Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Contract trouble in Pukerland?

[size=11pt]Bigby Disputes Dissatisfaction With His Contract[/size]
    Posted by Mike Florio on May 29, 2009, 10:40 p.m. EDT

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/29/bigby-disputes-dissatisfaction-with-his-contract/

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Donald Driver’s absence from voluntary workouts is supposedly due to his displeasure with his contract, a report that Driver’s agent has repeatedly shot down.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/30/drivers-agent-in-talks-with-packers/

Re: Contract trouble in Pukerland?

A lot of horrible reporting going on.

No one even actually knew that Bigby was unhappy with his contract. Apparently they're solving problems before they're there or something.

As for Driver, I don't know what's going on. Maybe he wants a last big pay day with James Jones and Jordy Nelson sitting behind him, waiting for a starting spot. Maybe it's just the media throwing some stuff around.

Just take a look at the Collins report (Although his agent had a big hand in that one).
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I think its moe the fact that they have to wear that ugly ass uniform more than being unhappy with their contract

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

If I was a PUKER fan (first I'd shoot myself) I would be more worried about my best defensive player and how much he likes/dislikes the new scheme.

Gonna be fun to watch a few on here start pining for him when his contract is due and he elects to move on because he doesn't want to play in that scheme anymore.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Rockmolder" wrote:

No one even actually knew that Bigby was unhappy with his contract. Apparently they're solving problems before they're there or something.

As for Driver, I don't know what's going on. Maybe he wants a last big pay day with James Jones and Jordy Nelson sitting behind him, waiting for a starting spot. Maybe it's just the media throwing some stuff around.

Just take a look at the Collins report (Although his agent had a big hand in that one).

[size=13pt]Donald Driver, missing from OTAs, seeking new deal from Packers [/size]

Posted 14h 8m ago

usatoday.com

By Rob Demovsky, Green Bay Press-Gazette

A day after it was revealed that Green Bay Packers receiver Donald Driver is skipping the team's organized team activities because he wants the team to redo his contract, his agent said he has been involved in negotiations with the team.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Player disgruntalment in fudgeville, how awful ;D

"singersp" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

[size=13pt]Donald Driver, missing from OTAs, seeking new deal from Packers [/size]

Posted 14h 8m ago

usatoday.com

By Rob Demovsky, Green Bay Press-Gazette

A day after it was revealed that Green Bay Packers receiver Donald Driver is skipping the team's organized team activities because he wants the team to redo his contract, his agent said he has been involved in negotiations with the team.....
    Then I fall back on my first statement. I asume that he wants his contract redone to get that last big pay day. Or maybe make it harder to cut him. I think that it's a shame that DD would do something like this, though. Especially after having his contract redone a year or 2, 3 in a row now.

I thought you posted another article after reading through quite a few of these. Sorry for that.

As for the Kampman comments, this guy puts it pretty well. http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-11-117/Rushing-to-judgment-on-Kampman.html

I think he might be more uncomfortable than unhappy, currently. He's changing to OLB, he needs to play in space. He hasn't been asked to cover anyone since his early college day, or at least, not dropping back far. Ofcourse there'll have to be some difficulties in his mind. I think they'll smoothen out soon enough though. He looked awkward when having to drop further than 4 yards, from what I've read. I think that Kevin Greene and Dom Capers are the perfect guys to help him with that.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Rockmolder" wrote:

As for the Kampman comments, this guy puts it pretty well. http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-11-117/Rushing-to-judgment-on-Kampman.html

I think he might be more uncomfortable than unhappy, currently. He's changing to OLB, he needs to play in space. He hasn't been asked to cover anyone since his early college day, or at least, not dropping back far. Ofcourse there'll have to be some difficulties in his mind. I think they'll smoothen out soon enough though. He looked awkward when having to drop further than 4 yards, from what I've read. I think that Kevin Greene and Dom Capers are the perfect guys to help him with that.
    Why would they move Kampman to LB? Age?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Kampman on Harvin in the flat sounds like cherry pickin' to me. ;D

"singersp" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

Why would they move Kampman to LB? Age?

To play the elephant position in the 3-4 mainly. He doesn't have the build to play a 3-4 DE and it'd be a shame to let those rushing skill go to waste. I don't think we'll see him drop back that often, but the times he does, he has to be able to cover in a zone at least a bit.

As to Kampman on Harvin... I certainly hope that won't happen to often. I can see him crossing Kampman's zone or something on a shallow in-route, but the few times we do play man coverage, I don't think we'll have a DE/OLB manned up against a WR. Especially not Kampman. Jarrett Bush will do for Harvin.
    ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast