Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Because Los asked for it...

Los wanted a new "Bash the Pack" thread, so I thought I would start a brand spanking new one...just for him. The trouble is, they really haven't done much since getting smeared in the play-offs (by US of course :bootyshake: ).

However, I saw recently that they got Edgar Bennett to be the running backs coach there. When will they ever learn? Former Packer players do not make great Packer coaches (Bart Starr).

I see they also inducted Don Majkowski into the Packer Hall of Fame (Sort of like the one in Canton...only lame). Don, of course, is best known as the guy who got hurt and lost his job to Favre, and never played in the NFL again. If that's all it takes, I suppose I could be inducted into the Packer Hall of Fame too...since I too never played an NFL game after Favre started playing.

Of course, the real bashing will have to wait until Favre decides if he's staying or going. No matter which way he jumps, it will once again be open season on the Packers.

I can't wait.

Caine

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Re: Because Los asked for it...

"Caine" wrote:
    Los wanted a new "Bash the Pack" thread, so I thought I would start a brand spanking new one...just for him. The trouble is, they really haven't done much since getting smeared in the play-offs (by US of course :bootyshake: ).

However, I saw recently that they got Edgar Bennett to be the running backs coach there. When will they ever learn? Former Packer players do not make great Packer coaches (Bart Starr).

I see they also inducted Don Majkowski into the Packer Hall of Fame (Sort of like the one in Canton...only lame). Don, of course, is best known as the guy who got hurt and lost his job to Favre, and never played in the NFL again. If that's all it takes, I suppose I could be inducted into the Packer Hall of Fame too...since I too never played an NFL game after Favre started playing.

Of course, the real bashing will have to wait until Favre decides if he's staying or going. No matter which way he jumps, it will once again be open season on the Packers.

I can't wait.

Caine
    Very good, Caine...I was starting to feel like perhaps hating the Packerrs wasn't the first priority anymore. :-)

I also shook my head at the Majkowski induction. You may as well start inducting TJ Rubely next. I think he got some positive stuff because he led the Packers to their first winning record in, like, 25 years, but he was still an average QB. (By the way, he was in GB signing a lot of autographs for Favre's 200th start, and just met him in person a couple months ago). He was all flash and little substance.

I do have the feeling that both our teams are going through so much ownership and coaching flux, that its a bit hard to be too cocky right now, until we know what we've got!

But, I'm sure the draft will bring some good chatter back....like when you laugh at us for drafting a 5'2" safety in the first round and trade up to pick a long snapper in the third.

And, we'll see on Edgar. THere's was a lot of Packer fans crying for LeRoy Butler to take over the secondary, but I wouldn't be too keen on that yet. Butler is still kind of a kid, but Bennett was always a pretty keen guy, and he's been out of the league long enough that he doesn't have to suffer as much of the "hey, I used to play with you" stuff.

I think he'll be okay. I'm glad we have a former RB coaching our RB's, instead of a former TE coaching the whole team! :-)
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'm sure the reason that Majik man was put in the cheesehead HOF was because he did get hurt and gave Favre the chance to play!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I'm sure the reason that Majik man was put in the cheesehead HOF was because he did get hurt and gave Favre the chance to play!
    I was at that game. Memories....
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Pretty soon that's all that you're going to have left los....memories!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!