Sunday 5:30 on Fox
    Current forcast, like they are ever right
    Sun
    Jan 20
    Partly Cloudy

10°F

Packers have one of the greatest playing QB in Favre
    Giants have Peyton's whiny bitch brother
    While Favre has had an MVP like year if it wasn't for Brady, Eli has been as hot and cold as they come. Looking great at times, and then looking like the Eli we all know, when the Vikings came into visit New York.
    Running Game, damn you guys found a gem in Grant. Since starting: 11 games
    209 carries
    1131 yds (5.5yds/carry)
    11TD's
    They have capable RBs in Jacobs, Bradshaw but injuries have been concerns all year for them
    Driver, Jennings, Jones, something called a Ruvell have been great for Favre this year
    Plax always hurt, but always plays, Toomer are damn good as well.
    Donald Lee vs nobody
    Packers have great LB's in Barnett and Poppinga, Hawk has been pretty quite this year
    Giants, when healthy, have one of the best pass rushes in the league.
    Somehow the Giants are 8-1 on the road this year, but yet it won't matter, Eli is due to be Eli agian, and this magical ride for you Packer fans will last yet another week.
    You can't be let down if you don't expect the world

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Attempted Objective look at Giants vs Pukers

MindFreak,
    Where did you come from? I think I like ya, kiddo!
    What's that?...only 95 posts? You're a rookie, I see...
    awe...das ist zehr gut!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

MindFreak is offline Starter

"bono" wrote:
    MindFreak,
    Where did you come from? I think I like ya, kiddo!
    What's that?...only 95 posts? You're a rookie, I see...
    awe...das ist zehr gut!
    I came from a horrid site up the am dial if you catch my drift.
    As much as i hate the Pack, i have to give them credit. They have a great year going so far, and even the most homerist of Packer fans never saw this type of season coming.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"MindFreak" wrote:
    As much as i hate the Pack, i have to give them credit. They have a great year going so far, and even the most homerist of Packer fans never saw this type of season coming.
    With all the unanswered questions comming into the year with the running game, depth at Wide Reciever and Safety play, I 100% agree that very few if any Packer fans saw this comming. Some will lie and tell you they did, but even the most optimistic Packer fan didn't see 13-3 comming.

There is alot to be said of the coaching job that was done this season in Green Bay, alot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I actually had the Vikes and Lions tied at 9-7 at the top followed by the Pack and the Bears in the 6-10/5-11 range.

Who would have thought that McCarthey could keep Lord Favreeee from chucking into the Defenses hands all year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"pack93z" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:
    With all the unanswered questions comming into the year with the running game, depth at Wide Reciever and Safety play, I 100% agree that very few if any Packer fans saw this comming. Some will lie and tell you they did, but even the most optimistic Packer fan didn't see 13-3 comming.

There is alot to be said of the coaching job that was done this season in Green Bay, alot.

I remember laughing when you HC got signed.
    His background in the NFL wasn't all tha impressive.
    Looks like Packer nation is having the last laugh now.
    >

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "MindFreak" wrote:

I remember laughing when you HC got signed.
    His background in the NFL wasn't all tha impressive.
    Looks like Packer nation is having the last laugh now.

>
    One season does not a coaching career make.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I actually had the Vikes and Lions tied at 9-7 at the top followed by the Pack and the Bears in the 6-10/5-11 range.

Who would have thought that McCarthey could keep Lord Favreeee from chucking into the Defenses hands all year.
    Ahhh there is a hidden gem on the Coaching Staff of the Packers.. people don't give him his due this season, but from a good source both Favre and Rodgers point to Clements as a huge resource. MM built himself a pretty good staff of experience underneath him, as most successful coaches do, they build strength around them.

http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/clements_tom/

Prior to joining the Bills, Clements served as Pittsburgh's quarterbacks coach for three seasons (2001-03) under Bill Cowher. In his second season with the Steelers, 2002, he helped Tommy Maddox earn the Associated Press Comeback Player of the Year award, as Pittsburgh's passing offense ranked seventh in the NFL, its highest finish since 1980 with Terry Bradshaw under center. In 2001, Clements worked with Kordell Stewart during the quarterback's best season, which culminated in his first Pro Bowl berth.

Before joining the Steelers, Clements coached quarterbacks for the Kansas City Chiefs (2000) under Gunther Cunningham. One of Clements' pupils, Elvis Grbac, turned in his best season and earned Pro Bowl honors.

Mike Ditka gave Clements his first NFL coaching job, hiring him to coach the Saints' quarterbacks. During his three years in New Orleans (1997-99), Clements worked with several quarterbacks, including Jake Delhomme and Kerry Collins.

"Prophet" wrote:
    One season does not a coaching career make.
    Very well done.. and correct at that. Can he sustain it and with success can he handle the pressure to do it again. I hedge towards yes.. but time will be very telling.

MindFreak is offline Starter

"Marrdro" wrote:

I had the Bears 10-6 Packers/Vikings 8-8 Lions 6-10 (didn't buy into the great offense hype that i did the last few years)
    Hey Pack93z aren't you glad we stole Childress away from you guys?
    ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast