Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Capers joins Packers as defensive coordinator

"Mattwaukee" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Mattwaukee" wrote:
    What are you talking about?

Peterson lowered his shoulder and blew through Harris like a rag doll, which is exactly why Harris hit him low the time he injured him. It was unfortunate that Peterson got hurt, and I was pissed about it since he was coming from the outside which creates so many more injuries than a head on tackle at the knees, but I don't think it had malicious intent.

Peterson wasn't trying to "take Harris out," as the ball carrier I can't imagine a way he could. He was just trying to embarrass him, and definitely did.
    um that don't make sense cause Harris hurt Peterson the season before Peterson ran him over

it was said that it was actually Peterson that was hunting for harris' head....
    Even if he was, what could he do? Dropkick Harris in the knee while running the ball? Taking himself down in the process?

Keep in mind it's Harris' job to tackle Peterson, and Peterson's job not to get tackled. Harris was trying to prevent him from getting the first down, and paid for it.

What I'm trying to say is, how can a ball carrier "take out" or "hunt for the head" of a defender. It just makes no sense.

Maybe if it were a lineman or fullback it would.

can anyone here comprehend a little theory called "Revenge"

*Slience*

I'll take that as a No.....go look it up and then maybe you can contribute
    Maybe that was revenge for a Packer injuring Peterson in '07, which teammates were offered a REWARD to do.

*Dumbfounded Packertard Silence*

Mattwaukee is offline Training Camp

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "Mattwaukee" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Mattwaukee" wrote:

Peterson lowered his shoulder and blew through Harris like a rag doll, which is exactly why Harris hit him low the time he injured him. It was unfortunate that Peterson got hurt, and I was pissed about it since he was coming from the outside which creates so many more injuries than a head on tackle at the knees, but I don't think it had malicious intent.

Peterson wasn't trying to "take Harris out," as the ball carrier I can't imagine a way he could. He was just trying to embarrass him, and definitely did.
    um that don't make sense cause Harris hurt Peterson the season before Peterson ran him over

Even if he was, what could he do? Dropkick Harris in the knee while running the ball? Taking himself down in the process?

Keep in mind it's Harris' job to tackle Peterson, and Peterson's job not to get tackled. Harris was trying to prevent him from getting the first down, and paid for it.

What I'm trying to say is, how can a ball carrier "take out" or "hunt for the head" of a defender. It just makes no sense.

*Slience*

Maybe that was revenge for a Packer injuring Peterson in '07, which teammates were offered a REWARD to do.

i'd take out AP in a Alley if i had the chance
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D, for free tho

"Mattwaukee" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "Mattwaukee" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Mattwaukee" wrote:

*Slience*

i'd take out AP in a Alley if i had the chance
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D, for free tho
    That's quite extreme. I'd like to keep him on the Vikings. Nothing's more enjoyable than seeing the Vikings get close because of a great running game and defense and eventually collapse somewhere in, or close to, the play-offs. I see him ending his career in a very Barry Sanders-like way.

No, seriously, he's pretty great. Harris makes a tackle to get down the ball carrier. Frustration sometimes gets the best of him (See the facemask this season, can't remember in what game) and whether Peterson wanted revenge or not, his job is to run over defenders if he can, so he did.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567