Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 65
  1. #31
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: darn the packers are looking Good already!!!! post if you agree

    Reality is, we have no idea how this defense will shape up for the Packers this season, hell the new coaching staff is just getting a look at most of the personnel first hand this week.

    What gives Packer fans hope is Dom has orchestrated such a conversion already in his career with success, check out the Jags history for proof. But what is fact as he ran a mixed bag of fronts that year as well.. 3 and 4 man fronts with varying set of backers behind them.

    Playing defense in the box isn't rocket science, while I wouldn't pretend it should be easy, it is not as complex as some wish it to be.

    If a Packer fan was in tune with the team, they would care less about the front alignment and more about the fact that we are going to vary away from the straight pressure man that we have played for years. While I agree that we have to do it and vary up the backend calls, it should be cautioned that Harris has shown struggle in play a true zone.. and the younger players have been groomed to date in this concept.. it won't affect the safeties as much as it will the corners and playing in space rather than trail..

    While I have concerns about point of attack issues in playing the run with either 4 or 3 man fronts.. I personally am more concerned with seeing this secondary group adjust to the zone looks..

  2. #32
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: darn the packers are looking Good already!!!! post if you agree

    "pack93z" wrote:
    Reality is, we have no idea how this defense will shape up for the Packers this season, hell the new coaching staff is just getting a look at most of the personnel first hand this week.

    What gives Packer fans hope is Dom has orchestrated such a conversion already in his career with success, check out the Jags history for proof. But what is fact as he ran a mixed bag of fronts that year as well.. 3 and 4 man fronts with varying set of backers behind them.

    Playing defense in the box isn't rocket science, while I wouldn't pretend it should be easy, it is not as complex as some wish it to be.

    If a Packer fan was in tune with the team, they would care less about the front alignment and more about the fact that we are going to vary away from the straight pressure man that we have played for years. While I agree that we have to do it and vary up the backend calls, it should be cautioned that Harris has shown struggle in play a true zone.. and the younger players have been groomed to date in this concept.. it won't affect the safeties as much as it will the corners and playing in space rather than trail..

    While I have concerns about point of attack issues in playing the run with either 4 or 3 man fronts.. I personally am more concerned with seeing this secondary group adjust to the zone looks..
    Very astute observation my friend.

    Wonder how those boys feel about that.
    My guess, they will take a que from another ex PUKER secondary player who chimed in about how he wasn't used correctly which was ate up by some rube sports hacks and fans......... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #33
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: darn the packers are looking Good already!!!! post if you agree

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    Reality is, we have no idea how this defense will shape up for the Packers this season, hell the new coaching staff is just getting a look at most of the personnel first hand this week.

    What gives Packer fans hope is Dom has orchestrated such a conversion already in his career with success, check out the Jags history for proof. But what is fact as he ran a mixed bag of fronts that year as well.. 3 and 4 man fronts with varying set of backers behind them.

    Playing defense in the box isn't rocket science, while I wouldn't pretend it should be easy, it is not as complex as some wish it to be.

    If a Packer fan was in tune with the team, they would care less about the front alignment and more about the fact that we are going to vary away from the straight pressure man that we have played for years. While I agree that we have to do it and vary up the backend calls, it should be cautioned that Harris has shown struggle in play a true zone.. and the younger players have been groomed to date in this concept.. it won't affect the safeties as much as it will the corners and playing in space rather than trail..

    While I have concerns about point of attack issues in playing the run with either 4 or 3 man fronts.. I personally am more concerned with seeing this secondary group adjust to the zone looks..
    Very astute observation My Sexy Little Pixie.

    Wonder how those boys feel about that.
    My guess, they will take a que from another ex PUKER secondary player who chimed in about how he wasn't used correctly which was ate up by some rube sports hacks and fans......... ;D
    Astute indeed. That mugging man pressure has given the Vikings young receivers fits the last few years.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  4. #34
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: darn the packers are looking Good already!!!! post if you agree

    LOL riiiiiight

    You are coming off a 6-10 season and changed your defense. How are you looking good already? You made no major moves in FA. I disagree with the post. I do however think you will do better than 6-10. I am guessing an 8-8 record.

  5. #35
    Jhinn10 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12

    Re: darn the packers are looking Good already!!!! post if you agree

    Maybe we should ask your new safety Smith what he thinks. I bet you he guarantees a Super Bowl. Me, I think the team has some talent, but they just can't seem to close out games. I see it happening again this year too. 7-9 no wildcard. But on the bright side you have the best QB in the NFC North, but on the not so bright side thats about it and I am not a huge fan of the 3-4. Capers has been fired plenty of times for a reason. Still finish ahead of the Lions and Bears though.

  6. #36
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: darn the packers are looking Good already!!!! post if you agree

    "Jhinn10" wrote:
    Maybe we should ask your new safety Smith what he thinks. I bet you he guarantees a Super Bowl. Me, I think the team has some talent, but they just can't seem to close out games. I see it happening again this year too. 7-9 no wildcard. But on the bright side you have the best QB in the NFC North, but on the not so bright side thats about it and I am not a huge fan of the 3-4. Capers has been fired plenty of times for a reason. Still finish ahead of the Lions and Bears though.
    If he utters one word as such.. I think I will be first in line to beat his ass for such a comment.. win the game on the field not in the press before the game.. Capisca...
    ;D



  7. #37
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,543

    Re: darn the packers are looking Good already!!!! post if you agree

    "Mattwaukee" wrote:
    a good team with the number 9 overall pick is a recipe for greatness!!!!!

    I'd love to see Aaron maybin come to GB and i think you can't get much better of a fit for WOLB
    thanks for the insightful thread starter
    :P

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  8. #38
    Mattwaukee is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    49

    Re: darn the packers are looking Good already!!!! post if you agree

    "pack93z" wrote:
    Reality is, we have no idea how this defense will shape up for the Packers this season, hell the new coaching staff is just getting a look at most of the personnel first hand this week.

    What gives Packer fans hope is Dom has orchestrated such a conversion already in his career with success, check out the Jags history for proof. But what is fact as he ran a mixed bag of fronts that year as well.. 3 and 4 man fronts with varying set of backers behind them.

    Playing defense in the box isn't rocket science, while I wouldn't pretend it should be easy, it is not as complex as some wish it to be.

    If a Packer fan was in tune with the team, they would care less about the front alignment and more about the fact that we are going to vary away from the straight pressure man that we have played for years. While I agree that we have to do it and vary up the backend calls, it should be cautioned that Harris has shown struggle in play a true zone.. and the younger players have been groomed to date in this concept.. it won't affect the safeties as much as it will the corners and playing in space rather than trail..


    While I have concerns about point of attack issues in playing the run with either 4 or 3 man fronts.. I personally am more concerned with seeing this secondary group adjust to the zone looks..

    there is barely anything about capers Defense that is just a "true zone", which i identify as a tampa 2 cover 2 team......

    there are so many different schematic ways that they do things in the 3-4 that LeBeau, cower and capers run that there are tons of man blitzes along with zone blitzes and so fourth......

    this is a play that i like to show that is a very popular thing to do out of the 3-4

    [img width=450 height=337]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/253/reviews/945504_20080910_embed030.jpg[/img]

    you can see the LCB (harris) is in the flats so he gets to press

    all the LBs are blitzing except MLB (hook zone)


    and there is three deep coverage over the top

    the FS (collins) is in his deep middle like all last year...

    and the RCB (woodson) is in a deep third which he also did a lot of last year, when they played cover 4

    so really 3-4 is not exactly like a team that runs cover 2 and cover 3 exclusively

    even tho they will use those for no rush and all coverage situations

  9. #39
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: darn the packers are looking Good already!!!! post if you agree

    call me crazy, but that looks a lot like a 4-3 play, not a 3-4.
    LDE, DT and NT crash right, RDE, fakes like he's crashing outside, then drops into zone, OLBs blitz and MLB drops into coverage.
    FS, SS and RCB split the field deep, LCB plays flats

  10. #40
    Mattwaukee is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    49

    Re: darn the packers are looking Good already!!!! post if you agree

    it the only good one i could find but that type of blitz with the safeties how they are is what capers, cower and LeBeau invented when the steelers were blitzburg.....instead of having 2/3 LB blitz then 2/4 would blitz and the LDE would drop

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MOVED: Packers, RB Grant agree to extension
    By ultravikingfan in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 05:31 PM
  2. Packers, RB Grant agree to extension
    By COJOMAY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 04:57 PM
  3. Packers l Woodson agree to seven-year deal
    By PurplePride80 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 06:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •