Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Comments from PackersNews.com on Jared Allen

"singersp" wrote:
    "If you add up the grand total of Super Bowls won by Jared Allen and other recent Vikings aditions Bernard Berrian, Madeu Williams, Michael Boulware, Steve Hutchinson, Darren Sharper, Ryan Longwell, Gus Frerrotte it comes to a grand total of Zero. If they couldn't get it done in other places, many times in more favorable situations, why do Minnesota fans think it'll be any different for them? The Vikes had like 7 players in the Pro Bowl last season and didn't make the playoffs or even finish with a winning record."
    And if you take the Packers current roster & offseason additions, how many Super Bowl wins does that add up to?

Me thinks a grand total of 0.

So why do Packer fans think they are going to be better than the Vikings without Favre, the leader of the flock?
    Because Rodgers looked soooo promising in that half game against Dallas... :

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "If you add up the grand total of Super Bowls won by Jared Allen and other recent Vikings aditions Bernard Berrian, Madeu Williams, Michael Boulware, Steve Hutchinson, Darren Sharper, Ryan Longwell, Gus Frerrotte it comes to a grand total of Zero. If they couldn't get it done in other places, many times in more favorable situations, why do Minnesota fans think it'll be any different for them? The Vikes had like 7 players in the Pro Bowl last season and didn't make the playoffs or even finish with a winning record."
    And if you take the Packers current roster & offseason additions, how many Super Bowl wins does that add up to?

So why do Packer fans think they are going to be better than the Vikings without Favre, the leader of the flock?
    I'd have to say he did look good during that game. But that was only part of 1 game & not enough to say that's the type of play you'll see out of him for 16 games. Also his previous two appearances both resulted in injuries & one has to question just how injury prone is he?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I'd have to say he did look good during that game. But that was only part of 1 game & not enough to say that's the type of play you'll see out of him for 16 games. Also his previous two appearances both resulted in injuries & one has to question just how injury prone is he?
    His sphincter took a serious beating while Favre was around.

trippster is offline Training Camp

"singersp" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

He was only injured in one game.

He pulled a hammy in practice, and the other he broke his foot the second play. He finished the game on his broken foot. I thought that was impressive.

Jared no doubt will help you. He has to be accounted for. I think the consensus is though, that he alone will not be that much of a difference maker.
    12 Championships with more on the way. GoPackGo!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"trippster" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

He pulled a hammy in practice, and the other he broke his foot the second play. He finished the game on his broken foot. I thought that was impressive.

Jared no doubt will help you. He has to be accounted for. I think the consensus is though, that he alone will not be that much of a difference maker.
    Luckily, Allen isn't alone on the Vikings defense.
    He is an important piece of the puzzle, but he won't be doing it all himself.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"trippster" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

What about the other 2 pro bowl starters next to him? I bet pro bowl starter Darren Sharper will be intercepting some of those tipped passes that Allen gets a hand on. Maybe soon to be pro bowler EJ Henderson will benefit from those huge gaps in the line. I would hate to be the quarterback facing this D after the signing of this man they call Jared Allen AKA not much of a difference maker. Mr. I recorded 15 and a half sacks on a piss poor defense last year. Don't forget Mr. Underrated, Antoine Winfield, should be healthy this year.

"trippster" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Ya Rodgers, "the best backup ever to almost beat the cowboys" (I think I'll trademark that) is real impressive. Pack fans are sucking up the media/Madden crap/drippings and plugging in rodgers as a no let up Favree replacement. Allen "Alone" is not a difference maker. Allen, with Pat & Kevin IS a difference maker. I love how teams that miss out on elite players knock those guys. Every divisional rivals's fans boards and posts are filled with "he's a drunk", (Allen) ""I don't want the guy" (Allen) ""The 'Vikes gave up too much" (Allen) when those same fans would be cartwheeling and shitting themselves if thier team actually pursued and acquired players like Allen. How did the pukes and the bears make themselves better this offseason? All the lame-asses on the bear boards can talk about is Hester. He is the bears wr threat. Thats it. A one trick pony that wont fool the 'Vikes again. And the pack? "Oh rodgers is the awesome! Did you see how he lit up Dallas? No prob. Hall of fame in the making." Lame.
    Tuco the world.....

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "trippster" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

What about the other 2 pro bowl starters next to him? I bet pro bowl starter Darren Sharper will be intercepting some of those tipped passes that Allen gets a hand on. Maybe soon to be pro bowler EJ Henderson will benefit from those huge gaps in the line. I would hate to be the quarterback facing this D after the signing of this man they call Jared Allen AKA not much of a difference maker. Mr. I recorded 15 and a half sacks on a piss poor defense last year. Don't forget Mr. Underrated, Antoine Winfield, should be healthy this year.
    Couldn't have said it much better Mar, Allen will be like Strahan is to the Giants, only we have even better players to surround him than the Giants do to Strahan..... Our D is going to be one faired unit on the field and thruout the league..Thats for sure.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Because Rodgers looked soooo promising in that half game against Dallas...
    I might be new here, but isn't it almost axiomatic that a back up QB coming into a game, where the opposing defense game planned for the starter almost always looks stellar?
    Didn't people on this site oo and ahh over Brooks when he came in for an injured TJack, and the following week fell flat on his.....face?
    Good luck Pack :

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    Because Rodgers looked soooo promising in that half game against Dallas...
    I might be new here, but isn't it almost axiomatic that a back up QB coming into a game, where the opposing defense game planned for the starter almost always looks stellar?
    Didn't people on this site oo and ahh over Brooks when he came in for an injured TJack, and the following week fell flat on his.....face?
    Good luck Pack :
    So what? Good point!
    Tuco the world.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast