Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: darn the packers are looking Good already!!!! post if you agree

"Mr" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    I still get a chuckle every time I see the title to this thread.
    Well, I have to admit, calling the Packers a good team after a 6-10 season with nearly no FA additions is quite a longshot. Especially if you're changing defensive schemes. I do, however, have alot of faith in Dom Capers. If there's anyone who can teach these guys how to play in a 3-4 fast, it will be him.

If we get a pash rush, I'm sure we'll be ok. I know we'll play alot of zone (Like Matt showed on his Madden game), but what about combo-packages? Dom was pretty outspoken about fitting the scheme around our players. If press man-to-man coverage is the strength of our corners, why not let them go one on one, while our LBs and Safetys play zone/blitz. Ofcourse, mixing it up with some full zone. And another thing that most people forget about is that we'll be running a Cardinals-like defense. We'll have a 4-man front pretty often.

Our offense can get the job done if we get a decent O-line at least. Grant might not be a Peterson, obviously, but he can get the job done with some blocking. Same goes for Jackson and Wynn (If he'll work hard). Rodgers is the best QB in our division, although he does get a little erratic with his throws from time to time. Especially late in the game. Our receiving core is great.

I truly think that we can go somewhere this season with some good drafting. Maybe sign another player to step in at DE, NT, OLB or OT when needed or trade for one (If Thompson would give up a draft pick, that is). A season with a winning record should be a possibility.

PS. I might be a little biased.
    Good post dude. There are quite a bit of "ifs" in there to accomplish in the remainder of one offseason, realistically I don't see the Packers breaking .500 this season.
    Well, yes. Alot of my problems are with unproven players moreso than not having any capable bodys at some positions.

For instance, I mentioned DE and NT. We do have a couple of guys for those positions, it's just that I doubt they'll fit very well. I'm not on the coaching staff though, so there's no way for me to check on their progress.

At DE we have Johnny Jolly, Cullen Jenkins, Michael Montgomery, Bustin' Harrell and Alfred Malone. We're pretty much set if Harrell can stay healthy, Montgomery can gain some weigth and/or Malone is actually a good player. Add a 'late' draft pick to that (Thinking Fili Moala here) and we're set. Problem is, you can't count on that.

Same goes for NT. Ryan Pickett, Fred Bledsoe and some guy who I forgot about for a sec. Ryan , I'm afraid, won't be a very good NT. But that's just me. That's a reason for me to put down that we need some assistance. For all we know, he's pancaking all kinds of O-linemen. Fred Bledsoe seems to be a really well hidden gem after being out of college for a year afted being caught with marijuana in college. Again, a position that might both surprise or dissappoint.

What I'm trying to say really is that I have no clue how we're going to do, I guess. And again, alot of 'Ifs' like in my first post. It's one big mystery so far.

Just remember this. It's still nearly the same defense as it was two years ago. Would we not have lost 3 D-lineman last year (KGB, Cullen Jenkins and Corey Williams), it would've still been an average defense at worst instead of a horrible one. Jenkins will be back and the only thing we really need is someone opposite of Kampman.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    Well, yes. Alot of my problems are with unproven players moreso than not having any capable bodys at some positions.

For instance, I mentioned DE and NT. We do have a couple of guys for those positions, it's just that I doubt they'll fit very well. I'm not on the coaching staff though, so there's no way for me to check on their progress.

At DE we have Johnny Jolly, Cullen Jenkins, Michael Montgomery, Bustin' Harrell and Alfred Malone. We're pretty much set if Harrell can stay healthy, Montgomery can gain some weigth and/or Malone is actually a good player. Add a 'late' draft pick to that (Thinking Fili Moala here) and we're set. Problem is, you can't count on that.

Same goes for NT. Ryan Pickett, Fred Bledsoe and some guy who I forgot about for a sec. Ryan , I'm afraid, won't be a very good NT. But that's just me. That's a reason for me to put down that we need some assistance. For all we know, he's pancaking all kinds of O-linemen. Fred Bledsoe seems to be a really well hidden gem after being out of college for a year afted being caught with marijuana in college. Again, a position that might both surprise or dissappoint.

What I'm trying to say really is that I have no clue how we're going to do, I guess. And again, alot of 'Ifs' like in my first post. It's one big mystery so far.

Just remember this. It's still nearly the same defense as it was two years ago. Would we not have lost 3 D-lineman last year (KGB, Cullen Jenkins and Corey Williams), it would've still been an average defense at worst instead of a horrible one. Jenkins will be back and the only thing we really need is someone opposite of Kampman.
    I tried to make that point with Pack about your players and how well they would fit in the 3-4.
    He seemed to think they would.

I'm wondering who is right here.

My guess is you and I as I saw a few articles of late that has a few of your "Better" defensive players not happy.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Well, I have to admit, calling the Packers a good team after a 6-10 season with nearly no FA additions is quite a longshot. Especially if you're changing defensive schemes. I do, however, have alot of faith in Dom Capers. If there's anyone who can teach these guys how to play in a 3-4 fast, it will be him.

If we get a pash rush, I'm sure we'll be ok. I know we'll play alot of zone (Like Matt showed on his Madden game), but what about combo-packages? Dom was pretty outspoken about fitting the scheme around our players. If press man-to-man coverage is the strength of our corners, why not let them go one on one, while our LBs and Safetys play zone/blitz. Ofcourse, mixing it up with some full zone. And another thing that most people forget about is that we'll be running a Cardinals-like defense. We'll have a 4-man front pretty often.

Our offense can get the job done if we get a decent O-line at least. Grant might not be a Peterson, obviously, but he can get the job done with some blocking. Same goes for Jackson and Wynn (If he'll work hard). Rodgers is the best QB in our division, although he does get a little erratic with his throws from time to time. Especially late in the game. Our receiving core is great.

I truly think that we can go somewhere this season with some good drafting. Maybe sign another player to step in at DE, NT, OLB or OT when needed or trade for one (If Thompson would give up a draft pick, that is). A season with a winning record should be a possibility.

Rock... keep making posts like this and I will be able to take a vacation.. lol.

This year for the Packers could go either way.. we need to win early and gain some confidence as a team.
    Thats all I need.
    Two PUKER fans crawling up the spreadsheet faster than most Vikings fans.......ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH.
    Time to burn the spreadsheet.
    [size=20pt]ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH.[/size]

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:

Rock... keep making posts like this and I will be able to take a vacation.. lol.

This year for the Packers could go either way.. we need to win early and gain some confidence as a team.
    Thats all I need.
    Two PUKER fans crawling up the spreadsheet faster than most Vikings fans.......ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH.
    [size=20pt]ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH.[/size]

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:
    [quote author=jkjuggalo link=topic=51096.msg927366#msg927366 date=1238116255]

Thats all I need.
    Marr.. doubleposting... you just went down a few columns in the 'ol spreadsheet
    LOL, its the servers fault....... ;D
    [/quote]

out of all the things:
    School systems, Cops, Gun Policy, NAFTA, Bush, Obama and oil you blame the servers?
    Weak... :P

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567