Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

Attn: Packers and Vikings...

Here's some post-game quotes from number Four regarding the game/the Packers and retirement. Pretty interesting stuff, kiddos. Take a look, see...
    QUARTERBACK BRETT FAVRE:
    (on how he feels) "Terrible and that is an understatement. I expect more out of myself, obviously. My expectation out of myself and this team are probably no different than everyone in this room and everyone watching the game. As I was talking to Mike Sherman just now I said, 'you know it's a lame excuse but I am going to use it anyway, some days it's just not your day for some reason.' I know some people will say it is a home playoff game and it does not get any better than that and it doesn't. I was prepared to play this game, how could I not be we just played them two weeks ago. Our team was prepared. They (the Vikings) were prepared too. I knew it would be difficult, but I give them credit but it was disappointing. We have been down this road before and I don't know if that makes it easier or worse but I wish them the best of luck. But I sure wish we could have went on and seen what we could have done."

(on whether or not he will be back next year) "I don't know and I told Mike Sherman just now that if I do come back I want it to be for the right reasons. I don't know how much I am expected to be paid next year but I hope that Brett Favre does not come back to play for the money. I have never done that before and I don't anticipate doing it. If I come back I want to do it for the right reasons and that's to lead this team to a Super Bowl and to give everything that I can possibly give and I have done that to this point."

(on if he has a timetable on making his decision) "No, but I think the Packers do and I think they have to know some things. I will try to make my decision within their time frame and I do not know what that is right now."

(on what will help him in making his decision) "Nothing, I don't know what to do. I didn't anticipate going home this week. I know having a family helps in times like this. My 5 year old, who is back in Mississippi right now, her grandmother is telling her mommy and daddy are coming home and she is excited about that. She doesn't know that our season is over, nor does she care. So it will be nice to get back to the family. It's not about me anymore. My wife has gone through some difficult times and continues to and so that is going to play into my decision making. I know if my family was up here right now they would say he's coming back, we are not going to let him go out like that and I would expect them to do that but I also have to be fair to them too and their going to be involved. I say nothing, I am pretty simple, pretty boring I don't' do a whole lot. My vacation is going home to Mississippi and hiding and that is what I will do. Unfortunatly I will probably think about this game until whenever and to block this game out and make a decision is going to be difficult but I will try my best."
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

On the upside there are some good QBs in the draft....

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

bono is offline Hall of Famer

one more thing, all: ESPN folks are talking "fine time" for Moss' touchdown celebration antics. If Moss does get fined, what kind of fine do you guys think it should be? What if the league fines him a one-game suspension...can't play against Philly?
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

VikesFan111 is offline Rookie

Well...I think Favre is a great man...a genuine man and a stupid man(trying to fight a DE). But whatever decision he makes I wish him the best. He should make his decision for the Vikes' favor. So they wont have that #4 looming over their shoulder for another season.

I think Ryan Leif is still available. He probably weighs about 350 pounds by now though. LOL
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

They won't suspend him for that....I even doubt they'll fine him. One thing you have to say about Favre though....I have rooted against him for every Sunday since he became a packer, but even though I've held disdain for him on the field, he's one hell of a good man.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    What if the league fines him a one-game suspension...can't play against Philly?
    That would be total BS!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

probably 25000 or something retarded like that.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

he wont be suspended, its just the media, remember, they hate Moss
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    What if the league fines him a one-game suspension...can't play against Philly?
    That would be total BS!
    If that were the case (which I doubt) it would go into effect next season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast