Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Brett Farve.. not the smartest man alive

"VikingsChokeJobComingSoon" wrote:
    No, actually, we're first in the division right now. Ever heard of having to beat the champ to be the champ? Like it or not, the playoff win was not the division championship. We won that. And until you guys do, we are still number one in the division.
    As far as I know, there are no points carried over from previous seasons. Therefore, Green Bay gets placed in the standings the exact same way everyone else does...alphabetically. That places you - laughingly - in 3rd place as of RIGHT NOW. Once Detroit pummels you opening day, you will be in LAST PLACE....where you will likely spend the majority of the (if not the entire) season

You guys don't understand that everything you say about us having no chance this year is an EXACT repeat of what you have said the last 3 years. Super Bowl victory predictions were all over these boards last year and the year before. So why the hell am I supposed to go hide in a corner this year? It's the same formula every year with the Vikes.

Win 5 or so games to start off. Lose several straight. Win a couple. Lose some more, finish just above .500. Then you add a few guys in the off-season, get over-confident and the cycle repeats.
    Keep in mind 3 things.

1: Never before have the Vikings gone out and acquired so much talent in the pre-season. That, coupled with a very strong draft, should puch us into the realm of "Contender" (I'm not willing to claim the crown just yet...while it's possible, we still have a lot of football to play).

2: Green Bay, meanwhile, has bled talent for the last few years without really doing much of anything to stem the flood. You didn't add anybody to your horrible Defense - and, in fact, you lost quite a bit there. And you didn't really add anything to your Offense...but you said, "Goodbye" to your two best O-Linemen.

3: Having lived in Wisconsin for almost 30 years, shall I tell you how many of those years were dominated by Packer fans claiming the Superbowl victory in June? About 28 of them. In fact, once Favre announced his return, quite a few packer fans were already saying, "This is the year". So, it would seem that we don't have the corner on the market of false superbowl predictions. Each year, at least 20 team's fans will make that claim...with only 1 being right.

So, while I will grant you the fact that Minnesota has underperformed for the last two years (Primarily due to a cheap-skate owner who wouldn't field a Defense), I will also submit that Green Bay hasn't exactly stood the League on it's ear. In fact, you owe your last 3 Division titles to a rebuilding Division.

Well, news flash, we're all done rebuilding. Detroit looks to be primed as well. Chicago has made some much needed offensive adjustments too. And what has Green Bay done? Gotten worse.

Caine

Right, I'm sure you are done building. The only problem is, you're once again building a team that will fall apart 5 games into the season.

Face it, had the Packers added the guys your team did, you'd be calling them all overrated pieces of garbage,but now that they are in purple, they are sure to lead you guys to a Super Bowl right? It's especially true with Darren Sharper, who went from the most overrated safety in the NFL to sure-shot all-pro with you guys. Hmm, odd.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Right, I'm sure you are done building. The only problem is, you're once again building a team that will fall apart 5 games into the season.

Face it, had the Packers added the guys your team did, you'd be calling them all overrated pieces of garbage,but now that they are in purple, they are sure to lead you guys to a Super Bowl right? It's especially true with Darren Sharper, who went from the most overrated safety in the NFL to sure-shot all-pro with you guys. Hmm, odd.
    Well, we probably would be calling any players you guys got overrated, but not this year. Because the players you got this year were ever rated to begin with.

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

Well, we probably would be calling any players you guys got overrated, but not this year. Because the players you got this year were never rated to begin with.
    Shhh let the adults talk. Your velcro is undone.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

So, you're predicting a Viking collapse 5 games in, and I'm predicting a losing Packer season. Whose prediction has more merit?

Since I already stipulated to the break downs of the previous season, and covered the fact that the issues were addressed, I would venture to say that the merits behind your arguement have been somewhat diluted.

Meanwhile, my prediction of a Packer collapse has yet to be responded to. Remember, my prediction is based solely upon the lack of tralent on the Defensive side, and the loss of talent on the Offensive side...what the Vikings have or do are not relevant to this.

So, it looks to me that my prediction holds more merit at this point in time. We changed for the better, you didn't. The law of probability says that we will go up, and you will go down.

Now, should this not be the case, feel free to reference this thread and I will eat the crow I will so richly deserve (I've done it before). However, if I am right - and I strongly suspect that I am - I will expect to see you here, fully prepared to choke down the heaping helping of "Gloat Pie" that I will be serving up (I should warn you, Najeh Davenport makes the filler, and it comes with a lightly chilled glass of Favre Whine :wink: ).

As for the "Over Rated Players" issue...which ones are over rated? You specifically mention Sharper, yet it seems to me that the vast majority of the Packer Faithful (All 15 of them), as well as the bandwagon fans, considered him to be the strongest player in your secondary. Has that changed?

It never ceases to amaze me how whenever a player changes teams, fans of his previous team jump on the "He Sucks" bandwagon. For proof of that, look at how many people here started bashing Moss once he left (Hovan doesn't count...we bashed him all last year). The truth is, those fans need to bash the out going player in order not to feel like crap over losing him. Do you think Washington was really glad to see Smoot go? Think the Bills were happy to lose Williams? How about the Raiders and Harris?

Nope. None of the above. All of those teams would have GLADLY kept those players had circumstances allowed. The same holds true for Green Bay. They would've LOVED to keep Sharper...they just couldn't afford him, and we could.

As for Sharper being over rated...for teh first time in about 4 years, Darren will only have to play HIS position...he won't have to cover all 4 DB spots simultaneously. That by itself should improve his play. Adn, with him gone, who's going to step up in Green Bay? Whoopie Goldberg (Who can't cover a 1-legged guy)? Carroll (The leg humper)? Roman (Who?!?!?)? Hey, Maybe Favre will play Free Safety for you...the media would eat that up.

So, in summation, I expect sour grapes from you - and from any Packer fan for that matter. If you sit down and look at the facts - I mean REALLY look at then - the future doesn't look so hot for you. So, take your shots while you can. In 2 months all the speculation ends, and reality comes crashing in (wearing Viking Purple...of course).

Caine

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:

So, you're predicting a Viking collapse 5 games in, and I'm predicting a losing Packer season. Whose prediction has more merit?

Since I already stipulated to the break downs of the previous season, and covered the fact that the issues were addressed, I would venture to say that the merits behind your arguement have been somewhat diluted.

Meanwhile, my prediction of a Packer collapse has yet to be responded to. Remember, my prediction is based solely upon the lack of tralent on the Defensive side, and the loss of talent on the Offensive side...what the Vikings have or do are not relevant to this.

So, it looks to me that my prediction holds more merit at this point in time. We changed for the better, you didn't. The law of probability says that we will go up, and you will go down.

Now, should this not be the case, feel free to reference this thread and I will eat the crow I will so richly deserve (I've done it before). However, if I am right - and I strongly suspect that I am - I will expect to see you here, fully prepared to choke down the heaping helping of "Gloat Pie" that I will be serving up (I should warn you, Najeh Davenport makes the filler, and it comes with a lightly chilled glass of Favre Whine :wink: ).

As for the "Over Rated Players" issue...which ones are over rated? You specifically mention Sharper, yet it seems to me that the vast majority of the Packer Faithful (All 15 of them), as well as the bandwagon fans, considered him to be the strongest player in your secondary. Has that changed?

It never ceases to amaze me how whenever a player changes teams, fans of his previous team jump on the "He Sucks" bandwagon. For proof of that, look at how many people here started bashing Moss once he left (Hovan doesn't count...we bashed him all last year). The truth is, those fans need to bash the out going player in order not to feel like crap over losing him. Do you think Washington was really glad to see Smoot go? Think the Bills were happy to lose Williams? How about the Raiders and Harris?

Nope. None of the above. All of those teams would have GLADLY kept those players had circumstances allowed. The same holds true for Green Bay. They would've LOVED to keep Sharper...they just couldn't afford him, and we could.

As for Sharper being over rated...for teh first time in about 4 years, Darren will only have to play HIS position...he won't have to cover all 4 DB spots simultaneously. That by itself should improve his play. Adn, with him gone, who's going to step up in Green Bay? Whoopie Goldberg (Who can't cover a 1-legged guy)? Carroll (The leg humper)? Roman (Who?!?!?)? Hey, Maybe Favre will play Free Safety for you...the media would eat that up.

So, in summation, I expect sour grapes from you - and from any Packer fan for that matter. If you sit down and look at the facts - I mean REALLY look at then - the future doesn't look so hot for you. So, take your shots while you can. In 2 months all the speculation ends, and reality comes crashing in (wearing Viking Purple...of course).

Caine

Yah.. what he said!

"Caine" wrote:

Caine
    Blah blah blah blah...Blah.

We hear it every year. Then you guys start to struggle and hit the panic button.

I don't care if you resurrected Jesus Christ and put him at all positions (and Jesus can play ball)...You guys WILL find a way to blow it. Just like you always do. Even if you somehow did manage to not collapse halfway through, You'd probably just do what you did in 1998 and blow it in the playoffs.

As for whose prediction holds more merit...I believe the correct answer would be neither considering we haven't even hit training camp yet. Almost everyone was picking the Seahawks to win their division and the Super Bowl last year...how did that go?

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"Caine" wrote:

Caine
    Blah blah blah blah...Blah.

We hear it every year. Then you guys start to struggle and hit the panic button.

I don't care if you resurrected Jesus Christ and put him at all positions (and Jesus can play ball)...You guys WILL find a way to blow it. Just like you always do. Even if you somehow did manage to not collapse halfway through, You'd probably just do what you did in 1998 and blow it in the playoffs.

As for whose prediction holds more merit...I believe the correct answer would be neither considering we haven't even hit training camp yet. Almost everyone was picking the Seahawks to win their division and the Super Bowl last year...how did that go?
    Your arguements are weak and pathetic. Actually I shouldn't use that in plural form considering the only thing you've said throughout this entire thread has been the exact same thing. For the Vikings, the difference between this offseason and past ones is that a year ago we picked up Winfield. He was the star, yes I admit we were a little bit too happy to get just one defensive starter plus drafting Udeze and Thomas.

This is where this offseason kicks you in the ass. We've picked up 5, I repeat 5, defensive starters. We took your best secondary player as stated by Caine. Your best defensive pick up this offseason... doesn't even play the game. Your coordinator is your best pick up.

Last season you beat us in the two regular season games by a HUGE total of 6 points. And BOTH were last second field goals, two last second field goals... do you really think it'll be tough for us to make up the talent of two last second field goals? I think not. Not to mention, in the second game if it wasn't for Sherman getting the clock stopped by making the officials measure if the Pack had a first down, you wouldn't have got the field goal right before half time, remember that? Of course you do, it was completely and utterly rediculous.

You really do fit the stereotype of the average Packer fan. An over-confident idiot whom think that they know it all. To me, you're nothing but some punk whom can't argue a point worth crap. Really this is too easy, Caine owned you and throughout the thread you couldn't come up with an arguement. :lol:

Well, I guess I'll let you get back to humping the poor farm animals that you hold captive in your basement. PEACE
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

NeedToMove2Minnesota is offline Training Camp

You destroyed him! Screw that fudgepacking homo

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"NeedToMove2Minnesota" wrote:
    You destroyed him! Screw that fudgepacking homer
    Caine and Del Rio are my idols.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast