Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Ahman didn't beat his wife...

Let me just say only trash beat their wives and girlfriends. That shows their lack of intelligence. When you are in an argument usually the person who is losing the discussion is the first to lash out. Having said that you do not know what went on even in the first incident. How do you know what his wife's character is like? She can lie, she could have been hitting him, he did have a bloody lip. I would like to know more about her before I condemn him. I have seen a friend who was very good to a girl and she cheated on him verbally abused him and treated him like dirt. He finally told her off and wanted get rid of her, he said some rude (but truthful stuff) to her and she flipped on him. She was attacking him as he tried to get out. She was punching, kicking and swearing at him. He finally pushed her down to get away, she landed on the coffee table and bruised her cheek. She then made acomplaint that he hit her. She acted like she was mother Teresa and he was Freddy Crugger. Had I not been there it could have been big truoble for him.
    Moral of the story is that there are two sides to every story. Don't hang him just yet. Let the evidence come out.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Del Rio Guest

Multiple incidents with different wives? And he could possibly be the victim both times?

Not likely in my book.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    Let me just say only trash beat their wives and girlfriends. That shows their lack of intelligence. When you are in an argument usually the person who is losing the discussion is the first to lash out. Having said that you do not know what went on even in the first incident. How do you know what his wife's character is like? She can lie, she could have been hitting him, he did have a bloody lip. I would like to know more about her before I condemn him. I have seen a friend who was very good to a girl and she cheated on him verbally abused him and treated him like dirt. He finally told her off and wanted get rid of her, he said some rude (but truthful stuff) to her and she flipped on him. She was attacking him as he tried to get out. She was punching, kicking and swearing at him. He finally pushed her down to get away, she landed on the coffee table and bruised her cheek. She then made acomplaint that he hit her. She acted like she was mother Teresa and he was Freddy Crugger. Had I not been there it could have been big truoble for him.
    Moral of the story is that there are two sides to every story. Don't hang him just yet. Let the evidence come out.
    FINALLY!!!! Someone who is willing to wait for a more complete picture.

Guys, I know how much you hate the Packers - believe me. In fact, I'm willing to wager that your hatred pales in comparrison to mine (Since I have to LIVE here with the idiots). But, that doesn't mean that we should become the, "My mind's made up, don't confuse me with the facts" people.

Ahman got arrested for DISORDERLY CONDUCT. Here is the legal definition of DC in the Wisconsin State Statutes:

947.01 Disorderly conduct. Whoever, in a public or private place, engages in violent, abusive, indecent, profane, boisterous, unreasonably loud or otherwise disorderly conduct under circumstances in which the conduct tends to cause or provoke a disturbance is guilty of a Class B misdemeanor.

Had he HIT her, then the charge would have escallated to Domestic Battery....it didn't.

So, while I understand that Ahman has had trouble in the past, it looks like THIS time all he did was yell and punch a few inanimate objects. Nothing I haven't done during a Viking loss.

Caine

Del Rio Guest

What is the point of waiting for more evidence? He has lifted his hand against his ex in the past. If he just verbally abused her in front of his 4 year old and beat up furniture does that make him a great guy?

I don't understand this crusade. Ethically he is a chump regardless.

So lets see physically abuses his ex-wife while she is pregnant..........check

Gets into violent shouting match with current wife hits doors, beds, whatever else.....check

She calls 911........he hangs up the phone........nearly resists arrest but thinks twice when they pull a tazer out......check

Sounds like a great guy. I am more then happy to hold off all judgement until I find out if he actually pushed her, hit her, spit on her or whatever else. Because if it turns out he was just doing what married people sometimes do then everything is peaches and creme.

We aren't convicting him, not our job. You see his past and this current incident and all people are deciding is what they feel about his character. And yeah maybe code 12889934030 Niner in the Wisconsin Butt cheese law book says such and such, but your image and your character doesn't get judged by laws.

It's a discussion on a moral level. His past plus this are all misunderstandings I'm sure. Maybe he is on roids.....maybe he is just a prick.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

I didn't know it was two different wives. But you made a good point Del Rio if you are talking about character maybe Ahamn is not the guy you are looking for but it seems to me he did not physically abuse his wife in this instance.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

First, reading the topic of this thread I thought the Packers lost another game this time to Green's wife.

More serious note:

It is great that he did not beat his wife but dealing with a diagreement in a aggressive/violent manner is no way to treat your wife.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Pigskin Bigs Guest

I agree with Del Rio. Ethically, morally, whatever, he is a chump. We all have problems and we all deal with them differently so I can respect that. But Ahman seems to have a history and seems that one can place all the blame on him.

Like some previous replies, I too am a bit surprised that he was able to grip the phone and hang it up without fumbling the phone away. Maybe he wears those rubber arm things to bed at night. Nice.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

He's psychotic!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Del Rio Guest

While he was playing for the Seahawks, Green was taken into custody in Kirkland, Wash., in March 1999. He was charged with fourth-degree domestic assault against his fiancee, Shalynn Vance. The charges were subsequently dropped when Vance failed to appear at the hearing.

That was #1 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The order, issued Wednesday, requires Green to stay away from his wife's home in Omaha and the day care facility that the couple's two young children attend. Shalynn Green also was granted temporary custody of the children.

Shalynn Green alleged that her husband threatened her Tuesday night. She also alleged that he had abused her in the past. She cited two incidents in which she claimed she was beaten while pregnant.

That was #2 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Same chick his ex wife, maybe she was a head case. Doesn't matter much because now a new story with a whole new wife emerges.

This is current #3................

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"webmaster" wrote:
    What about Ahman being arrested on his wedding day to his first wife for battery? Nice guy. Way to make the day special.
    He wanted to make sure it was a day she would always remember.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast