Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Anti-Packer source material needed

"pack93z" wrote:
    ...#1) Dec. 28, 1975: NFC divisional playoff game: The Cowboys defeat the Vikings 17-14 on a last-second, 50-yard Hail Mary pass from Roger Staubach to Drew Pearson, who appears to push Nate Wright to the ground before making the catch and jogging into the end zone. (Blame the refs)
    Bringing up that one play is like putting a dagger in the heart and twisting it.
    Thanks.

A while back in this thread you actually read the penalities article and said the Vikes had 5 and the Packers had 4 bad calls.
    Personally, I've never been the type of person to whine about officiating and using that for an excuse for a W/L.
    However, it does get annoying when games are decided by a bad call after the team battles it out for 16+ games.
    Sometimes the instant replay has helped minimize this, I guess that's all we can hope for.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

#10) Jan. 10, 2002: Named the sixth head coach in Vikings history on January 10, 2002, Tice was overmatched from the start and only won one playoff game.
    Who'd he beat that game?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:

A while back in this thread you actually read the penalities article and said the Vikes had 5 and the Packers had 4 bad calls.
    Personally, I've never been the type of person to whine about officiating and using that for an excuse for a W/L.
    However, it does get annoying when games are decided by a bad call after the team battles it out for 16+ games.
    Sometimes the instant replay has helped minimize this, I guess that's all we can hope for.

Amen, close and evenly matched games come down to a play or two. Personally I think there should be an official in which they do within the last 2 minutes of the half, that reviews every play and can overturn them throughout.. yes it would maybe slow down the game here or there.. but they would get a better percentage correct. Not the ticky-tack calls either but first down, turnovers, anything around the endzone and any penalty of 10 or more yards. Just my opinion.

"C" wrote:
    #10) Jan. 10, 2002: Named the sixth head coach in Vikings history on January 10, 2002, Tice was overmatched from the start and only won one playoff game.
    Who'd he beat that game?

"pack93z" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Who'd he beat that game?

lmao, that is classic.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    No, but we never had a tit-baby QB that had to be carted off a field on a stretcher with a towel over his face to hide the tears because he injured his thumb either. I never realized injurying your hand affected your ability to walk.
    "pattyosviKING" wrote:
    WOW!
    Your butt plug is shaped like a trophy?
    Yep keep digging for sometype of comeback, 40 plus years... zero trophy's.

One of my Favorite top 10's ever
    ;D

[size=18pt]Best (perspective) Moments in Viking History.[/size]

#9) March 2, 2005: On this date, Randy Moss was traded to the Oakland Raiders. This one could actually keep moving up over the years depending on how the star receiver performs for the Raiders. Or, it could fall off the list completely.

#8) Jan. 11, 1970: Super Bowl IV: After the Vikings cut the Chiefs' lead to 16-7 in the third quarter and capture momentum, Otis Taylor takes a short pass, breaks a couple of tackles and runs 46 yards for a score in a 23-7 victory.

# 7) Jan. 13, 1974: Super Bowl VIII: Trailing 17-0 in the first half, the Vikings move 74 yards to the Miami 6. On fourth-and-1 from the 6, Oscar Reed fumbles, and the Vikings never threaten again in a 24-7 loss.

#6) Jan. 12, 1975: Super Bowl IX: With the Vikings trailing 2-0 at halftime, Bill Brown fumbles the second-half kickoff, the Steelers recover and end up scoring what turned out to be the clinching touchdown in a 16-7 victory.

#5) Jan. 9, 1977: Super Bowl XI: In the first quarter, the Vikings' Fred McNeill blocks a punt by Ray Guy -- the first punt Guy ever had blocked -- and the Vikings take over at the Raiders' 3-yard line. But two plays later, Brent McClanahan fumbles, the Raiders recover and drive for the first score of the game and the momentum in a 32-14 victory.

#4) Jan. 14, 2001: NFC Championship Game: The heavily favored Vikings commit five turnovers and are outgained 518 yards to 114 and outscored 34-0 in the first half of a stunning 41-0 loss to the New York Giants.

#3) Oct. 12, 1989: The Herschel Walker trade: The Vikings trade Issiac Holt, David Howard, Darrin Nelson, Jesse Solomon, Alex Stewart and what ends up to be three first-round picks, three second-rounds picks, a third-round pick and a sixth-round pick to Dallas. The Cowboys use the picks to select Emmitt Smith and others to help them win three Super Bowls.

#2) Jan. 17, 1999: NFC Championship Game: With the Vikings leading 27-20, Gary Anderson misses a 37-yard field-goal attempt with 6:07 remaining against Atlanta -- his first miss of the season. The Falcons go on to score the tying touchdown and beat the Vikings 30-27 in overtime.

Drum roll, please....

#1) Dec. 28, 1975: NFC divisional playoff game: The Cowboys defeat the Vikings 17-14 on a last-second, 50-yard Hail Mary pass from Roger Staubach to Drew Pearson, who appears to push Nate Wright to the ground before making the catch and jogging into the end zone. (Blame the refs)
    Your're special, you need a gift

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"pack93z" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Who'd he beat that game?

Still waiting for you to say it...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Ahhh another moment in Viking annals...

[youtube=425,350]v_d9hBAurc4[/youtube]

"pack93z" wrote:
    Ahhh another moment in Viking annals...

[youtube=425,350]v_d9hBAurc4[/youtube]
    lol, I remember that game.
    gawd that was a boneheaded move.

"C" wrote:
    Still waiting for you to say it...
    Yes I was even at that game.. you beat a declining Packer team. Happy now?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast