Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Ahman's charges, Los's take

Hey all,

I'm just going to post this one...not looking to start anything and didn't want to post in the middle of bono and GBMiah's battles, so I started a new one. If ya don't like it, merge me.

A buddy of mine once got into a situation like this. It was dumb on his part, I guess, but turns out his effort to keep control of a situation cost him jail time.

He and his ex-wife were nearing the end of the marriage. One night, they got into a very heated, but non-violent, argument. My buddy was getting very, very angry and desperate. Trust me, she was a major beeeyotch.

Because he was getting scared his emotions might overflow, he called the police (by the way, my buddy is not a Packer fan, so please don't somehow equate this to a typical Packer fan intelligence). He said he and his wife were having and argument, but he wanted the police to be present and to help calm the situation so that nothing would escalate.

The police arrived, seperated them, and then arrested my buddy on domestic abuse charges, despite no evidence (and the wife even corroborating) he touched her.

He spent a night in jail. The next day, the judge offered him a plea to be charged with disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor. He went along with it, and it was done.

I talked to a police buddy of mine about the situation. He told me that in Wisconsin, on ANY domestic incident call, the policy is ONE of the two parties WILL be arrested, regardless of what happened. Seriously. And that the charge is normally brought down to "disorderly conduct".

Well, even though all the newspaper headlines are saying things like "Domestic abuse" and "Domestic violence", check a real report and see what Ahman was charged with: disorderly conduct.

He had a previous "incident", in which Ahman was exorated as woman (his ex-wife) was determined to be the aggressor.

I know you guys mostly don't care because he's a Packer and its fun to rip him. I'm not saying to stop or that my feelings are hurt or anything like that. Just wanted to let you guys know that this is the way things are done in Wisconsin, and its likely he did very little wrong.

Oh, and no comment on Al Harris. :roll:

Rosenhaus is the devil. :evil:

Franks hasn't signed his tender, so he can't report to anyone's mini-camps.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Ahman's charges, Los's take

If he had cornrows it'd be a disgusting act. As it stands, it gets no press.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

Why does the guy always get the shaft.Sounds like a way for the courts to pull in a few dishonest bucks.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

SuperGonzo is offline Starter

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    If he had cornrows it'd be a disgusting act.
    Or if he was a member of the Minnesota Vikings.
    "Just when you think you have all the answers, I CHANGE THE QUESTIONS!" - Roddy Piper

Visit The Daily Norseman!

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Imagine the press of "someone has to be arrested" if it was Randy. Considering where the meter maid thing wound up, think what the media woulda done with that. Of course I saw Green on NFL network pleading humbly with the media. That must be the ticket. Randy will NEVER learn to crawl begging to the reporters.

Del Rio Guest

Your buddy isn't an huge name running back for a team that has a huge following.

This happened to some other athletes it would be a big deal.

Then again we need to think about something here. What if Payton Manning beat his wife? It would come and go without much press. Probably because his past has been quite when it comes to problems. People may give him the benifit of the doubt.

Moss on the other hand had a lot of problems. SO it would be expected. Same if it happened to T.O or Warren Sapp. Heck even Jamal Lewis.

I do not see this as a Packer thing and them getting off because the media loves them I see this as a Green thing and this being really the first time anything like this has happened. If he goes on national TV on Monday night and makes an ass out of himself then he would be getting a lot more bad press out of this.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

I know this is going to sound funny but it is not. I had a buddy that was with his ex-wife and having an argument (not unlike Los's buddy). He called the police as well to help calm the situation, but when she heard that she started to hit him and kick him. So being next to the phone and not wanting to get hurt or fight back, he ripped the phone cord out and used it to tie her up (back when everything wasn't cordless). Long story short when the cops got there they saw her tied up and arrested him. Eventually the charges were droped but not before he spent the night in jail.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

How Wisconsin's "One Must Go" policy works:

There are several documented cases - here and in other states - of women calling 911 for help and receiving "less than adequate" attention from Police. As unfortunate as it may be, some of those women wound up dead.

Wisconsin - being anal-retentive to a fault - enacted a policy some years ago (At least 8 to 10) that requires Police in a Domestic situation to arrest "the primary aggressor".

Now, who is "The Primary Aggressor"? Well, that's a tricky one. The Police attempt to determine that based upon "the totality pf the circumstances". That means, is the location torn up? Are there physical injuries present? And - the really tricky one - who is acting the most vicious/aggressive upon Police arrival.

Now, there are people out there who will kick, bite, scratch and hit...right up until the first squad car arrives...then they become meek as lambs. There are others who are actually the victims throughout the encounter, then fire up once the Police arrive (Thinking, incorrectly, that NOW they can retaliate without fear).

Sometimes, it isn't obvious.

Sometimes, people lie (Hard to believe, but true).

Tied to that is the fact that there is NO "Citizen's Arrest" in Wisconsin. The State presses all charges. This is designed to prevent Betty-lou-thelma-liz from getting "tuned up" by Billy-joe-jim-bob on Monday, then dropping all charges on Wednesday because she "loves" him.

Add in the fact taht there are some cities that have City Ordinances. A city will adopt some or all of the Wisconsin State Statutes (laws) as Ordinances, and allow Officers to "cite" people on charges at a variety of levels (Federal, State, or ordinance violation).

An example of that is the City of Madison (Capital of WI) which has adopted most statutes as ordinace violations as well. That means that possession of THC (Marijuanna) can be cited as an ordinace violation for the 1st offense (A $50 ticket), or it can be charged as a State Statute violation (Misdemeanor). The difference is lies with the severity of the charge, and who gets the money.

Disorderly Conduct is a popular one to make an ordinace.

I don't have the arrest report on Ahman, so I don't know what happened in detail. Suffice to say that a DC typically means that there was yelling/screaming/cursing involved, but - in a domestic - typically rules out hitting/kicking/biting/scratching. Had there been physical contact, it would have been escallated to Domestic Battery.

So, an educated guess would be that there was a shouting match. I don't know if Ahman and his Ex still cohabitate (Although I don't believe they do), so Ahman likely got tagged because he was in the wrong place...HE came to HER.

Either way, while stupid, it likely isn't as bad as some have made it out to be. I will wait for more information before judging Ahman adversely.

Caine

Del Rio Guest

I think the issue a lot of people have with this is not wether or not he beat his wife. I think it has to do with the fact that if this happened to Randy Moss or maybe even another Viking it would be a big deal in the media's eyes. Even if this was only a shouting match it would be blown out of proportion.

I could care less what he does personally he plays for the packers that is enough to dislike him on this level. If I met him and knew him personally I'm sure my perception would change. As a fan from an opposing team part of the fun for me is not only loving my team but it is hating the others. It makes the victories sweeter and the defeats that much more painful.

I'm sure Mr. Green is a good guy in real life.

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

I can tell you how they decide about primary aggresser,is a male present.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast