Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    minvikes01 is offline Pro-Bowler

Brett Favre Should've Retired Last Year!

I can't believe favre is considering coming back, i mean last year was bad enough, though i wouldn't mind him coming back an throwing a few to DSharp.

Thanks to PPE for the awesome Sig.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Brett Favre Should've Retired Last Year!

I'm glad he's coming back again. I love having him in there throwing all those int's and making sure the Pack SUCK!
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

MplsViking is offline Starter

yeah, it is great watching all the pack fans getting their hopes up with favre coming back, and then he throws 40 ints. I love their attitude... o yeah at least we get the 5th pick... well i'm glad you got it now i can't wait to see how ted thompson screws it up

minvikes01 is offline Pro-Bowler

I was talking to a pack fan who was trolling on the vikes espn forum and he said that when farve comes back he will lead them to victory and there will be no doubts left in anyones mind.

I LMAO and them told him that there would be no doubts that he should've retried before last season.

Cheddar heads are a pain, and they seem to have no sense whatsoever.

Thanks to PPE for the awesome Sig.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I like to see the frustration on Favre's face after each Packer loss so I am glad he is coming back.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

that's true.. after each loss- even when its 45-3, favre has the same dumbfounded and dissapointed look on his face
    i m better than you, so just give up...

You know what, I have been a die-hard Vikings fan since I was born ( I'm named after Anthony Carter) and therefore have hated the packers with every fiber of my being since then. However, I can saftley say if the vikings would have had Farve since 95 we would have at least 2 super bowls. I dont care what you say now but wait until next decemeber when we're up by 2, and have to kick the ball off to Farve with 2 minutes left in the 4th quater, you'll get nervious. And as for the 29 ints he threw this year if his team would have been decent and he would have been able to play within himself instead of having to win the game with every throw, his ints would have been like 15 not good, nor is it awful. And come on did any of you see the Aaron Rodgers play this year, he is awful, if he would have gone #1 to the 49ers he would have been as big of bust as Ryan Leaf.

And one great reason to be glad he is staying the pack wont draft a QB, in case we want to move up and get one. (don't think we will)

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=18px]Favre says he wants to play, but wants to win more [/size]

BAY ST. LOUIS, Miss. - Green Bay Packer Brett Favre tells a newspaper he wants to play again but he'll return only if the Packers can assemble a winning team.

And if he does return this year, Favre told the Sun Herald newspaper there is "no doubt" it will be his last season.

The venerable quarterback said he wants the Packers to get better players and make a commitment to winning.

"Last season, expectations were high and it was a bad situation," Favre said of the team's 4-12 season, his only losing one as quarterback. "If we can't compete at a high level, I can walk away and my legacy will speak for itself."

Rumors have been circulating that Favre would have to make his decision to return by Saturday, but Favre said they're untrue.

"If I don't tell them by Saturday, what will they do, cut me?" Favre said.

Favre, in town to award grants to groups following Hurricane Katrina, said he has been talking to the team for the past month and there are things that both parties have to sort out.

"If they don't come together, I guess I won't play," Favre said. "I don't know if my decision will be made by Saturday."

Favre said some days he wants to play and other days he wants to retire. Knowing he can still compete at a high level is making the decision tough, he said.

Even his wife is ready for his decision, Favre said.

Favre says he wants to play, but wants to win more
    __________________________________________________ __________

Judging by their offseason losses & ability to bolster their roster so far, I feel he won't be coming back.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Posted Apr. 01, 2006

[size=18px]McCarthy weighs in on Favre[/size]

By CHRIS HAVEL
    PackersNews.com

ASHWAUBENON — While Brett Favre weighs his decision whether to play this season, Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy hopes Favre focuses on the thing he believes matters most.

“What I’ve told Brett is the things you need to focus on is, No. 1, playing quarterback for the Green Bay Packers, and being the leader that you have been since 1992, and don’t worry about the other stuff,” McCarthy said Friday.

When asked what that “other stuff” is, McCarthy said: “You know. Who we’re signing. Who’s coming here. Football probably was best for him when it was the most fun. It was the most fun when it was the simplest.

“I look at ’99,” he added. “I would still say of all the guys I’ve worked with, he has done as good a job as anybody I’ve been around at keeping outside distractions away from his game. I think that’s truly one of his strengths. I think he needs to grab hold of that and play to his strength, which is focusing on being the Packers’ quarterback.”

On Thursday, Favre told the Sun Herald in Gulfport, Miss., that he wants to play for the Packers only if they assemble a winning team. He also said that even if he plays, this is going to be his final NFL season.

“Last season, expectations were high and it was a bad situation,” Favre said of the Packers’ 4-12 record, his first losing mark in 14 seasons here. “If we can’t compete at a high level, I can walk away, and my legacy will speak for itself.”

McCarthy said he doesn’t have a problem with Favre making a one-year commitment. “This business is about year-to-year, especially where he’s at in his career,” McCarthy said. “Maybe I should, but I don’t have a problem with that.”

Favre, 36, denied rumors that the Packers expected him to make a decision today. Favre was due a $3 million roster bonus today, which was pushed back from March 15. General Manager Ted Thompson said Friday the deadline had been pushed back again, but he declined to reveal the date.

Favre’s apparent retirement quandary hasn’t hindered McCarthy’s ability to prepare for the upcoming season.

McCarthy, a first-year head coach, said Favre’s decision won’t directly affect his progress until the team’s post-NFL draft minicamp in May.

“It hasn’t been a (problem) at all,” he said. “I have targets set for every month, for both players and coaches, and you can look at my schedule. So far, we’ve hit all those targets. From a playing standpoint, (Favre’s uncertain status) hasn’t been a hindrance. Now if he’s not here for the first minicamp, now he’s affecting the team.”

McCarthy said he and Favre haven’t discussed the head coach’s expectations for attendance at offseason functions such as the minicamps.

“We only visited on that briefly,” he said. “But once again, I think it’s important for everyone to be here (in May) just based on the plan that we want to accomplish as much as we can in the offseason so training camp comes together. Obviously it’s important for the quarterback position, because he benefits from it more than anybody.”

McCarthy described his discussions with Favre as “positive” regarding the new coach’s offensive philosophy.

“I’ve said this time and time again — we’re talking about a (Pro Football) Hall of Fame quarterback that has an incredible number of repetitions in a lot of our basic concepts. I like that because A, I believe in those concepts and B, we’re talking about a guy that has 15 years worth of reps tied up in that. That’s a huge advantage, and one that we need to maximize and utilize.”

McCarthy and Favre have discussed the quarterback’s ability to have input on the offense.

“Input is in the spring,” he said. “That’s when it happens. It’s not about plays. It’s about conceptual thinking. That is going to take place (in May) at the minicamps.”

McCarthy weighs in on Favre

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=18px]Favre says he wants to play, but wants to win more [/size]

BAY ST. LOUIS, Miss. - Green Bay Packer Brett Favre tells a newspaper he wants to play again but he'll return only if the Packers can assemble a winning team.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Judging by their offseason losses & ability to bolster their roster so far, I feel he won't be coming back.
    Packers are building a winning team, they are hunting for the Grey Cup :wink:

With the signing of Jon Ryan in Jan/06 form the University of Regina (my old hometown) the frozen tundra of Saskatchewan

To their March meeting with Andy Fantuz from Western Ontario, Andy is a project NFL 7th rounder or an undrafted FA, BUT a CFL first rounder.
    (how many NFL teams zip up to Canada to woo a 7th rounder)

Looks like the Packers are headed to the CFL to avoid the next decade of dwelling in the NFL basement :lol:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast