Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone notice?

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: anyone notice?

"fan4favre" wrote:
    "RK" wrote:
    Did anyone once in all the post game analysis hear anyone say that the packers lost because of Favre and his 4 int? Did you hear anyone say he didn't have his head in the game? Did you hear anyone say maybe he isn't as good as his stats or press? Or that he is just too old anymore to get it done?

If Culpeper had thrown 4 int and lost 31-17 I guarantee the press would have been all over him and blaming him for the lack luster performance and for losing the game, etc. :P

3 picks should have been caught or avoided by his receivers. That is why you don't make a big deal of 4 picks that should have been only 1. For crying out loud, which game were you watching? Or are you just trying to harp on Favre for no particular reason as most Vikings fans do.

YEAH, what game were you watching Fan4Favray??? TICE HAD THE FIFTH!!!!!
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

anyone notice?

Farva Chameleon (with no apologies to Culture Club)

Open receivers in my eyes all the way
    If I can't hit them and so I will say
    I'm a man with interceptions
    I'm a man who cannot throw
    I cannot throw
    I cannot throw

Farva Farva Farva Farva Farva Chameleon
    He cannot throw
    He cannot throw
    Throwing would be easy
    If the colours were gold and green
    Just gold and green
    Just gold and gre-e-e-en
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

anyone notice?

"cajunvike" wrote:

I cannot throw
    I cannot throw

He cannot throw
    He cannot throw
    Throwing would be easy
    Just gold and green
    Just gold and gre-e-e-en
    I have always hated the Culture Club, but that was some funny stuff there...

Caine

anyone notice?

"Caine" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

I cannot throw
    I cannot throw

He cannot throw
    He cannot throw
    Throwing would be easy
    Just gold and green
    Just gold and gre-e-e-en
    I have always hated the Culture Club, but that was some funny stuff there...

Caine
    That is why I picked such a cheesy (pun intended) 80s band for the Favre "tribute" song...LOL!

HUDD78 is offline Waterboy

anyone notice?

Well, I can admit it. Favre gave that game away. I blame nobody but him. Sorry, but maybe it is time to move on. :roll:

Mr. O is offline Starter

anyone notice?

No need to be sorry HUDD78, everyone else has known for years Favre's time was done. But, it took a good old butt kicking from the 2004 version of the Purple People Eaters to make Packer fans realize the truth....now, if only we could convince John Madden that Brett Favre is not a pseudonym for Jesus, all would be right with the world.
    A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt

fan4favre is offline Starter

anyone notice?

"Mr. O" wrote:
    No need to be sorry HUDD78, everyone else has known for years Favre's time was done. But, it took a good old butt kicking from the 2004 version of the Purple People Eaters to make Packer fans realize the truth....now, if only we could convince John Madden that Brett Favre is not a pseudonym for Jesus, all would be right with the world.
    Sorry Vike fans, I watched the game very carefully, minus Ferguson and an injured Walker equals backups who cut routes short or gave up on a route. There have been games in the past where I felt Favre just flat out threw to the opposing CB. But today was not exactly one of those days. The first int was really the only pick that was thrown poorly. The rest was backup receivers losing composure in their route running or flat out trying too hard to catch (Thurman reaching down and behind himself only to knock a ball up in the air for a viking to catch it!) a ball that should have been left to fall. Nonetheless, a pick is a pick and it cost the Packers dearly. I just don't blame every INT on a QB.

Mr. O is offline Starter

anyone notice?

oh, I see, blame Thurman for trying to make a play on pass thrown behind him. At a point in the game where almost nothing was going right for his team, Thurman was trying to make a play and get something good started. But, instead of cheering the effort everyone should blame him. Sounds like good old Packer logic to me.
    A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt

anyone notice?

"fan4favre" wrote:
    "Mr. O" wrote:
    Sorry Vike fans, I watched the game very carefully, minus Ferguson and an injured Walker equals backups who cut routes short or gave up on a route. There have been games in the past where I felt Favre just flat out threw to the opposing CB. But today was not exactly one of those days. The first int was really the only pick that was thrown poorly. The rest was backup receivers losing composure in their route running or flat out trying too hard to catch (Thurman reaching down and behind himself only to knock a ball up in the air for a viking to catch it!) a ball that should have been left to fall. Nonetheless, a pick is a pick and it cost the Packers dearly. I just don't blame every INT on a QB.
    Wasn't it Walker that gave up on the INT ball that Russell picked...last time I checked, he is not a backup...and the fact that he was injured doesn't excuse the fact that he screwed up...PRO BOWL player, my a**!! He can't carry Randy's jock!

fan4favre is offline Starter

anyone notice?

"Mr. O" wrote:
    oh, I see, blame Thurman for trying to make a play on pass thrown behind him. At a point in the game where almost nothing was going right for his team, Thurman was trying to make a play and get something good started. But, instead of cheering the effort everyone should blame him. Sounds like good old Packer logic to me.
    Well let me break it down for you so your little mind can grasp the fact that when a ball is thrown behind and low (or even better yet, the receiver overran the route) and you try to deflect the ball up to try and catch it and that backfires for an INT....it's not the QB's fault. Clue phone....it's ringing for you Mr. O.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast