Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Anti-Packer source material needed

A few Packtards I know have forgotten their own history and are now calling into question my integrity.
    So, I'm hoping that I can save myself hours of internet searching and find people HERE who have this info.

1:Yes, we all know that on Dec 14th, 2002, the NFL blew 9 calls - 5 of which were critical - against the Vikings.
    That game featured the rumble that made Hovan the instant "Least Favorite Viking" of all Packtards.
    What I need is a link to the article (Legitimate sources only - no blogs or message board stuff) where the NFL admitted that.

2:
    Randy Moss was crucified for walking out with 2 seconds on the clock....Favre did it with 37 (or was it 47?) seconds versus the Vikes (I believe this was ALSO in '02) and no one said a word.
    Someone here had the video, I need to get a link to it again.

3:
    Got anything else that highlights or defines the Packtards for the turdburglers they really are?
    Link it.

Thanks,

Caine

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Anti-Packer source material needed

"Caine" wrote:
    A few Packtards I know have forgotten their own history and are now calling into question my integrity.

So, I'm hoping that I can save myself hours of internet searching and find people HERE who have this info.

1:Yes, we all know that on Dec 14th, 2002, the NFL blew 9 calls - 5 of which were critical - against the Vikings.
    That game featured the rumble that made Hovan the instant "Least Favorite Viking" of all Packtards.
    What I need is a link to the article (Legitimate sources only - no blogs or message board stuff) where the NFL admitted that.
    Sorry Caine don't have a link for you.
    But, that game did eventually make me a good chunk of change.
    I was in Vegas for the 2003 opener.
    Vikes at Green Bay.
    I was so confident that we would win after the debacle in December 2002 that I bet the money line.
    The Vikings won and it paid of handsomely.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

The newshound can help out a friend;

[size=13pt]OFFICIALS ADMIT TO TICE: WE GOOFED REFS BLEW EIGHT CALLS IN FOURTH QUARTER, NFL SAYS[/size]

Saint Paul Pioneer Press
    - December 12, 2002 - D1 Sports

The NFL officiating department informed the Vikings on Wednesday that eight of nine calls made in the fourth quarter of their 26-22 loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday night were wrong, according to several league sources. In what has become a routine for the Vikings, the team sent in 12 officials' calls it disagreed with, and learned nine were incorrect. Among the blown calls in the fourth quarter the league acknowledged -- Vikings safety Corey Chavous did not...

>> Purchase complete article, of 482 words

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Print this:

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Maybe you should start a protest...

And as far as the link of proof, yeah a Viking newspaper is unbiased..

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    ...And as far as the link of proof, yeah a Viking newspaper is unbiased...
    The problem is that most of the local media hacks in the Twin Cities are anti-Vikings in many of their articles.
    However, facts remain facts, regardless of who wrote them.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Okay let’s straighten this whine fest out right now...

First there were nine blown calls, but only 5 went against the Vikes.. So that means the other 4 were against the Packers correct. Simple math.

Second, look at the picture below... tell me that isn't pass interference... come on he isn't looking for the ball and the ball isn't even in the frame yet.

Yes I agree the Kleinsasser and Ferguson plays were blown... but from the 2 we score anyway.

Now the Walsh hit, in the NFL on a given play from line of scrimmage, a player is not considered down until the whistle blows or is touched down by another player... how could anyone know of Walsh's intentions? Edwards never pummeled anyone in his NFL career... did he hit him yeah, but it was a over the top hit like Corey Fuller put on Brooks seasons earlier..

Basically a bad crew was overseeing the game, and even this recant of the events is dramatized to go along with the site... 5 bad calls against the Vikes, 4 against the Packers... But alas Viking press will make it seem that all 9 calls were Packer favored.

http://www.provencehome.org/refsuck/pages/history02.html

"provencehome" wrote:
    I received more email about this game that any other game this year.
    Apparently, Minnesota got screwed.
    Of course, nobody should be surprised given that Walt Coleman's crew officiated the game.
    Walt is an embarrassment to the NFL, but I digress.
    Five controversial calls went the Packers way in a close 26-22 win.
    First, in the 4th quarter with the Vikings leading, TE Jim Kleinsasser was interfered with/tackled on a third down pass, but no call.
    Second, The Packers were flagged for an illegal hold on a Packer punt return, but after a conference, Coleman picked up the flag and ruled no foul.
    Even ESPN announcer Joe Theismann was amazed at that one.
    Next, Favre's 40 yard TD pass to Robert Ferguson really only covered 38 yards as Ferguson was out of bounds short of the goal line.

The real kicker was a questionable pass interference call on the Vikings Corey Chavous during the Packers game winning drive that negated an interception by teammate Jack Brewer.
    Some pass interference calls are blatant, but this was no worse than the non-call on Kleinsasser earlier (where's the consistency?).
    Finally, With 11 seconds remaining in the game, Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper completed a 17-yard pass to receiver Chris Walsh in the middle of the field.
    With no one around him, Walsh knelt to end the play and give the Vikings a realistic shot at a Hail Mary pass from their own 43-yard line, but Packers defensive back Antuan Edwards pummeled Walsh. The NFL admitted Monday that Walsh should have been ruled down and not hit.
    As an added bonus, a brawl breaks out between the teams due to the cheap shot on Walsh.
    On Wednesday, In a confidential memorandum, the NFL acknowledged its officiating crew made at least nine mistakes during the game.
    All in all, another fine example of Walt Coleman and his bonehead officiating crew blowing another game.

This picture says it all.

[img width=450 height=337]http://www.spikingviking.com/gallery/albums/album02/DSC00468.sized.jpg[/img]
    SKOL VIKINGS

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

This must mean something

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast