Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TheMaineViking is offline Training Camp

Another question for Packer fans

Ok guys be honest here....how many of you were even alive to see the Packers first two Super Bowl wins? If you were alive were you even old enough to understand football? Beyond that did you even watch the Vikings in each of their Super Bowls?

Just something I'm curious about and I'm looking for an honest answer...so unless every single one of you is around 50 years of age, I'm only expecting one or two of you actually saw those games and don't sound like idiots bringing them up.
    Les Steckel, More Bud

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Good point dude, thats just an easy excuse for them to explain the packers are better than the vikings.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Well, I was born a month after Super Bowl II, so I guess I suck.

In a dramatic turn of events, though, I was supposed to be at the Ice Bowl. My mother was 8 months along with me at the time, and was supposed to go with my dad to the game. However, she decided it was too cold and my dad went alone.

Being 150,000 people claim to be in attendance at the Ice Bowl, I'm assuming that most of the crowd was made up of women with child.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Eyesore is offline Pro-Bowler

Alive/too young. Although, I do remember when you used to play home games outside
    Please do not read this. For office use only.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Way too young to know... but... how many Viking fans were alive to see their first super bowl win?

Oh yeah.. nevermind...
    3 Straight Division Champs

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

How many times Packman has your mom called you the abortion that lived?

Just curious.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

Well, this is the way I judge things, I was born in 1984 and didn't start watching and understaning football until 1992. I started watching and becoming more and more of a fan each year and my knowledge of football only spans from about 1992-Present, simply because I do not have a good enough grip on the past, like the previous Packer super bowls and the viking super bowls. I base my opinion on what I have seen over the past 13 or 14 NFL seasons. I have witnessed the Pack win a number of division championships as well as being on NFC Championship games and super bowls. They are in the playoffs every year with the exception of those 2 years. There have been 2 seasons where the Vikes have been impressive and thats it. Thats how I base my opinon.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:
    Well, this is the way I judge things, I was born in 1984 and didn't start watching and understaning football until 1992. I started watching and becoming more and more of a fan each year and my knowledge of football only spans from about 1992-Present, simply because I do not have a good enough grip on the past, like the previous Packer super bowls and the viking super bowls. I base my opinion on what I have seen over the past 13 or 14 NFL seasons. I have witnessed the Pack win a number of division championships as well as being on NFC Championship games and super bowls. They are in the playoffs every year with the exception of those 2 years. There have been 2 seasons where the Vikes have been impressive and thats it. Thats how I base my opinon.

hey jwalk,
    even tho the pack did do what you say, but didnt denny own holmgren as far as the years they were coaching heads up? and the vikes won their share of div titles in that period as well. and the vikes are near or at the top of "all time playoff appearances" post super bowl era.

youre going down this week!!!! 41-31

:salute: :santa:

JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

Your definitely correct, Denny absolutely owned Holmy, as a matter of fact, Holmy had an absolute terrible record against the Vikes. Holmgren was a dismal 5-9 against the Vikes. Sherman however is much better. He is 6-3 in his career against the Vikes and is 2-2 in the dome. He is much more competitive than Holmy in the dome. And we'll see what happpens on Friday...Muhahahahahaha
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Sherman will be 2-3 in the Dome come Friday nite...MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast