Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

Re: After all this, the PACKERS are one w/ the VIKINGS!!!! HA! HA!

farvathevikinglover,
    The Packers barely beat the Lions? Well now, let's see: your vikings BARELY beat Washington, game one of the season
    (19-16); Carolina (16-13, OT); Arizona (31-26); and those darn lions...BOTH GAMES (but most recent was the Dec. 10th game of 30-20)...wow! You only beat them by two more points than we did today (17-9). Nice! Very nice!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

Cajun,
    I have been visiting PurplePride land this season; just haven't really been posting. If my memory serves me correctly, the last time I posted, I was yappin' about the NBA (and my beloved Bucks...who, by the way, edged out a 108-104 victory over the T'wolves Saturday night!...too bad there's not much more to brag about regarding my boys, though).

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    Cajun,
    I have been visiting PurplePride land this season; just haven't really been posting. If my memory serves me correctly, the last time I posted, I was yappin' about the NBA (and my beloved Bucks...who, by the way, edged out a 108-104 victory over the T'wolves Saturday night!...too bad there's not much more to brag about regarding my boys, though).
    Not posting only gives the appearance that you aren't here...lurkers don't get much respect...as you should be able to ascertain from the latest debate regarding the Lurker thread!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Appearing late in the season, congrats on really sticking with your team!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"bono" wrote:
    I can definately smell post-season entrance for my boys in green and gold.
    A bath & some soap will fix that right up for you Bono.

Funny how it takes 15 weeks into the season when GB finally has the same record as the Vikings, before you to make an appearance.

Where were you after week 1? Where were you when GB was 1 & 4? Where were you every other week until now?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Not posting only gives the appearance that you aren't here...lurkers don't get much respect...as you should be able to ascertain from the latest debate regarding the Lurker thread!
    Awe, come on, Cajun. You know me, man. I've been a purple pride member for some years now. There's nothing "lurker" about me; nor is there anything "troll' about me. I've got a pretty good track record around here, just ask Webby...(where the heck is LOS?). I'm good for some respect, lad. Tell these purple pride rookies about the "B". Assure them that I'm truly down for my Pack, and I'm totally respectful of the Vikes.
    And, Singersp: I do recall posting at least two or thee times (replies to other posts regarding the packers/vikings) during the earlier stages of the season. I was hiding out or anything. I just didn't feel like posting anything in here; was too busy with my "myspace" and BTNHboard.com message boards.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    farvathevikinglover,
    The Packers barely beat the Lions? Well now, let's see: your vikings BARELY beat Washington, game one of the season
    (19-16); Carolina (16-13, OT); Arizona (31-26); and those darn lions...BOTH GAMES (but most recent was the Dec. 10th game of 30-20)...wow! You only beat them by two more points than we did today (17-9). Nice! Very nice!
    Now you did it...and you just HAD to do it, didn't you?
    I let you slide on ONE post, adn you HAD to start talkin' trash and stirring up the coals.
    Well, alrighty then, since you are a slow learner I was all set to give you a bye on this one...but let the games begin!!!!

1:
    Versus Non-common Opponents (Teams we play that you don't and vice versa), we are 2-0...you are 0-2.
    Advantage:
    Vikings

2:
    Chicago beat you 26-NOTHING in your first meeting...we lost by a combined total of 13 points.
    In short, they beat you twice as bad in 1 meeting as they were able to do to us in 2.
    Advantage:
    Vikings

3:
    Detroit.
    While we're both 2-0 versus Detroit, we have a 19 point margin of victory in 2 games to your 15.
    Advantage:
    Vikings

4:
    Miami you beat...we didn't...same with San Fran, HOWEVER, Defensively, we were more effective than you were.
    we both allowed Miami to score 24 points, but we held San Fran to only 9.
    Advantage:
    Peckers x 2 (Since it's 2 different teams).

5:
    Arizona:
    We both beat them...you beat them worse.
    I have to give you this one.
    Advantage:
    Peckers.

6:
    Seattle, we OWNED them, you got beat.
    "nuff said.
    Advantage:
    Vikings

7:
    Buffalo:
    They beat you by 14, they beat us by 5.
    Advantage:
    Vikings

8:
    New England:
    They smoked us, but they served you your SECOND shut out of the season.
    Advantage:
    Vikings

9:
    New York Jets:
    They beat us by 13...and you by TWENTY EIGHT!!!!
    Advantage:
    Vikings.

10:
    In our only face-to-face this season, Green Bay squeeked out a win by 6 whole points.
    Had anyone but Brad Johnson been our QB, that might not have been the case...and, unfortunately for you, that may not be the case on Thursday.
    If Tarvaris Jackson starts - and many of us surmise that he will - look for a very charged up Viking offense to take the field.
    Your Defense won't know what hit them.

So, by my count, it's 7-3 in favor of the Vikings.
    Plus, Favre went an entire game without throwing us a pick...no way he goes an entire season without giving us a few Christmas presents.

PLUS, you beat us 2 years ago on Christmas Eve...we still remember that and harbor a great deal of resentment because of it.
    Sure, we humiliated you in the Play-offs (Our 1st and only meeting there to date), but you messed with CHRISTMAS!!!!
    Look for some pay back.

Bozo, if you had an indian name, the english translation would roughly be "He-who-talks-smak-then-runs-and-hides".
    haven't you been out of your closet long enough?

Caine

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Caine, you've officially arrived! Now that's the Caine I'm used to "reading"!
    p.s. I thought a win was a win, correct? My boys beat your boys by only six points? SO! Deal with it, lad! It's gonna be an even bigger number than that on Thursday night.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Great comeback. :P

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    But, not after this coming Thursday!!!! That's right. Yours truly, BonoSugaRay, energetically predicts a "GB Resurrection" butt smackin' on the Vikings! I don't want to go as far as to predict an exact score, but just know that it will be dead close to a BLOW OUT!!!!
    P.S. What it do, Webby? How's it goin', Cajun and everyone else who remembers the ol' Bono!!!
    P.P.S. If I fail to visit you lads/lasses anytime between tomorrow and next Monday, I just want all of you to know that I hope you all have a great Christmas and an amazing New Year's!!!
    God Bless!
    Ah, typical Bono. Clearly it will depend on the outcome of the game, right "lad"?

If Tarvaris plays, we win by 14. If Brad plays we lose by 14. If Brooks plays we win by 3.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast