Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mattwaukee is offline Training Camp

darn the packers are looking Good already!!!! post if you agree

a good team with the number 9 overall pick is a recipe for greatness!!!!!

I'd love to see Aaron maybin come to GB and i think you can't get much better of a fit for WOLB

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: darn the packers are looking Good already!!!! post if you agree

"Mattwaukee" wrote:

I'd love to see Aaron maybin come to GB and i think you can't get much better of a fit for WOLB
    Sounds like a sure fire 4-12 season to me!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Good team this year huh?
    ;D

Revamping your offense from one scheme to the next without addressing it in FA means you will rely alot on your current players (the key one seems to be upset about the whole thing) and some additional rookies......that equates to inconsistency on the defensive side of the ball.

OL seems to be a mess.

RB didn't really pan out the way you hoped (payed) him to.

Not sure about you, as that is just me scratching the surface of your problems but I wouldn't say you are looking good.
    I think that means you are looking just barely good enough to push the Bores for second place in the division.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

"Mattwaukee" wrote:

IDK how good the packers are looking...

QB- Rodgers was decent considering the circumstances

RB- Grant was weak last year, not much depth

FB- Kuhn is solid

WR- Driver is losing a step, Jennings is a beast, James Jones shows a spark every now and then

TE- Donald Lee is a solid TE

OL- Losing Tauscher hurts alot, the rest of the line is decent but nothing special.
    Partially why Grant was very ineffective last year.

DL-
    Kampman is a beast and Jolly and Harrell are solid but the rest is pretty mediocre.

LB- I like GB linebackers.
    Still think Hawk has potential, Barnett is solid, and Chillar can make some plays. Decent depth too with Poppinga and crew.

CB- Getting up there in age and you dont go out and grab anyone, just resign Bush lol.
    You def. need Pat Lee to emerge as a stud and Tramon Williams to step up.
    Woodson and Harris wont last much longer.

S- Collins flashes brilliance every now and then.
    Atari Bigby is average.
    Decent depth though.

K- Mason Crosby has a boot

I say you'll finish 2nd after the vikes.
    Lions, well they are the lions.
    And the bears D took a huge step back and there O is weak.
    No QB either, Orton isnt the answer.

"There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

7 of the GB losses were by 4 or less and all of their wins besides week 1 were by double digits.

Which tells me they have a good shot at the wild card
    ;D
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Good team this year huh?

;D

Revamping your offense from one scheme to the next without addressing it in FA means you will rely alot on your current players (the key one seems to be upset about the whole thing) and some additional rookies......that equates to inconsistency on the defensive side of the ball.

OL seems to be a mess.

RB didn't really pan out the way you hoped (payed) him to.

Not sure about you, as that is just me scratching the surface of your problems but I wouldn't say you are looking good.
    I think that means you are looking just barely good enough to push the Bores for second place in the division.
    Alright.. a debate.. lol.

You seem to think that Dom is going to roll 3-4 exclusively.. not, at fanfest and several other times he has said and is bright enough to know, you fit the scheme to the players.. so watch for a ton of looks from this front alignment..

The OLine does have questions, most notably does Tauscher stay? We have issues inside, but the rotating chairs that has been deployed is being scrapped, meaning a guy practices and plays one dedicated position.. novel idea eh.. lol.

For all the blocking struggles we had in the running game, Grant still ran for over a Grand... we have more depth here than it appears.. Jackson will blossom this year, Lumpkin and Wynn will be fighting for a spot.

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

to be honest, i was very suprised the packers fell off during the second half of the season last year. aaron rodgers played very well in his first full season as the starting qb. greg jennings is clearly one of up and coming wr's in the NFL, and ryan grant is a solid running back.

from what i can tell, the packers defense was the problem. it started with that game against the saints on monday night football. from then on, they just couldn't stop anyone. THATs' the real reason why they only won 5 games last season, not rodgers.

honestly, i think the packers will be neck and neck with the vikings for the division. the vikings clearly have a better team than the packers. BUT, the one thing the packers have that the rest of the teams in the NFC North don't is a QB, that's what will keep them in the hunt, despite their suspect defense and aging offensive line.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Mattwaukee" wrote:

Sounds like a sure fire 4-12 season to me!
    +1

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "Mattwaukee" wrote:

IDK how good the packers are looking...

QB- Rodgers was decent considering the circumstances

RB- Grant was weak last year, not much depth

FB- Kuhn is solid

WR- Driver is losing a step, Jennings is a beast, James Jones shows a spark every now and then

TE- Donald Lee is a solid TE

OL- Losing Tauscher hurts alot, the rest of the line is decent but nothing special.
    Partially why Grant was very ineffective last year.

DL-
    Kampman is a beast and Jolly and Harrell are solid but the rest is pretty mediocre.

LB- I like GB linebackers.
    Still think Hawk has potential, Barnett is solid, and Chillar can make some plays. Decent depth too with Poppinga and crew.

CB- Getting up there in age and you dont go out and grab anyone, just resign Bush lol.
    You def. need Pat Lee to emerge as a stud and Tramon Williams to step up.
    Woodson and Harris wont last much longer.

S- Collins flashes brilliance every now and then.
    Atari Bigby is average.
    Decent depth though.

K- Mason Crosby has a boot

I say you'll finish 2nd after the vikes.
    Lions, well they are the lions.
    And the bears D took a huge step back and there O is weak.
    No QB either, Orton isnt the answer.
    Rodgers number were in the top 10.. decent is all that gets? Hmmmm?!?

Grant posted a 1000 yards again.. and I think you are sleeping on the depth.. Jackson is a solid all around back..

WR - Find a deeper group in the NFC, I will concede Arizona..

TE - Average at best, Finley should become a TE to stretch the defenses vertically and they will split him out to put pressure on the alignment and middle of the field.

Oline.. Another Average to below.

Dline - You ommitted probably our most complete lineman in Cullen Jenkins.. when healthy he is a very solid player. Depth is a high concern here.

Lbers... Most disappointing group on the field last season.. Hawk is a season away from being considered a minor flop of a top 5 pick.. Barnett can't shed a block to save his soul.. and Poppinga can't play in space... Bishop is solid and should be in the mix for a starting spot.. Chillar is versatile and can probably play any spot in the backers.. with the move to 3-4... it will be interesting to see Kampman and Thompson make the shift..

CB.. Aging.. but still solid, Harris will have a rough time adapting the zone.. but Woodson is having the best years of his career.. don't sleep on Tramon Williams.. next starting CB in GB.

S - Collins is athletic but not that bright.. can he follow up a year of success? Bigby is a liability in coverage yet.. Rouse is still young and makes mental mistakes.. Smith, the new addition.. another young error prone player to date.. can they put it together.

K.. Crosby does have a boot, but needs to gain a little more consistency or his seat will become a little hotter on the bench.

Punter.. who the hell knows at this point.. mistake to cut Ryan last season.. simply a huge mistake.

Holes in the roster.. like any other team right now until camps and work begins.. then it should take a little shape.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Looking good, all the way to 5-11.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast