Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,451

    Re: The bell tolls for thee, Mr. Jolly

    sippin on some sizzurp
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

  2. #12
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The bell tolls for thee, Mr. Jolly

    "dfosterf" wrote:
    Johnny Jolly is going to court today for having that 200 grams of codeine.

    "Lean"

    "Purple Drank"

    Those Williams' boys aren't the only ones with suspension trouble looming.

    I'll update when I hear more.

    Perhaps we should have hooked him up with some Purple Shades and the Purple Kool Aid instead of the Purple Drank. Then he would have at most been caught on a boat with some hookers. ;D

  3. #13
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: The bell tolls for thee, Mr. Jolly

    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/50494897.html

    Sorry.
    Never have figured out how to rename a URL on this forum.

    This is a very ugly article for us Packer fans.


    I thought you would like to know.




  4. #14
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: The bell tolls for thee, Mr. Jolly

    "dfosterf" wrote:
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/50494897.html

    Sorry.
    Never have figured out how to rename a URL on this forum.

    This is a very ugly article for us Packer fans.


    I thought you would like to know.



    you write
    [ url=www.whatever.com ]Whatever you want to label the URL as[ /url]

    Just without the spaces inside the brackets

    For example:

    Google

  5. #15
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: The bell tolls for thee, Mr. Jolly

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Didn't this happen over a year ago now?
    I was wondering what came of it.

    Purple Drank is some nasty pooh - it kills me what some people concoct to put in their bodies for a cheap high.
    What ever happened to good old beer and MJ?
    Why on earth would you look at prescription cough syrup and think "gol 'darnit I bet that would be fun to drink!"?
    Don't knock it until you've tried it.

  6. #16
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The bell tolls for thee, Mr. Jolly

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Didn't this happen over a year ago now?
    I was wondering what came of it.

    Purple Drank is some nasty pooh - it kills me what some people concoct to put in their bodies for a cheap high.
    What ever happened to good old beer and MJ?
    Why on earth would you look at prescription cough syrup and think "gol 'darnit I bet that would be fun to drink!"?
    Don't knock it until you've tried it.
    Point taken. I tried some pretty stupid shit when I was younger and dumber.
    But prescription cough syrup.
    Bleh.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #17
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: The bell tolls for thee, Mr. Jolly

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Didn't this happen over a year ago now?
    I was wondering what came of it.

    Purple Drank is some nasty pooh - it kills me what some people concoct to put in their bodies for a cheap high.
    What ever happened to good old beer and MJ?
    Why on earth would you look at prescription cough syrup and think "gol 'darnit I bet that would be fun to drink!"?
    Don't knock it until you've tried it.
    Point taken. I tried some pretty stupid shit when I was younger and dumber.
    But prescription cough syrup.
    Bleh.
    Yeah...I'll pass.
    If I'm that desperate to get F'd up I'll just drink myself retarded...that alone will give me plenty to regret in the morning...just enough to keep my mind off the real underlying problem that caused me to drink in the first place.

  8. #18
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: The bell tolls for thee, Mr. Jolly

    So, what exactly is " Purple Drank" anyways?

    ???


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  9. #19
    Turboe's Avatar
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,593

    Re: The bell tolls for thee, Mr. Jolly

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    So, what exactly is " Purple Drank" anyways?


    ???
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank

  10. #20
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The bell tolls for thee, Mr. Jolly

    "Turboe" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    So, what exactly is " Purple Drank" anyways?


    ???
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank
    All this info out there.. and yet people still do it.

    [size=14pt]Notable deaths from use[/size]
    Purple drank is confirmed or suspected to have caused the deaths of several prominent users. Respiratory depression is a potentially serious or fatal adverse drug reaction associated with the use of codeine, but mainly the danger lies in the much more potent and CNS-depressing phenothiazine-related antihistamine promethazine. This depression is dose-related and is the mechanism for the potentially fatal consequences of overdose: respiratory or cardiac arrest.

    DJ Screw, who popularized the codeine-based drink, died of a suspected codeine-promethazine-alcohol overdose on November 15, 2000, several months after the video to Three 6 Mafia's single debuted.[7]

    Big Moe, a DJ Screw protegé whose albums City of Syrup and Purple World were based on the drink, died at age 33 on October 14, 2007 after suffering a heart attack one week earlier that left him in a coma.[12] There was speculation that purple drank may have contributed to his death.[13]

    Pimp C, widely influential Port Arthur, Texas rapper and a member of rap duo UGK, was found dead on December 4, 2007, at the Mondrian Hotel in West Hollywood, California. The Los Angeles County Coroner's office reported that the rapper's death was "due to promethazine/codeine effects and other unestablished factors." Ed Winter, assistant chief of the coroner's office, said the levels of the medication were elevated, but not enough to deem the death an overdose. However, Pimp C had a history of sleep apnea, a condition that causes one to stop breathing for short periods during sleep. "In tandem with that malady, the cough medication probably suppressed the artist's breathing long enough to bring on his death," Winter said.[4]


    [size=14pt]Other notable incidents[/size]
    In September 2006, the late Terrence Kiel, a San Diego Chargers player, was arrested during practice for the possession with intent to sell prescription cough syrup for use in making the drink.[3] Kiel was caught trying to ship a case of syrup to a friend via Fed Ex. Kiel was charged with two felony counts of transporting a controlled substance and three counts of possession for sale of a controlled substance.[14]
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Johnny Jolly busted for codeine again
    By dfosterf in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 06:01 AM
  2. Johnny Jolly suspended for entire 2010 season
    By NodakPaul in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 09:01 AM
  3. Packers' Jolly indicted on Texas felony drug charges
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 09:04 AM
  4. Packers defensive tackle Johnny Jolly arrested on drug charges
    By NodakPaul in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 09:44 AM
  5. Bell Ringer
    By scottishvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2005, 02:46 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •