Thread: Cut Farve NOW!

SKOL_Master is offline Rookie

Cut Farve NOW!

I say cut the ungrateful SOB and invest his $10M salary in some offensive linemen....(maybe a couple of running backs,a receiver, some defensive linemen, cornerbacks, a safety, a kicker, a punter...)

From profootballtalk.com:

LORD FAVRE LOOKING FOR EXILE?
    Bob Wolfley of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that quarterback Brett Favre has recently hinted that he might be interested in finishing up his career with a team other than the Packers.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=490452

In an episode of HBO's Costas Now to be aired on Wednesday night, Bob Costas asks Favre whether he'd be interested in playing for a team that was close to competing for a Super Bowl.

"I can't say it wouldn't happen," Favre said.
    "If it comes to a point where they do start over and I feel like I can play and they say, 'Brett, if you want to go somewhere else, go ahead, but we've got to start over.
    It's time for us to rebuild.
    It just doesn't make sense, so do what you want.'
    If I got the itch at some point, I can't say 'no.'"

Favre also revisits comments from last month regarding the moment at which he decided to return for another season -- the evening of April 14.

"That night, I remember it as if it was yesterday, and in my truck I have satellite radio," Favre said. "They said, 'Phil Simms is coming on in 30 minutes, going to discuss Brett Favre's situation, whether or not he should come back or not.'

"I said, 'I wouldn't mind listening to his advice.' "

After hearing Simms suggest that Favre should play as long as he possibly can, Favre knew it was time to return.
    "I said, 'You know, he's right," Favre said.
    "I should go back because I know I still can play.
    I know I still want to."

Maybe the other significance of April 14 was that, on the eve of tax day, Favre was realizing that, if he quits playing football, he'll no longer be making such significant contributions to Uncle Sam.

And given that it's increasingly obvious that the Packers are in rebuilding mode at virtually every position but quarterback, Favre's comments fairly can be interpreted as the giving of permission to the team to broach with him the possibility of an amicable split.

The real question, as we see it, is whether the separation comes before, not after, the end of the 2006 season.
    If a contending team should lose its starting quarterback to injury in September, would they come calling for Favre?
    And would Favre listen?

The franchises to specifically watch in this regard are the Eagles and the Seahawks, who use the West Coast attack with which Favre is keenly familiar.
    Also, teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Bengals, Colts, Jags, Chargers, Redskins, and Panthers are possibilities, if the starting quarterback for any of those franchises ends up done for the year due to injury.
    c36083684f6cb51c68ec9ce28f2be935

purplengoldblur is offline Training Camp

Re: Cut Farve NOW!

Favre should have quit about 2 years ago.
    Last year was a diaster for the Pucker fans.
    What was it that Favre said, something along the lines of go ahead cut me, I dare them speaking of Packer Management.
    Ted Thompson should have cut him right then and there, but Teds too much of a spineless jellyfish lest he face the wrath of the Pucker fans.
    Who does Bret really thinks that he is kidding?
    Now like a rat ona sinking ship he wants to bail at the first opportunity.
    Nice slap in the face to all of the Pucker fans.
    I hope that it was worth the 10 mil that they paid this HOF loser to come back.