Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: darn the packers are looking Good already!!!! post if you agree

"Mattwaukee" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    Reality is, we have no idea how this defense will shape up for the Packers this season, hell the new coaching staff is just getting a look at most of the personnel first hand this week.

What gives Packer fans hope is Dom has orchestrated such a conversion already in his career with success, check out the Jags history for proof. But what is fact as he ran a mixed bag of fronts that year as well.. 3 and 4 man fronts with varying set of backers behind them.

Playing defense in the box isn't rocket science, while I wouldn't pretend it should be easy, it is not as complex as some wish it to be.

If a Packer fan was in tune with the team, they would care less about the front alignment and more about the fact that we are going to vary away from the straight pressure man that we have played for years. While I agree that we have to do it and vary up the backend calls, it should be cautioned that Harris has shown struggle in play a true zone.. and the younger players have been groomed to date in this concept.. it won't affect the safeties as much as it will the corners and playing in space rather than trail..

While I have concerns about point of attack issues in playing the run with either 4 or 3 man fronts.. I personally am more concerned with seeing this secondary group adjust to the zone looks..

there is barely anything about capers Defense that is just a "true zone", which i identify as a tampa 2 cover 2 team......

there are so many different schematic ways that they do things in the 3-4 that LeBeau, cower and capers run that there are tons of man blitzes along with zone blitzes and so fourth......

this is a play that i like to show that is a very popular thing to do out of the 3-4

[img width=450 height=337]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/253/reviews/945504_20080910_embed030.jpg[/img]

you can see the LCB (harris) is in the flats so he gets to press

all the LBs are blitzing except MLB (hook zone)

and there is three deep coverage over the top

the FS (collins) is in his deep middle like all last year...

and the RCB (woodson) is in a deep third which he also did a lot of last year, when they played cover 4

so really 3-4 is not exactly like a team that runs cover 2 and cover 3 exclusively

even tho they will use those for no rush and all coverage situations
    Is that a middle linebacker with his hand on the ground at the LDE position?
    Basically 3-4 personnel running a 4-3, cover 3, rushing 5 with zone underneath.

At least that's what I assume.

And I only count 9 on offense, are there twp receivers split right? Or a second one off screen to the left? Either way I feel there's going to be easy opportunities to get open in the flat.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mr" wrote:
    "Mattwaukee" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    Reality is, we have no idea how this defense will shape up for the Packers this season, hell the new coaching staff is just getting a look at most of the personnel first hand this week.

What gives Packer fans hope is Dom has orchestrated such a conversion already in his career with success, check out the Jags history for proof. But what is fact as he ran a mixed bag of fronts that year as well.. 3 and 4 man fronts with varying set of backers behind them.

Playing defense in the box isn't rocket science, while I wouldn't pretend it should be easy, it is not as complex as some wish it to be.

If a Packer fan was in tune with the team, they would care less about the front alignment and more about the fact that we are going to vary away from the straight pressure man that we have played for years. While I agree that we have to do it and vary up the backend calls, it should be cautioned that Harris has shown struggle in play a true zone.. and the younger players have been groomed to date in this concept.. it won't affect the safeties as much as it will the corners and playing in space rather than trail..

While I have concerns about point of attack issues in playing the run with either 4 or 3 man fronts.. I personally am more concerned with seeing this secondary group adjust to the zone looks..

there is barely anything about capers Defense that is just a "true zone", which i identify as a tampa 2 cover 2 team......

there are so many different schematic ways that they do things in the 3-4 that LeBeau, cower and capers run that there are tons of man blitzes along with zone blitzes and so fourth......

this is a play that i like to show that is a very popular thing to do out of the 3-4

[img width=450 height=337]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/253/reviews/945504_20080910_embed030.jpg[/img]

and the RCB (woodson) is in a deep third which he also did a lot of last year, when they played cover 4

so really 3-4 is not exactly like a team that runs cover 2 and cover 3 exclusively

And I only count 9 on offense, are there twp receivers split right? Or a second one off screen to the left? Either way I feel there's going to be easy opportunities to get open in the flat.
    Hey, if you are confused, can you imagine how confused the PUKERS are....... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mattwaukee is offline Training Camp

it's called a zone blitz

it's not cover three....it's a similar schematic but it's not cover three ......it's rolling the coverage to the Left, usually used for speedy receivers

and this is off madden so it cuts the two farthest out receivers off

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Mattwaukee" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

Collins is not in the deep middle yet.

[size=13pt]Collins skipping offseason program, looking for new deal[/size]

With no negotiations on the horizon, Collins is staying home in Florida and not attending the team's offseason workouts, which kicked off Monday, an NFL source said Thursday evening.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

wow every poster in the world thinks they are funny posting that dumb WSJ link when WSJ has the worst sports coverage in the history of newspapers.....

what they neglected to say was that the reasoning for collins being home is his child is being born and he will report to OTA s afterwards....

collins' is not holding out but only requesting that At least talks can begin

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Mattwaukee" wrote:
    wow every poster in the world thinks they are funny posting that dumb WSJ link when WSJ has the worst sports coverage in the history of newspapers.....

what they neglected to say was that the reasoning for collins being home is his child is being born and he will report to OTA s afterwards....

collins' is not holding out but only requesting that At least talks can begin

Not trying to be funny...just directed to it by another source. Looked interesting, just like any other negative article I could find on the Pack would also be interesting to me. Nothing like negative hometown reporting.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Have we actually resorted to diagraming plays with Madden on here?
    :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:

I know, Advanced, but we will try and get a sand diagram for you..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

Don't hate.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:

ESPN does the same thing... although, I know how you feel about ESPN.

I feel when being strictly used as a blueprint to a play, the Madden interface is a pretty useful tool.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast