Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The decline and fall of Green Bay

Little article from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel online
    http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/may05/325004.asp

and the classic quote From Al Harris ..

Added cornerback Al Harris: "Minnesota had a good off-season, but they had a good off-season last year, know what I mean. They did a good job picking up players, but it all comes down to what you do in the 16 weeks.

"And I just don't see that they've passed us. I just don't see that. We've got a premier quarterback, premier running back, receivers. How? How? And we can't be worse on defense."

Course you don't see it Al.. hence why you should check into the opticians for a checkup .... I've heard of looking at things through green coloured glasses but he takes the top prize for Delusional player in a green and gold jersey :lol:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Del Rio Guest

Re: The decline and fall of Green Bay

He is right to a point. But he is Al Harris so you gotta know you aren't going to get the best information from him :grin:

The one thing GB will have going for them is they seem to be getting the underdog status. This could pull them together as a team, and create a us against the world type of attitude. With Favre and the people they do have that could be a very bad thing for us.

If they get motivated and some cohesion they will be tough.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Well, right now being good on paper doesn't mean sh*t. We WILL have to prove it on the field. Hell we've had more talent than the Packers since '98, but still.

That being said, seeing as how they are not playing games right now, all we can do is compare on paper.

And on paper the Packers are in the bottom third of the league.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

tjg07 is offline Training Camp

"Del Rio" wrote:
    He is right to a point. But he is Al Harris so you gotta know you aren't going to get the best information from him :grin:

The one thing GB will have going for them is they seem to be getting the underdog status. This could pull them together as a team, and create a us against the world type of attitude. With Favre and the people they do have that could be a very bad thing for us.

If they get motivated and some cohesion they will be tough.
    if farve stops ripping his wideout

Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach

al harris will be shown the light during the season!

Del Rio Guest

I think when game time rolls around it wont the Favre/Walker bickering will not be an issue. He has been in the league too long to let that interfere with his teams dynamic come game time.

I am not fond of taunting an old dog, his teeth may not be as sharp but he knows where to latch on. :grin:

I dislike Favre as a competetor but I have a smidge of respect for what he has done, and what he is capable of doing albeit not consistantly anymore.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

He saw this, however :lol:

And this here

Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Al Harris says we haven't passed them, huh? Well, it must be gospel then. Someone call the Vikes front office and tell them we'll just have to wait another year, 'cuz Al Harris says we aren't there yet.

Seriously, I hope they blow that quote up and paste it in the Locker room for all to see...especially before a GB game. Our new slogan can be, "Whip Whoopie!!".

Caine

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I was listening to ESPN radio last night and heard them say that Philly was still the NFC frontrunner, followed by Atlanta and Minnesota.

I have to agree to a point...Minnesota has improved on paper. But, we have to see it on the field over a season.

I will admit you have improved. But as long as you have Mike Tice you can never count Green Bay out of a division championship, even if we go 7-9!
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

With T.O. crying about more money you gotta think the Eagles will suffer somewhat if he holds out and doesn't play. And with the voodoo kurse bringing misfortune to the guy on the Madden cover.. the Eagles just may the ones who their wings clipped further more :twisted:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast