    They are going to need SOMEONE to back up Rodgers after all. And Brohm is a GREAT pick. If Rodgers goes down, or is not all there this season, they have someone to turn to in the future. At worst, Brohm looks good in camp, preseason and all and they have a solid commodity in a tradable QB.
    Flynn is a lock to be the No. 3 and emergency filler. And is not terrible in that role. I mean if you are down to your third QB on the season then you probably are not feeling good about your chances anyways.
    Jordy will likely be a special teams guy and end up being their No. 4 if they cut Koren.
    I don't think they had a SPECTACULAR draft, but they were not that bad really.
    I am not suprised either.

    This pick in no way unseats or jeopordizes Rodgers role as the starting QB in GB.
    What it does do is give the PUKERS a damn good QB on thier roster that they can groom in the system to take over for Rodgers should he get hurt or leave for a bigger contract in the out years.

    Again, every team should be doing this.
    Heck, even the Colts drafted a QB this year. You think Manning or Sorgi are worried about thier jobs?
    I am surprised. I think Ryan Grants year was a fluke and thought they might take a RB with their first pick or at least somewhere early. With Farve gone the Packers running game will suffer. Save this quote.
    I agree! Ryan Grant is gonna suck!

  4. #24
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Did anyone else notice this?

    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    He's made a lot of money with no career.....but he is also running out of desperate teams and more money than they know what to do with.
    I don't think $35 million is a lot for 8 years in the NFL, for a starting QB for most of them. Not by todays NFL standards.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #25
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,779

    Re: Did anyone else notice this?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    He's made a lot of money with no career.....but he is also running out of desperate teams and more money than they know what to do with.
    I don't think $35 million is a lot for 8 years in the NFL, for a starting QB for most of them. Not by todays NFL standards.
    No I'm talking about the 11 million in the last 2 years with 11 games played 10 starts.
    He's not going to get starter money or a big bonus this year, IMO.
    Raiders already had him

  6. #26
    trippster's Avatar
    trippster is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    42

    Re: Did anyone else notice this?

    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    I am not that surprised by the Packers moves actually. I mean I would love to bag on them but these moves make since.
    They are going to need SOMEONE to back up Rodgers after all. And Brohm is a GREAT pick. If Rodgers goes down, or is not all there this season, they have someone to turn to in the future. At worst, Brohm looks good in camp, preseason and all and they have a solid commodity in a tradable QB.
    Flynn is a lock to be the No. 3 and emergency filler. And is not terrible in that role. I mean if you are down to your third QB on the season then you probably are not feeling good about your chances anyways.
    Jordy will likely be a special teams guy and end up being their No. 4 if they cut Koren.
    I don't think they had a SPECTACULAR draft, but they were not that bad really.
    I am not suprised either.

    This pick in no way unseats or jeopordizes Rodgers role as the starting QB in GB.
    What it does do is give the PUKERS a gol 'darnit good QB on thier roster that they can groom in the system to take over for Rodgers should he get hurt or leave for a bigger contract in the out years.

    Again, every team should be doing this.
    Heck, even the Colts drafted a QB this year. You think Manning or Sorgi are worried about thier jobs?
    I am surprised. I think Ryan Grants year was a fluke and thought they might take a RB with their first pick or at least somewhere early. With Farve gone the Packers running game will suffer. Save this quote.
    I agree! Ryan Grant is gonna suck!
    Come on now. He was the second leading rusher in the last 8 games of the season behond only Ladanian Tomlinson. How can that be bad? how can that be a fluke? I guess with that logic, I can say that Petersen's season was a fluke too. Oh, and he can't remain healthy either? Doesn't make sense.

    Grant also backed up his last half of the season with a 200yd effort against seattle in the playoffs. Maybe a fluke, but I sincerely doubt it.

    we got a RB in the second round last year in Brandon Jackson. there was no need for another RB to be drafted.
    12 Championships with more on the way. GoPackGo!

  7. #27
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Did anyone else notice this?

    "trippster" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    I am not that surprised by the Packers moves actually. I mean I would love to bag on them but these moves make since.
    They are going to need SOMEONE to back up Rodgers after all. And Brohm is a GREAT pick. If Rodgers goes down, or is not all there this season, they have someone to turn to in the future. At worst, Brohm looks good in camp, preseason and all and they have a solid commodity in a tradable QB.
    Flynn is a lock to be the No. 3 and emergency filler. And is not terrible in that role. I mean if you are down to your third QB on the season then you probably are not feeling good about your chances anyways.
    Jordy will likely be a special teams guy and end up being their No. 4 if they cut Koren.
    I don't think they had a SPECTACULAR draft, but they were not that bad really.
    I am not suprised either.

    This pick in no way unseats or jeopordizes Rodgers role as the starting QB in GB.
    What it does do is give the PUKERS a gol 'darnit good QB on thier roster that they can groom in the system to take over for Rodgers should he get hurt or leave for a bigger contract in the out years.

    Again, every team should be doing this.
    Heck, even the Colts drafted a QB this year. You think Manning or Sorgi are worried about thier jobs?
    I am surprised. I think Ryan Grants year was a fluke and thought they might take a RB with their first pick or at least somewhere early. With Farve gone the Packers running game will suffer. Save this quote.
    I agree! Ryan Grant is gonna suck!
    Come on now. He was the second leading rusher in the last 8 games of the season behond only Ladanian Tomlinson. How can that be bad? how can that be a fluke? I guess with that logic, I can say that Petersen's season was a fluke too. Oh, and he can't remain healthy either? Doesn't make sense.

    Grant also backed up his last half of the season with a 200yd effort against seattle in the playoffs. Maybe a fluke, but I sincerely doubt it.

    we got a RB in the second round last year in Brandon Jackson. there was no need for another RB to be drafted.
    You fail to understand the concept that Favre is a great QB that put fear into defenses and their coordinators. Will he suck? Probably not. Will he be as good as last year? Absolutely not.

  8. #28
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,234

    Re: Did anyone else notice this?

    "trippster" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    I am not that surprised by the Packers moves actually. I mean I would love to bag on them but these moves make since.
    They are going to need SOMEONE to back up Rodgers after all. And Brohm is a GREAT pick. If Rodgers goes down, or is not all there this season, they have someone to turn to in the future. At worst, Brohm looks good in camp, preseason and all and they have a solid commodity in a tradable QB.
    Flynn is a lock to be the No. 3 and emergency filler. And is not terrible in that role. I mean if you are down to your third QB on the season then you probably are not feeling good about your chances anyways.
    Jordy will likely be a special teams guy and end up being their No. 4 if they cut Koren.
    I don't think they had a SPECTACULAR draft, but they were not that bad really.
    I am not suprised either.

    This pick in no way unseats or jeopordizes Rodgers role as the starting QB in GB.
    What it does do is give the PUKERS a gol 'darnit good QB on thier roster that they can groom in the system to take over for Rodgers should he get hurt or leave for a bigger contract in the out years.

    Again, every team should be doing this.
    Heck, even the Colts drafted a QB this year. You think Manning or Sorgi are worried about thier jobs?
    I am surprised. I think Ryan Grants year was a fluke and thought they might take a RB with their first pick or at least somewhere early. With Farve gone the Packers running game will suffer. Save this quote.
    I agree! Ryan Grant is gonna suck!
    Come on now. He was the second leading rusher in the last 8 games of the season behond only Ladanian Tomlinson. How can that be bad? how can that be a fluke? I guess with that logic, I can say that Petersen's season was a fluke too. Oh, and he can't remain healthy either? Doesn't make sense.

    Grant also backed up his last half of the season with a 200yd effort against seattle in the playoffs. Maybe a fluke, but I sincerely doubt it.

    we got a RB in the second round last year in Brandon Jackson. there was no need for another RB to be drafted.
    I'm just gonna quote myself out of laziness.

    2. Since Favre left their offense is starting at square 1 again. The Packers will no longer run a spread offense 60% of time. They will have to commit more blockers, as they no longer have one of the best all time 'reading and reacting' and getting the ball out in 2 seconds. I think the packs faltering offense is something everyone over looks this year, but it seems inevitable. No way, no how, anyone in the league today could play in that system with such poor blocking, like Favre did last year. No one in you're offense has ever amounted to anything in their career without Favre.
    Their running game only worked because Favre had the defence (some Canadian for you) spread out all over the field in 4 wr sets and used misdirection all game. The odd time they decided to run the RB could walk up the gut. This will not happen with Rodgers.

    Now the Packers fans will remember what it's like to be held accountable for having a sub-par team. No way the cheese make it passed 7 wins next year.
    It's easy to run when no one was trying to stop the run.

  9. #29
    trippster's Avatar
    trippster is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    42

    Re: Did anyone else notice this?

    Gee, I guess your right. It was all Favre. McCarthy had nothing to do with the 5 wides and spread offense. And no way would he do that with Rodgers at the helm. Oh wait, he DID do that with Rodgers in Dallas.

    MM has repeatedly said that the offense will not change much at all this year. And now with Jordy Nelson as the 4th reciever I would even expect more 4 wides this year.

    Furthermore, the packers passed all the time in the begining of the season when they couldn't get the running game going. once they got it going (Grant) they passed less and had a more common offensive package.
    12 Championships with more on the way. GoPackGo!

  10. #30
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Did anyone else notice this?

    "trippster" wrote:
    Gee, I guess your right. It was all Favre. McCarthy had nothing to do with the 5 wides and spread offense. And no way would he do that with Rodgers at the helm. Oh wait, he DID do that with Rodgers in Dallas.

    MM has repeatedly said that the offense will not change much at all this year. And now with Jordy Nelson as the 4th reciever I would even expect more 4 wides this year.

    Furthermore, the packers passed all the time in the begining of the season when they couldn't get the running game going. once they got it going (Grant) they passed less and had a more common offensive package.
    Against who? Thats right a soft 2nd team. Impressive. See ya in September.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone else notice this? BAL vs. NYJ PRs...
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-2010, 12:23 AM
  2. anyone notice...
    By duvaldomo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 04:27 PM
  3. Anyone else notice...
    By Ltrey33 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 10:35 PM
  4. Did anybody else notice?
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 07:03 PM
  5. anyone notice?
    By RK. in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 03:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •